Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 23 - Crows v Swans Sat Aug 19th 7:40pm EST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Swans by a lot

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Total karma.

* if it was the right call. Swans were shafted for a quarter and a half by the umps.

Surprised the field umpired didn't overall it themselves actually.

Lapping up those salty tears
Right call šŸ¤£ you obviously did see how the Crows were shafted by the umpires for the first 4 qtrs šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø, That was a goal, and the Vriwd should have won. Enjoy your little false sun now because you are going nowhere in the finals. We will be enjoying your salty tears very soon.

Whilst I donā€™t usually have much sympathy for the crows, swans fans bringing up poor on field umpiring is irrelevant. On field umpiring mistakes are a part of the game and happen every game.

We have a system in place to ensure goal umpiring decisions are as accurate as possible. It is an absolute joke that it wasnā€™t used as the decision would have 100% been overturned.
Because you can't highlight one critical decision in a game without highlighting others that could also have a bearing on the final result. Gulden got pinged for a throw that wasn't which led to a direct goal.. a black and white error with a direct consequence just like this goal review. so the crows supporters can just take that into account and move on, head on the pillow and sun will rise tomorrow. The team that deserved to win it, won.

Because you can't highlight one critical decision in a game without highlighting others that could also have a bearing on the final result. Gulden got pinged for a throw that wasn't which led to a direct goal.. a black and white error with a direct consequence just like this goal review. so the crows supporters can just take that into account and move on, head on the pillow and sun will rise tomorrow. The team that deserved to win it, won.
That one critical call cost us the game. You were lucky to have the umpires in your side for at the very least 3 quarters of the game. Enjoy your little victory because you wonā€™t get the same favours when you play a Vic team.

That one critical call cost us the game. You were lucky to have the umpires in your side for at the very least 3 quarters of the game. Enjoy your little victory because you wonā€™t get the same favours when you play a Vic team.
Hahaha and if you won does that mean the gulden error didn't cost us? Can't just pick and choose whatever suits your agenda. Look at all decisions are look at none. Plus there was still 50 seconds to go, it wasn't an after the siren kick.

Woah coming from a fan of a club that hasnt won one for what 25?

You know what would have guaranteed a win tonight?

Not letting Sydney beat you convincingly for 3 quarters, was it a goal ? clearly it was but its not like you didnt have many many other chances

Besides i remember you guys were loving it when Jenkins kicked his 'goal' or last year when Lachie Murphy was too 'sore' (desite not being injured and playing the next week) to take his kick so Dawson could ..
Coming from a club that exists to win premerships and has only won 1 in 30 years. So being too sore and playing next week? Err what the hell does that mean? Your club puts concussed players back on the oval after 5 mins. What is worse? Oh and Iā€™m sure you have got a few lucky breaks with the umps over the years so crawl back in your hole.

It was an awful call, we got the rub early, you got the rub late...the game was atrociously umpired throughout with bad calls going against both teams. The umpires gave you a massive leg up in the final quarter, but had helped us early, so you could make the argument you should have been closer at 3/4 time and won by 2 goals.

We could also make the argument that, that shouldn't have been a kick to win the game.

It was a howler, and was late in the game and was ultimately consequential on the result and I would be pissed too. But you can't just look at it in isolation and pretend there weren't other calls that had a similar impact to the result either way or that other howlers haven't occurred.

It is no worse than Cameron's goal against the pies, but that wasn't as late and the Pies won regardless.

I get your frustrations, and watch this from time to time because although I felt robbed on the day it makes me feel better for some reason.

Hahaha and if you won does that mean the gulden error didn't cost us? Can't just pick and choose whatever suits your agenda. Look at all decisions are look at none. Plus there was still 50 seconds to go, it wasn't an after the siren kick.
Lmao how could it cost you if it was the correct decision? We will never know what would have happened in that last minute but we had all the momentum and going by that it would be very likely we would have bottled it up in the middle at the next bounce and win the game.

Right call šŸ¤£ you obviously did see how the Crows were shafted by the umpires for the first 4 qtrs šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø, That was a goal, and the Vriwd should have won. Enjoy your little false sun now because you are going nowhere in the finals. We will be enjoying your salty tears very soon.
Oh, diddums

I might go back and watch the goal umpire botch the call just for kicks now

Lmao how could it cost you if it was the correct decision? We will never know what would have happened in that last minute but we had all the momentum and going by that it would be very likely we would have bottled it up in the middle at the next bounce and win the game.
The gulden decision was not the correct decision.... We would likely have been up by more in the last and even your dominant last qtr wouldn't have been enough.

It was an awful call, we got the rub early, you got the rub late...the game was atrociously umpired throughout with bad calls going against both teams. The umpires gave you a massive leg up in the final quarter, but had helped us early, so you could make the argument you should have been closer at 3/4 time and won by 2 goals.

We could also make the argument that, that shouldn't have been a kick to win the game.

It was a howler, and was late in the game and was ultimately consequential on the result and I would be pissed too. But you can't just look at it in isolation and pretend there weren't other calls that had a similar impact to the result either way or that other howlers haven't occurred.

It is no worse than Cameron's goal against the pies, but that wasn't as late and the Pies won regardless.

I get your frustrations, and watch this from time to time because although I felt robbed on the day it makes me feel better for some reason.

At the end of the day, and as gutted as I feel right now, Iā€™m bloody happy as hell that my club is headed in the right direction. Iā€™m convinced we will be better next year and should make the finals if not sim for too 4. So itā€™s not all doom and gloom on my end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that should make up for the absolute shommizil that was a ping that should have berm a goal! Wow!
As I mentioned earlier, the time and context of the game when the blunder was made fuels the emotion, and it was an absolute howler. T

he footage I have seen shows there is no way the goal umpire would have had a clear view, so for him to (A) say it clearly hit the post and (B) the controlling field umpire to not have sufficient doubt and send for review is urforgiveable.

The fact it was to put the Crows in front with a minute to go, doesn't make it any worse or better than if it had have happened in the first quarter, or if it didn't impact the result.

At the end of the day, and as gutted as I feel right now, Iā€™m bloody happy as hell that my club is headed in the right direction. Iā€™m convinced we will be better next year and should make the finals if not sim for too 4. So itā€™s not all doom and gloom on my end.

Right direction????

You cannot get too carried away. They need to do this hard work all over again and trust me it's not going to be easy. Adelaide need to earn it.

Shocking not only has it ruined the crows but now the side that misses finals also in the 4 teams for 2 spots will also be pissed I would think

Last edited:
lol

the AFL signed off on a swans player literally climb a goal post during a set shot to win the game.

Welcome to the club Adelaide. You are not a Target market for the AFL.

So the goal umpire has been stood down for the rest of the season. Not sure this is the right call.

Has a precedent now been set? Can all umpires be stood down if they make bad decisions? Or does it only happen if the bad decision is in the last 2 minutes of a game? Or if the result is less than 1 or 2 goals. What if a field umpire or group of field umpires slaughter a team across a whole day? Should they all be stood down.

Anyway whinge over. The AFL needs to do better.

Justice prevails. That last quarter was almost shameless match fixing. Absolutely astonishingly criminal calls in the first 10mins of that last quarter.

btw enjoy another August mad monday Dawso.
You do realize that the free kick count was massively skewed in favour of Sydney at one point right? Of course they are going to try even it up. Check the count from the saints v geelong game. Interesting that it didnā€™t happen there though

Umpires could've used their world famous common sense and stopped play when half of the crows were out of bounds with timeoff.
Should the game stop for your players carrying on like morons? No. These players have a history of doing this, rachelle over in the crowd after kicking a goal and still being 3 goals down against Richmond. Itā€™s dead set embarrassing. Too many blokes more interested in getting their photos taken than worrying about playing football. Stupid is as stupid does

I think you're wrong. What happened to all goals are reviewed? They have so many umpires so avoid this sort of thing yet it happens all the time. What a sh1t show. That umpire should absolutely never umpire again. Clear incompetence.
That is rubbish. The fact is that the Unpire was 5 or 6 feet from the incident. If it was 20 or 30 years it'd be the umpires decision, technology in this game now are creating minuscule situations where a hundred differences of what people actually see can be argued about.
Things that the human eye was used, its sport and this over kill of technology is a blight on the sport, when perception is everything, how many goals reviewd that you see on screen that were or weren't goals, the technology has always had a problem. And a million questions. How many crappy field umpire decisions have won or lost games? Think on it. what the goal umpire saw was what he saw, sack him you say, I can think of plenty of decisions made in split seconds by field umpires are absolutely
Why, because it is cameras and camera angles that are shot from distance and are a product of light reflection which is what photography is, you could go on with a million different things that cameras show or don't, and make mistakes when vision shots are almost impossible to pick.
But as I said the umpire was 5 or 6 feet from the reality, and yes one shot looks like the ball was untouched, but, it also looks in another where the tip end of the oval footy scraped the post it didn't hit the wrappings . So close or maybe not but the Umpire saw it as that and that is that.

Now for the Crow footballers whinging about Sydney winning , think on this, if you weren't in the position of being way behind at the last change like 4 to 5 goals, it wouldn't have taken a mind blowing last quarter to win, .
Crows were beaten all day, all day until the last quarter, catch up footy loses games mostly, it was at Crows home ground, ad Sydney won three quarters.
So all you who say the modern football is so fantastic and that modern technology in sport is heading always into the realm of unfairness from photo perception to umpires on the field calling out split second stuff which half the time is wrong or not calling at all and some times right in front of their eyes.

One last thing deliberate out of bounds is becoming like a basket ball throw in, and they are unfair especially when a player is under pressure and looks to be defending using the boundary line , well that is the job and a free kick from the boundary when a crappy call is made for deliberate and its way inside the 50 m that is nonsense should not operate and even long kicks out of defence that go out before being touched under sever pressure the kick is taken when did a rule become such as that when it is defending desperately.
Also the 50M for stinking foot movement over the mark maybe a couple of inches and bang 50m free kick call, it is not in the nature or the interest of AFL football, it is a strange and game losing or winning penalty that should never have been invented ,whether by Hocking orwho ever the sycophantic AFL rule makers are.
So Sydney won, nothing changes and there 's your explanation, they were in front when the siren went, and take and deserve the win for three quarters of football. PS Crows don't celebrate too fast its egotistical and makes you look stupid.

umpire also motioned his arm across his chest - not the hand actions of a poster so I am convinced he got lost in the light, made up a bullshit call expecting it would be reviewed

Edit: hand across the chest, then thumped his hand on the post afterwards
Thatā€™s how they signal hitting the post, otherwise if they start running back to the center people can think itā€™s a goal

Back