Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 23 - Suns v Carlton Sat Aug 19th 2:10pm EST (Heritage)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

In all seriousness, the prospect of a Dimma led GC is (or should be) a concern to all next year. Got some serious talent and if it can click, then look out.
Flanders, Touk, Rowell, Anderson, Fiorini, Ainsworth, Lukosius, Sexton, Collins, Rosas, Ballard, Day and nearly forgot about King. Even Andrew, Chol (thought he was really good at times and has been good at Tigers and will reunite with Dimma) and Humphrey.
Some serious talent that just needs a good leader.

I’d probably include Witts, Powell, Davies, Budarick, Jeffrey

Instead of Day who will retire.

I’d probably include Witts, Powell, Davies, Budarick, Jeffrey

Instead of Day who will retire.
Fair enough. I'll take your word for it. I'm not massively familiar with a lot of your list. I didn't think Day was that old though.
Still a lot of talent. Hopefully Dimma can get them all rowing in the same direction.

Fair enough. I'll take your word for it. I'm not massively familiar with a lot of your list. I didn't think Day was that old though.
Still a lot of talent. Hopefully Dimma can get them all rowing in the same direction.
I gathered. Agree, talent is there.
Play well at times.

But no consistency, no resilience when the tide is against us.

Hope he can bring some Steel to the group.

Yeah, I would say Suns list is pretty talented and is not far off. Can Hardwick help them to take a next step? At the moment, they are still inconsistent, one poor quarter here and there kills them.

Considering the season is over for Suns, I thought it was a good performance from them yesterday. Some really silly mistakes, turnovers, indiscipline cost them dearly in 2nd quarter when Blues made the run. Suns should move Collins on fantastic Curnow much earlier.

It was a great battle in the middle and just entertaining game, only I wish Anderson made that kick :)

One day, I would love Suns to have a home crowd advantage. It must have been 70-80% of crowd Blues supporters. Crazy.

Enjoy finals.

Last edited:
Couldn't be happier than I am today. It's been a long road. 10 weeks ago we were in trouble (I was worried) but calm leadership and trust made all the difference.

For the first time in over 20 years I feel we are a chance. Not favourites but a real chance. This started with the rebuild under MLG & SOS with Bolton and got us to where we are now. Hasn't been smooth with many up and downs but we are now back in Finals

I have always believed we had the list to contend but our culture and development needed to change. It now has. Sayers, Cook & Voss have done an amazing job. Carlton is now a happy, disciplined club on and off the field.

With an 8 day break, Walsh Cerra McGovern Boyd Silvagni Fogarty McKay Durdin, maybe Kennedy, all available (then a weeks break) I believe we are playing as one, playing a style that can beat anyone and have momentum to combine with the genuine matchwinning ability of Curnow Cripps Walsh McKay Cerra Weitering etc

Good players sadly will miss out

We are chance and that's all we can ever ask

GO Blues!!!

Last edited:
Yeah, I would say Suns list is pretty talented and is not far off. Can Hardwick help them to take a next step? At the moment, they are still inconsistent, one poor quarter here and there kills them.

Considering the season is over for Suns, I thought it was a good performance from them yesterday. Some really silly mistakes, turnovers, indiscipline cost them dearly in 2nd quarter when Blues made the run. Suns should move Collins on fantastic Curnow much earlier.

It was a great battle in the middle and just entertaining game, only I wish Anderson made that kick :)

One day, I would love Suns to have a home crowd advantage. It must have been 70-80% of crowd Blues supporters. Crazy.

Enjoy finals.

It's not just Hardwick. He will need a lot of support on and off field and a united club. Hardwick is a very good coach but Gale, O'Neill, Balme and others were a big reason he was successful

It's not just Hardwick. He will need a lot of support on and off field and a united club. Hardwick is a very good coach but Gale, O'Neill, Balme and others were a big reason he was successful
No doubt. I would also add assistant coaches.

Couldn't be happier than I am today. It's been a long road. 10 weeks ago we were in trouble (I was worried) but calm leadership and trust made all the difference.

For the first time in over 20 years I feel we are a chance. Not favourites but a real chance. This started with the rebuild under MLG & SOS with Bolton and got us to where we are now. Hasn't been smooth with many up and downs but we are now back in Finals

I have always believed we had the list to contend but our culture and development needed to change. It now has. Sayers, Cook & Voss have done and amazing job. Carlton is now a happy, disciplined club on and off the field.

With an 8 day break, Walsh Cerra McGovern Boyd Silvagni Fogarty McKay Durdin, maybe Kennedy, all available (then a weeks break) I believe we are playing as one, playing a style that can beat anyone and have momentum

Good players sadly will miss out

We are chance and that's all we can ever ask

GO Blues!!!
I’m not sure how ‘great’ the list is.
But I would say you’ve got a couple of stars in Curnow and Weitering. These two really won the game for you yesterday IMO.

Cripps, Walsh, Saad, Hewett, Cerra even Newman are good/very good players but I think are a level below.

And the rest of the team are doing their job.

No obvious weak links on field at the moment which goes a long way.

Considering we will most likely be facing GWS in an elimination final 12 days later, no way we want to rest players, if GWS win that will be huge for their confidence. If a player is genuinely very sore like Cripps seems to be, then sure but otherwise lets burry them, and scar them for the elimination final.

the numbers of Blues fans hopping on and off the Voss train has exceeded Flinders St at peak hour.
Same for the number of oppo supporters touting that he'd be sacked by mid-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering we will most likely be facing GWS in an elimination final 12 days later, no way we want to rest players, if GWS win that will be huge for their confidence. If a player is genuinely very sore like Cripps seems to be, then sure but otherwise lets burry them, and scar them for the elimination final.

There is some very sore players that may enjoy 2 weeks rest before finals. Cripps Docherty Saad Newman Pittonet have all been managed over the last month. Wouldn't suprise me if we rest a few and give Walsh Cerra Silvagni Boyd Fogarty McGovern a full go at it

Back