Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 19 - Port v Pies Sat July 22nd 7:40pm EST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Because everyone carries on like he’s the best thing since sliced bread. As of right now I’d take Butters and Bont before him without a second thought if I had free selection of any players in the league.
Literally nobody with a train of sane thought would take Butters

The ages are irrelevant here. Those names you mentioned are all capable of single handedly dragging their side over the line. Daicos won’t hit that level because he’s too scared to put his body on the line for his side.

Similar things were said about Walsh early in his career too and whilst no one doubts his ability either he just isn’t that guy. But a lot of people would have you believing Daicos is the second coming of Judd
How is age not relevant? Do players not improve with experience? Were the players I mentioned doing what they’re now doing at his age?
Bont hit his peak at 23-24, Oliver the same. Petracca was just a talent until he was 24-25.
This has been far and away Butters best year of footy and he’s turning 23.
All are men now, Daicos is still a kid.
Age is everything in this case.

You’re coping out of hate, people like yourself will always find something to be critical about because that’s all you’re looking for.

He’s spent a dozen games playing pure on ball and with more preseasons his body will adapt to the rigours of contested ball week after week.
And when he is a champion in 3-4 years posts like these will be forgotten and you’ll continue on making silly comments without anyone ever holding them to account.
That’s the beauty of the internet age.

Butters won't poll a vote. Daicos kicked a last quarter goal, had 6 touches and 3 clearances. Instrumental in the final term comeback. Butters couldn't pick it up in the heat.
A goal from a free kick? calm down I’m actually surprise he put his body on the line for once

Don’t let facts get in the way of a good story.

He had 9 clearances. More than any Port player on the ground.

Despite getting a hard tag.
I think that along with the Adelaide game and maybe Sydney, opp teams are starting to develop ways to curb a sensational young players influence.
And he"ll work to develop his game to beat those tactics.
Amazing we are talking about a 2nd year player in that regard. It's not a criticism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im salty rooster teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter
images (35).jpeg

We just did what we do, nothing more nothing less. Can't imagine how annoying it would be to be an opposition supporter seeing this all the time, would be pretty dull and boring following anyone else. Surprised people don't just whinge and complain online abou.... oh wait

We just did what we do, nothing more nothing less. Can't imagine how annoying it would be to be an opposition supporter seeing this all the time, would be pretty dull and boring following anyone else. Surprised people don't just whinge and complain online abou.... oh wait

I think it's brilliant footy.

The only issue is you currently have nothing to show for it. I thought you would at least get to the grand final last year.
If you win week 1, you should be golden but who knows what Collingwood shows up in September.

The only issue is you currently have nothing to show for it. I thought you would at least get to the grand final last year.
If you win week 1, you should be golden but who knows what Collingwood shows up in September.

We have nothing to show for it because it's still the home and away season.. what we do have is a double chance locked away and a home final pretty much wrapped up barring a freak drop off. Prelim last year with a loss to the premiers by a kick and the other grand finalist on their deck, less than a year under a new regime. It's pretty good thus far

We finished 17th the year before and you were surprised we didn't make the grand final last year?

All I can add is that was a great showcase for football last evening, if all games were to that standard I'd watch all the time. Great game, as they say in the classics, pity there was a loser. I expect both teams to be there on Grand Final day. How about Elliott's kicking for goal, superb.

We finished 17th the year before and you were surprised we didn't make the grand final last year?

Absolutely.
You guys were brilliant last year. By the end of the season, Geelong and Collingwood looked the form teams of the competition and by the time finals rolled around, that first final was seen as anyone's game.
Had you won it, you go through to a grand final but unfortunately, you choked in the final 5 minutes and then backed it up in the preliminary final with a terrible first half against the Swans (who have subsequently gone on to do nothing at all).

Not implying the same thing happens again but you know the old saying . . . Colliwobbles.

And I don't pay too much attention to results that transpired the year before.
History has shown us time and time again teams in rebuild mode can challenge the following year so it's not an unusual occurrence at all.

Absolutely.
You guys were brilliant last year. By the end of the season, Geelong and Collingwood looked the form teams of the competition and by the time finals rolled around, that first final was seen as anyone's game.
Had you won it, you go through to a grand final but unfortunately, you choked in the final 5 minutes and then backed it up in the preliminary final with a terrible first half against the Swans (who have subsequently gone on to do nothing at all).

Not implying the same thing happens again but you know the old saying . . . Colliwobbles.
We benefitted from a favourable draw, luck with injury & a new coach and game plan, but we weren't half as good as we are this year
Our 'chokes' in the finals were more realistically courageous performances by a team that was one of the favourites for the wooden spoon at the start of the year
This year, we have a much tougher draw, we've battled multiple injuries to key personnel & are winning more decisively and are much better placed
If you had us pegged for the GF last year, you've probably got a couple grand on us to win it this season

How many weeks does Murphy get for staging? That’s a bad look for our game and staging like that shouldn’t be trained into “men”
I actually missed the game unfortunately. Sounds like a good game that was wrecked by pies players throwing themselves around like soccer players. Im not surprised.
This is a bad look for our game a little soft push to the tummy and Oliver dives like a soccer player so how many weeks should he get because Sam Kerr wouldn’t even flop for that soft touch. game over you ended yourself but but but he plays for Melbourne so it’s okay to dive.

Last edited:
Back