Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 19 - Port v Pies Sat July 22nd 7:40pm EST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done from Kane Cornes for calling out yet another dive and soft act from Murphy: "milking it" "open hand". What a relief that we have a genuine straight shooter in the media like Cornes who calls it how he sees it. No bias, no bullshit.

Wtf? I assume this is sarcasm.

Bloke gets a whack to the side of his head by an opponent with his back to the play and somehow he’s taking a dive.

Spare me this open hand bull crap. He had his knuckles clenched and hit him with the palm side of his fist. You don’t need to be hit with a traditional straight punch to be badly hurt and cause damage.

Otherwise hammer fists, palm strikes etc wouldn’t actually be a thing.

The media should be better in this regards also and not try to downplay incidents like this.

Bloke gets a whack to the side of his head by an opponent with his back to the play and somehow he’s taking a dive.

Spare me this open hand bull crap. He had his knuckles clenched and hit him with the palm side of his fist. You don’t need to be hit with a traditional straight punch to be badly hurt and cause damage.

The media should be better in this regards also and not try to downplay incidents like this.
Scummy act from clearly not a very intelligent human.

How many weeks does Murphy get for staging? That’s a bad look for our game and staging like that shouldn’t be trained into “men”
If I were you I’d be more concerned about trying to turn a $700kpa 205cm reserve VFL quality forward into just a VFL quality forward. 1 goal (from a ruck contest mind you) against a team that has yet to win a game and going at 50% percentage is a concern.

Spare me this open hand bull crap. He had his knuckles clenched and hit him with the palm side of his fist. You don’t need to be hit with a traditional straight punch to be badly hurt.

The media should be better in this regards also.
That’s one biased view.

Another biased view is that Murphy has hold of Rioli’s jumper with both hands for about 3 seconds beforehand, was throwing little jumper punches to Rioli’s throat at exactly the same time as Rioli‘s open hand slap, and went down quicker than a conjugal visit in prison.

The answer lies somewhere in between.

If I were you I’d be more concerned about trying to turn a $700kpa 205cm reserve VFL quality forward into just a VFL quality forward. 1 goal (from a ruck contest mind you) against a team that has yet to win a game and going at 50% percentage is a concern.
I’m not concerned. He kicked 1.3, he just felt sorry for Coburg and didn’t want to beat them up.

Well done from Kane Cornes for calling out yet another dive and soft act from Murphy: "milking it" "open hand". What a relief that we have a genuine straight shooter in the media like Cornes who calls it how he sees it. No bias, no bullshit.
The bloke has a major history of concussion. It a bit of a low blow to slap him in the face with his history. An open hand is no different to a clenched fist when it come to concussion.

But we're behind at 3/4 a lot, doesn't that mean we are not very good?

Or maybe it's just the rest of the league are worse?
But we all know that Collingwood are the best team in the comp by a stretch margin.
Thats the consensus, no trolling.

Lol
If we're playing that game:
  • wines had 2 kicks
  • Dixon was on a walking frame
  • McEntee and Evans did absolutely nothing
  • lycett was awful to the point of being subbed off
  • Finlayson was invisible for 3 quarters
  • Houston quiet compared to usual

Butters, rozee and drew were good.

Both teams would have a lot of players that could do better, but the pressure was intense.

Jesus tell me you don’t know port.

Dixon is playing sore, lycett is playing sore and shouldn’t be playing.

We had a bunch of players out of form. Wines has been playing through something all year and barely got near it last night (he’s been up and down all year- mostly down).

A bunch of players just returned from injury and finding form (duursma and McKenzie to name a couple).

Also, daicos and Degoey were down cause we’ve got one of the best run with players in the league in drew. He’s been doing jobs on the leagues best players for years now.

Every week he neutralises players. If we face you again he will shut them down again. Keep sleeping on him.

Right now pies are the best team in the comp, but to say port had everything their way or that was the best we’ve got is stupid as dogshit and naive.

We’re clearly banged up right now.

No doubt you’ll be able to pick 4-5 players for either side that you could’ve gotten more out of. At the end of the day, the margin could’ve been a handful of point either way too.

I didn’t think Finlayson did too badly despite the conditions. 15 touches, 5 tackles and a goal isn’t terrible for a tall in that weather. Dixon kicked 2 which is on par for his output nowadays, again especially considering the conditions. I felt they offered more than McStay and Cox and played the conditions better.

All I was saying is your best players played their game vs ours in Daicos and JDG who could’ve done a fair bit more. It’s not going to be every game Port can restrict Daicos to 25 and JDG to 19 - they’re our two biggest X factors in midfield when compared to yours in Butters and Rozee. Was a pleasure watching those 2 in the flesh too btw.

Was a truly unbelievable game - intensity was out of control. If that’s our GF preview, don’t reckon too many AFL fans can complain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure contested possessions around a pack of 50/50 players are counted. You don’t have to be under any immediate pressure to be recorded as having a contested possession. Every time he saw contact coming he s**t himself and swung a half arse boot at it or made sure to stay well clear
Are you seriously trying to piss on one of the best players in the game who is only on his second year of senior footy?

Wowee, you’re a great footy brain, champ.

Worth remembering the Pies won all the close games last year, except the two close games that mattered.
You’re responding to a post about the Pies being kissed on the dick that we lost the close games that mattered most without realising the irony of Geelong being kissed on the dick by the umps in that QF.

He who laughs last, laughs the loudest at the end of the day. Will be interesting to see who laughs last this year I guess.

Are you seriously trying to piss on one of the best players in the game who is only on his second year of senior footy?

Wowee, you’re a great footy brain, champ.
No one’s doubting he’s quality at the things he does (great tank and disposal off both feet) but he is weak as piss when it’s his turn to go. Don’t think I’ve ever seen him put his head over the ball.

No one’s doubting he’s quality at the things he does (great tank and disposal off both feet) but he is weak as piss when it’s his turn to go
Even if that was true, why nitpick? The kid is a jet and you’d take him in a heartbeat.

You really should do better instead of being a troll.

I’d just like to share that my very first experience of AO was quite pleasant.
Meet any girls in Adelaide? South Australian ladies are different, they are the best in the world. Fantastic lovers.

How many weeks does Murphy get for staging? That’s a bad look for our game and staging like that shouldn’t be trained into “men”
Hey Fitzey, there’s a small village, on a tiny island in the Outer Hebrides that recently lost it’s Village Idiot. You’re eminently qualified to slot into that role.

Jesus tell me you don’t know port.

Dixon is playing sore, lycett is playing sore and shouldn’t be playing.

We had a bunch of players out of form. Wines has been playing through something all year and barely got near it last night (he’s been up and down all year- mostly down).

A bunch of players just returned from injury and finding form (duursma and McKenzie to name a couple).

Also, daicos and Degoey were down cause we’ve got one of the best run with players in the league in drew. He’s been doing jobs on the leagues best players for years now.

Every week he neutralises players. If we face you again he will shut them down again. Keep sleeping on him.

Right now pies are the best team in the comp, but to say port had everything their way or that was the best we’ve got is stupid as dogshit and naive.

We’re clearly banged up right now.
Everyone is sore when they’re out of form. Maybe it’s just Dixon and Wines are over the hill. Lycett is cooked and playing him lost you the game last night. Duursma and McKenzie are ordinary players who played ordinary games. There’s nothing to suggest they have levels to go up on.

Meet any girls in Adelaide? South Australian ladies are different, they are the best in the world. Fantastic lovers.
I’m married with 2 kids, I reckon they can sniff that from a mile away. Plus the Collingwood scarf is probably the opposite of an aphrodisiac in SA. I got more high 5s from bogans this weekend than I have in my whole life.

“No bias” - ow the irony, if only you saw how funny that is 😂

Back