Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 22 - Blues v Demons Sat Aug 12th 7:25pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 40.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and Carlton got stripped of a goal. šŸ¤£ itā€™s easy sitting on your high horses after youā€™ve been gifted a game of football. You think this is embarrassing, itā€™d be a whole lot worse if it happened to Carlton.
Melbourne's s**t midfield gifted us the 4 points, Imagine how far if we had a full list to select from.

Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and Carlton got stripped of a goal. šŸ¤£ itā€™s easy sitting on your high horses after youā€™ve been gifted a game of football. You think this is embarrassing, itā€™d be a whole lot worse if it happened to Carlton.

Stripped of what goal & gifted a game. :laughv1:

Oh wow the salt continues!

CFC.jpg

Talk about embarrassing :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

F3ZjRa7boAAHrkS

This is hilarious :laughv1: :laughv1: :laughv1:

ezgif-2-28e7d46c9f-gif.1772439

Last edited:
Melbourne's s**t midfield gifted us the 4 points, Imagine how far if we had a full list to select from.
You would probably be playing shitter if Kennedy, Silvagni, McKay and McGovern were playing. That group of players love their Benny Hill moments. We would offer them all a 5 year contract.

You would probably be playing shitter if Kennedy, Silvagni, McKay and McGovern were playing. That group of players love their Benny Hill moments. We would offer them all a 5 year contract.
Every one of those players would be walk up starts in your current team.

Just wish we had a Rory Lobb type player to help us i supposeā€¦ā€¦.. šŸ¤ŖšŸ«£

Speaking of Benny Hill moments, has anyone edited your last minute on Sunday with that music on top?

lol. Melbourne are better.

Salem idiot when he had the ball at 50 in space.

Carlton's luck will run out.

Thank you for giving us 2nd spot Carlton
How lucky would Carlton be if they get to play an opposition with 7 of their best 15 players out every week

Melbourne unlucky, looked a goal but was always going ti be hard to overturn.

In the end Melbourne have one eye on the finals so while they wanted to win it won't mean much in a month.
Yeah, teams tend to look at games a month ahead when they lay 88 tackles.

I do love how every team that comes up against Carlton, just doesn't really want to win. I guess lucky Carlton, hey?

no prior, handballing motion. it's play on. A players reaction doesn't come into the equation.
The motion doesn't matter, last time I checked you have to get a first to the ball, and unfortunately that is impossible with one hand. It's been a throw since footy began not just on Sat night.

Yeah, teams tend to look at games a month ahead when they lay 88 tackles.

I do love how every team that comes up against Carlton, just doesn't really want to win. I guess lucky Carlton, hey?

If you don't think the top 4 teams have had one eye on the finals for the last few weeks you are kidding yourself. Didn't say it was the difference just that the result in the big scheme of things won't mean much to Melbourne as long as they can secure the double chance.

If you don't think the top 4 teams have had one eye on the finals for the last few weeks you are kidding yourself. Didn't say it was the difference just that the result in the big scheme of things won't mean much to Melbourne as long as they can secure the double chance.
There is a huge difference between top 2 and top 4. Locking in that home final is probably the difference between making the grand final or just a prelim.

I think the other issue is the goal umpire assuming it was touched, but wasn't sure, so we get a video check. If he wasn't sure, if he didn't definitevely see or hear the ball touched, he should have called a goal. Aside from 100% definitive touches, umps should call it not touched and the burden is to prove it was touched, not that it wasn't.
That's my view too. The umpire has sent it to be reviewed because he doesn't know. Like with every marking contest or kick in general play- not touched should get the benefit of the doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's my view too. The umpire has sent it to be reviewed because he doesn't know. Like with every marking contest or kick in general play- not touched should get the benefit of the doubt.
He didn't ask to check it was touched, he asked to check it was before the line.

Back