Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 19 - Port v Pies Sat July 22nd 7:40pm EST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No one’s doubting he’s quality at the things he does (great tank and disposal off both feet) but he is weak as piss when it’s his turn to go. Don’t think I’ve ever seen him put his head over the ball.
he, half the time he’s so far in front of his opponents that canthappen. He’s not as weak as piss in any part of his game, meanwhile, is your team even close to AFL standard? What the hell happened!

No that’s a statement.

The serious question was, if you are such a dominant side as we all see, why have you been behind at 3qt so often?
I know I may sound like a smartarse but the answer is because the score at the FT siren is most important, but it’s honestly that simple.

Why does being behind at 3QT anymore important than being behind at QT or HT?

Even if that was true, why nitpick? The kid is a jet and you’d take him in a heartbeat.

You really should do better instead of being a troll.
Because everyone carries on like he’s the best thing since sliced bread. As of right now I’d take Butters and Bont before him without a second thought if I had free selection of any players in the league.

If they play again this year (assuming it will be the G given ladder positions) pies will win by 5-6 goals.

That was Ports best shot I thought, had clearly geared themselves for quite sometime for that game given what happened in round 2, had ammunition from Maynard to feed off, showed the early tactical hand by hard tagging Daicos, was at home in front of a great crowd and conditions probably suited, rested players for it and their best players all performed.

Nothings ever easy in September but if that’s the Grand final in my opinion I don’t think it’ll be that close.

Great game though and when they’re on they bring the heat. Rozee and Butters are superstars and will make sure Port are a threat for years to come

No one’s doubting he’s quality at the things he does (great tank and disposal off both feet) but he is weak as piss when it’s his turn to go. Don’t think I’ve ever seen him put his head over the ball.
Opposition coaches don’t seem to agree with you. AFL Coaches votes tell part of the story.
Never seen so much work put into a 2nd year player by opposition coaches as we have seen with Daicos.

I know I may sound like a smartarse but the answer is because the score at the FT siren is most important, but it’s honestly that simple.

Why does being behind at 3QT anymore important than being behind at QT or HT?
They should change the points system.
1st quarter lead = .5 points.
Half Time lead = 1 point.
3/4 Time lead = 1.5 points.
Full Time lead = 2 points.

So if you lead for 3 quarters and get overtaken in the last it's 3 points v 2 points.
Full match lead is 5 points.

Because everyone carries on like he’s the best thing since sliced bread. As of right now I’d take Butters and Bont before him without a second thought if I had free selection of any players in the league.
People are carrying on because there’s only a handful of players in the history of the game to have had this kind of impact at this stage of their careers. He’ll most likely win the Brownlow and has been the best player on the best team so far.
Bont, petracca, Oliver and maybe Butters are all better players right now but this kids 20.
Hard tagged and still had 25 with a goal. The only reason you’d be in here is too troll so keep up the good work legend.

How many weeks does Murphy get for staging? That’s a bad look for our game and staging like that shouldn’t be trained into “men”
Hello old friend, I’ve missed you. How’d you find the Pies last night?

So because we’re witnessing a once in a generational player and people are appreciating him, you are being triggered and nitpick? Cool. Sorry man, there’s no justification for your sourness.

They should change the points system.
1st quarter lead = .5 points.
Half Time lead = 1 point.
3/4 Time lead = 1.5 points.
Full Time lead = 2 points.

So if you lead for 3 quarters and get overtaken in the last it's 3 points v 2 points.
Full match lead is 5 points.
Can you please stop? Someone from the AFL would no doubt be reading this and will probably implement it in 2024.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really dislike how Aliir Aliir is always third man up , cant one on one defend to save himself , dont think ive ever seen him not go third man up

If they play again this year (assuming it will be the G given ladder positions) pies will win by 5-6 goals.

That was Ports best shot I thought, had clearly geared themselves for quite sometime for that game given what happened in round 2, had ammunition from Maynard to feed off, showed the early tactical hand by hard tagging Daicos, was at home in front of a great crowd and conditions probably suited, rested players for it and their best players all performed.

Nothings ever easy in September but if that’s the Grand final in my opinion I don’t think it’ll be that close.

Great game though and when they’re on they bring the heat. Rozee and Butters are superstars and will make sure Port are a threat for years to come
Hoping you are right and they are mentally and physically shot for the showdown next week. A loss to port there and a brisbane win would drop port to 3rd spot

With all due respect to your post I know you mean well but crazier things have happened. Hawks 08, Tigers 17. Never know on the day.

Plus the Collingwood scarf is probably the opposite of an aphrodisiac in SA. I got more high 5s from bogans this weekend than I have in my whole life.
Mate they love black and white down there. They were even waving Collingwood flags in the Port Adelaide cheer-squad, you'll see it on the replay.
Maybe take the wedding band off next time, you'll thank me for it :thumbsu:

He is the best thing since sliced bread.

People are carrying on because there’s only a handful of players in the history of the game to have had this kind of impact at this stage of their careers. He’ll most likely win the Brownlow and has been the best player on the best team so far.
Bont, petracca, Oliver and maybe Butters are all better players right now but this kids 20.
Hard tagged and still had 25 with a goal. The only reason you’d be in here is too troll so keep up the good work legend.
The ages are irrelevant here. Those names you mentioned are all capable of single handedly dragging their side over the line. Daicos won’t hit that level because he’s too scared to put his body on the line for his side.

Similar things were said about Walsh early in his career too and whilst no one doubts his ability either he just isn’t that guy. But a lot of people would have you believing Daicos is the second coming of Judd

Back