Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 19 - Port v Pies Sat July 22nd 7:40pm EST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a bad look for our game a little soft push to the tummy and Oliver dives like a soccer player so how many weeks should he get because Sam Kerr wouldn’t even flop for that soft touch. game over you ended yourself but but but he plays for Melbourne so it’s okay to dive.

Leave Sam out of it. She is an absolute jet and associating her name with a flop is pretty average.

Not implying the same thing happens again but you know the old saying . . . Colliwobbles.
I have a theory on this, it wouldn't surprise me if this has been well versed at the club and the current playing group, who wouldn't have been alive to see the colliwobbles would be conscious of defeating the so called wobbles, and would be actively working with the psyches at the club to do so.

It's been evident in their resilience since Fly took the reigns. There's so much belief both collectively and individually, reckon they've excorcised those demons from the club - at last.

We benefitted from a favourable draw, luck with injury & a new coach and game plan, but we weren't half as good as we are this year
Our 'chokes' in the finals were more realistically courageous performances by a team that was one of the favourites for the wooden spoon at the start of the year
This year, we have a much tougher draw, we've battled multiple injuries to key personnel & are winning more decisively and are much better placed
If you had us pegged for the GF last year, you've probably got a couple grand on us to win it this season
''This year, we have a much tougher draw'' Are you serious?

This is a bad look for our game a little soft push to the tummy and Oliver dives like a soccer player so how many weeks should he get because Sam Kerr wouldn’t even flop for that soft touch. game over you ended yourself but but but he plays for Melbourne so it’s okay to dive.

Thats reportable.

I have a theory on this, it wouldn't surprise me if this has been well versed at the club and the current playing group, who wouldn't have been alive to see the colliwobbles would be conscious of defeating the so called wobbles, and would be actively working with the psyches at the club to do so.

It's been evident in their resilience since Fly took the reigns. There's so much belief both collectively and individually, reckon they've excorcised those demons from the club - at last.

You will be judged in the finals, over a period of years. The colliwobbles is a fair and just descrition, add spin wont help.

You will be judged in the finals, over a period of years. The colliwobbles is a fair and just descrition, add spin wont help.
Yep you're right, but I reckon we've seen the end of it.

The club is operating optimally, I can't remember when it ever did before Fly and Wright. And I still remember the disappointment of 77, so yeah I've been around for a bit.

No more shooting ourselves in the foot with eye watering, head scratching trade deals or other unsociable club 'incidents'

We've given ourselves every chance to win it without the self inflicted * ups this time.

I've seen a few posts like this, what is it that Collingwood is supposed to have that they didn't show tonight? I'd argue Port really got * all from any of our three tall forwards this game, if we could get another game at this intensity but with the addition of those 3 actually having a reasonable impact that would tip it back in our favour. For you guys the only player I really would argue had a bad game and could lift to another level would be Cox (and I guess Daicos didn't quite have his usual output, but that was Drew doing a job on him).

100% we would need to bring our A game again should we meet again but in no way did I come away from that game thinking Collingwood are some unbeatable force with several gears to go up. But go on, fill me in on what I'm missing.
Dry conditions makes us far far better.

Which GF have we lost in the last 30-40 years that we were heavy favourites in and lost or actually choked in to warrant the Colliwobbles comment?

Reckon that’s just a really childish method to try and troll Collingwood supporters tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which GF have we lost in the last 30-40 years that we were heavy favourites in and lost or actually choked in to warrant the Colliwobbles comment?

Reckon that’s just a really childish method to try and troll Collingwood supporters tbh.
2018? Started heavy favourites and also kicked the first 5 goals. It’s true I’m not choking.

2018? Started heavy favourites and also kicked the first 5 goals. It’s true I’m not choking.

No idea why a side who fluked it into the 4 and got lucky with a weak PF opponent would have been favourites 🤷‍♂️

WC had been a top side all year and only lost a few in the middle when Kennedy or Darling were injured. Pretty sure they hadn’t lost a game both played for the entire season.

That would have been a steal if we’d won that GF.

No idea why a side who fluked it into the 4 and got lucky with a weak PF opponent would have been favourites 🤷‍♂️

WC had been a top side all year and only lost a few in the middle when Kennedy or Darling were injured. Pretty sure they hadn’t lost a game both played for the entire season.

That would have been a steal if we’d won that GF.
1D93EAD2-821C-4C22-BA17-FF196F871DD3.jpeg
Would you say $1.67 made the pies favourites? That’s pregame, after you jumped 30 points up the odds probably dropped to about $1.15.

Solid favourites? What do you reckon Sportsbet were paying on the pies after you kicked your 5th goal?
Don’t backtrack now just because you know it wasn’t a choke/Colliwobbles. Being 28 points up with 3 and a half quarters to play means SFA. 28 points up in the last quarter and losing is a choke, being 28 points up with 3 quarters to play isnt.

Don’t backtrack now just because you know it wasn’t a choke/Colliwobbles. Being 28 points up with 3 and a half quarters to play means SFA. 28 points up in the last quarter and losing is a choke, being 28 points up with 3 quarters to play isnt.
You started the game $1.67 favourites. To give some context in 2021 Melbourne were $1.61 favourites before smashing the dogs and last year the cats were $1.57 before smashing the swans.

In fact only 2 teams in the last decade have been shorter odds to win a grand final and lose than the pies were in 2018(Sydney 2016, 2014).

Like I said, hot favourites.

You started the game $1.67 favourites. To give some context in 2021 Melbourne were $1.61 favourites before smashing the dogs and last year the cats were $1.57 before smashing the swans.

In fact only 2 teams in the last decade have been shorter odds to win a grand final and lose than the pies were in 2018(Sydney 2016, 2014).

Like I said, hot favourites.
Somehow thinking and trying to link sports betting odds to Collingwood choking in Grand Finals/Colliwobbles and using odds as an argument is above you dean33 - mind you $1.67 is hardly strong favourites. We know you don’t like Collingwood, but you can do better.

Somehow thinking and trying to link sports betting odds to Collingwood choking in Grand Finals/Colliwobbles and using odds as an argument is above you dean33 - mind you $1.67 is hardly strong favourites. We know you don’t like Collingwood, but you can do better.
I hate them with all my being but I can see they are head and shoulders above any team this season.
Let’s hope for all your sakes they don’t choke again like they have repeatedly done in the past.

Back