Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 23 - Suns v Carlton Sat Aug 19th 2:10pm EST (Heritage)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently he is gettable for a 2nd round pick (which we don't currently have)

Straight swap for Fisher I wouldn't mind doing

I’d prefer to keep Fisher but who knows

Still a real chance we grab Gresham. List Management has changed a lot for us over last few months and for the better. Probably only have 6 changes

Where is the #FREEKICKCURNOW crowd now?
It's always been ridiculous. Somehow I think Charlie is almost underrated.

You see (insert player of the week) given a dedicated love thread on the main board, never Charlie though, or any Carlton player to be honest I suppose. But CC is box office.

I’d prefer to keep Fisher but who knows

Still a real chance we grab Gresham. List Management has changed a lot for us over last few months and for the better. Probably only have 6 changes

Brian Cook has been the best thing to happen to our club in maybe a decade or two.
Absolute legend and very smart operator

The Blues were smoking something that's for sure, very unimpressive and will meet the all-conquering Giants next week who will prepare the pretenders for an early exit out of the finals 2 weeks later
Dead rubber for Blues next week. Especially if Saints and Swans lose. 5th place will be sewn up (only a faint chance for Swans anyway).
Blues a chance to rest a few.
Cripps out for Cerra
Doc out for Walsh
Maybe Hollands out and give Binns his well earned debut

Will likely be about getting miles into the legs of McKay, Cerra, Walsh and maybe Silvagni and Gov.

Good win by the Blues. Fully tested by the Suns and they stood up well under pressure in the last quarter.

They look like premiership material to me. They would be RED HOT flag favourites if it wasn't for their poor form early in the season and them now requiring to win 4 finals in succession from 5th place. That's the only real doubt I have about them. Will they win 4 finals in a row? Only one team has done it in 50 years.

Apart from that, they really do look like the best team in the comp: rock solid defence, big tough midfield, Curnow on fire, Harry alongside him and Martin & Motlop zipping about half forward.

Carlton was a flakey team for a long long time. I never understood the hype about them
But there's nothing flakey about them anymore. I can't see any weaknesses. Everyone is doing their bit.

Put it this way... Whoever beats Carlton this September will probably win the flag.
Or to put it another way... if the Blues don't win it this year, they'll probably win it next year.

Last edited:
Good win by the Blues. Fully tested by the Suns and they stood up well under pressure in the last quarter.

They look like premiership material to me. They would be RED HOT flag favourites if it wasn't for their poor form early in the season and them now requiring to win 4 finals in succession from 5th place. That's the only real doubt I have about them. Will they win 4 finals in a row? Only one team has done it in 50 years.

Apart from that, they really do look like the best team in the comp: rock solid defence, big tough midfield, Curnow on fire, Harry alongside him and Martin & Motlop zipping about half forward. I can't see any weaknesses.

Put it this way... Whoever beats Carlton this September will probably win the flag.
Or to put it another way... if the Blues don't win it this year, they'll probably win it next year.
Someone who knows footy. Kudos to you.

Someone who knows footy. Kudos to you.
Ah well... It's easy to see things clearly and to give credit where credit is due and not be butt,hurt about rival teams when your team is in 16th position on the ladder. I'm sure if the Hawks were in the top 4, I would be scowling and saying the Blues have proved nothing yet and they will probably choke this September.

:D:thumbsu:

Can we get a welfare check on Mick? I'm worried about him.

Are you kidding!!! Every week he bags the s**t of us and tips against us and he's dead set wrong every time. Let MickG keep sprouting his s**t. Not only is it glorious that he expends so much mental energy on Carlton, I mean the club has him emotionally ****ed beyond belief. I absolutely love watching him put his eerrrr "intelligence" on for public display every week., it would be a deadset ******* coincidence if one brain cell connected to another inside that head of his

MickG keep the good times rolling, we are loving it.

The Blues were smoking something that's for sure, very unimpressive and will meet the all-conquering Giants next week who will prepare the pretenders for an early exit out of the finals 2 weeks later

40 points down playing away after 8 wins in a row and at least 5 of best 18 players missing and still win. Yeh okay 🙄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from that, they really do look like the best team in the comp: rock solid defence, big tough midfield, Curnow on fire, Harry alongside him and Martin & Motlop zipping about half forward.

Carlton was a flakey team for a long long time. I never understood the hype about them
But there's nothing flakey about them anymore. I can't see any weaknesses. Everyone is doing their bit.

Adding Cerra and Walsh to this team is going to help immensely. There's over an 8 day break now, we could afford to rest Cripps with them in. Maybe Doc too.

take your hand off it. It smells

Ah well... It's easy to see things clearly and to give credit where credit is due and not be butt,hurt about rival teams when your team is in 16th position on the ladder. I'm sure if the Hawks were in the top 4, I would be scowling and saying the Blues have proved nothing yet and they will probably choke this September.

:D:thumbsu:
Credit to you.

In all seriousness, the prospect of a Dimma led GC is (or should be) a concern to all next year. Got some serious talent and if it can click, then look out.
Flanders, Touk, Rowell, Anderson, Fiorini, Ainsworth, Lukosius, Sexton, Collins, Rosas, Ballard, Day and nearly forgot about King. Even Andrew, Chol (thought he was really good at times and has been good at Tigers and will reunite with Dimma) and Humphrey.
Some serious talent that just needs a good leader.

And Dusty

Dead rubber for Blues next week. Especially if Saints and Swans lose. 5th place will be sewn up (only a faint chance for Swans anyway).
Blues a chance to rest a few.
Cripps out for Cerra
Doc out for Walsh
Maybe Hollands out and give Binns his well earned debut

Will likely be about getting miles into the legs of McKay, Cerra, Walsh and maybe Silvagni and Gov.
we should try out our full midfield so that we can see it work before finals

dow acres doch have filled in admirably but we havent seen how they work with walsh and cerra...

Back