Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 20 - Crows v Port Sat July 29th 7:40pm EST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What was illegal about it?
Futurama Squinting GIF

Apart from the early jump, two hands on the shoulders, then back onto the ground before the ball got there….. nothing.

Thanks.
For reference, the club doctors passed her fit, the AFL looked at the vision (which they do for every incident I understand) and over ruled the doctors.

All I’m saying is that its easy to tee off at clubs when it’s the centre of the TV screen in a big game with multiple angles, but so many incidental issues which other clubs including your own in this case, appear to compromise the protocols (one particular one of Dusty Martin a couple of years ago comes to mind where he never even left the field)

Yes and it's that overrule that I support.

This wasn't a decision made under pressure, the Doctor isn't there to make strategic calls or move the magnets, he is there to keep people safe. There is a protocol that buys time (HIA) and it wasn't used.

It's indefensible.

Tex was amazing
The result was amazing
Everyone pitched in

And yet I am still mad on behalf of everyone who has supported a safer sport that Port did what they did tonight. How can that be allowed to happen?
Not the first time they've done it. They didn't test either Butters or Jonas after a massive head clash late in the game in r13 against us last year.

* I hope we sign up Josh Carr ASAP before the wheels fall off Ports season.

Not the first time they've done it. They didn't test either Butters or Jonas after a massive head clash late in the game in r13 against us last year.

Port doctor has a different protocol to most other teams.

Not like Allir knew where Tex was for the rest of the game any way...

For what it's worth everyone around me at the game didn't like it. Said we should be happy a SA lad came back to the state.
Imagine we booed Dawson, or Rankine? Id be the same opinion as you.
Im glad that you and those around you were sensible. You also had much to celebrate too!

Imagine we booed Dawson, or Rankine? Id be the same opinion as you.
Im glad that you and those around you were sensible. You also had much to celebrate too!
I agree.

I didn't boo JHF & don't get why he is.

Sure you are.

Where was your fury when Collingwood admitted that Murphy was dazed for a couple of minutes after Rioli’s slap last week, a player which has a history of concussions, but never even left the field?

Enjoy the win from being the far better team tonight, and good luck for finals.would hate to meet you for obvious reasons.
Lol. This is such a low IQ post.
Murphy was not "dazed for a couple of minutes". Why lie? He was stunned by the contact but got up 5 seconds later and showed no absolutely ill effects. Port Adelaide challenged the Rioli suspension on the basis that it was an open hand and light contact. Yet here you are saying Murphy should have been assessed for concussion because of it. :$

btw.. I can assure you Pies club doctors would have looked at it and, unlike you apparently; straight away realised it did not require a concussion test. Why? Because they have an IQ above room temperature.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw a clip of Tex selling candy and slotting one from 5 on the left foot.

Dont like the guy but thats magic.
One of the best goals of the year.

Gun!

Rozee looked very dazed after the Hunter incident that he was suspended for and the trainers didn’t even look at him.

Lol. This is such a low IQ post.
Murphy was not "dazed for a couple of minutes". Why lie? He was stunned by the contact but got up 5 seconds later and showed no absolutely ill effects. Port Adelaide challenged the Rioli suspension on the basis that it was an open hand and light contact. Yet here you are saying Murphy should have been assessed for concussion because of it. :$

btw.. I can assure you Pies club doctors would have looked at it and, unlike you apparently; straight away realised it did not require a concussion test. Why? Because they have an IQ above room temperature.

Calm down, Mary Jane. Wasn’t my claim re Murphy.

So save your insults for those who make those claims.

Could it be because he lifts the arms to cause a high free, ginnivan lite.
What are you talking about?
Seriously, you could just enjoy a comprehensive win without trying to defend the minority of imbeciles in this case.

New concussion rule:

Do what you like.
Concussion rule needs to be taken seriously. Imagine the ramifications if a player went back on, got hit again and died.

Each game needs an independent team to assess players.

What are you talking about?
Seriously, you could just enjoy a comprehensive win without trying to defend the minority of imbeciles in this case.
You don’t notice he does it?
Every team has one.
Bloody annoying.
Guess it’s not as bad as booing Tex in the Phil walsh game though.

There us no way that they shouldn't have an independent AFL appointed doctor with expertise in concussion on duty at every game.

Aliir Aliir and/or his family will be suing the AFL in 10 years time for their continued disregard for their players brain health

There us no way that they shouldn't have an independent AFL appointed doctor with expertise in concussion on duty at every game.

Aliir Aliir and/or his family will be suing the AFL in 10 years time for their continued disregard for their players brain health
Seemed like port subbed who they could afford to, allir looked the worse of the two and clearly dazed on the way off... not even subjected to protocol before coming back on.

Double the views
Three times the comments
(Than a 2 point Essendon-Sydney game)

The people have spoken

Give us Friday Night next year AFL!!!!

Back