Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 22 - Eagles v Dockers Sat Aug 12th 8:10pm EST/6:10pm WST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Dockers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Dockers by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Dockers by a lot

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

shooter GIF

Schultz just about ran out of footy cliches between the post match interview and that speech.

Get ready everyone, the RAC trophy is coming out!!

What's the record for the most 100 point losses in a season? WC must be getting close no?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the record for the most 100 point losses in a season? WC must be getting close no?
I dont know...

Dockers in 2017 was bad... Yeah I enjoyed those 8 wins.

But some of those 14 losses... an 89 point loss to Port. losing to the crows by 100 points 143-43 was bad.

then those back to back 104 point losses to swans and tigers.

Well, despite the worst season from a club in AFL history, WCE had the most members of any club last year, and have gone over 100k again this year, as of the 25th of July.

I'd say that's pretty good for 'fair weather' supporters.

View attachment 1772267
100k members and only 20k at the game at 3QT screams fair weather to me.

100k members and only 20k at the game at 3QT screams fair weather to me.
51k turned up. I think thats reasonable.

Watching the team get belted by 100 point every week gets tiring, I guess.

You can twist it however you want to fit your narrative, however 'fair weather' refers to supporters who only turn up when the team is going good, and stay away when they aren't.

Our fans are still turning up/buying memberships.

51k turned up. I think thats reasonable.

Watching the team get belted by 100 point every week gets tiring, I guess.

You can twist it however you want to fit your narrative, however 'fair weather' refers to supporters who only turn up when the team is going good, and stay away when they aren't.

Our fans are still turning up/buying memberships.
I agree the fans have been supportive. Too supportive, actually. I'd be on boycott until they sacked Simpson, think it'll happen this week, though.

I agree the fans have been supportive. Too supportive, actually. I'd be on boycott until they sacked Simpson, think it'll happen this week, though.
Doubtful.

Club has never historically succumbed to outside noise, hence Cornes being continually pissed they haven't sacked anyone and labelling the club as 'Arrogant'.

Reckon they'll expect some kind of presentation to the board during the off season on the plan moving forward and give him until the bye, with a fit list, to hit whatever KPIs they determine.

This is the same club that wanted to extend a clearly cooked Woosha, who had to step away himself. They're usually too conservative the other way.

Doubtful.

Club has never historically succumbed to outside noise, hence Cornes being continually pissed they haven't sacked anyone and labelling the club as 'Arrogant'.

Reckon they'll expect some kind of presentation to the board during the off season on the plan moving forward and give him until the bye, with a fit list, to hit whatever KPIs they determine.

This is the same club that wanted to extend a clearly cooked Woosha, who had to step away himself. They're usually too conservative the other way.
Don't know if the club has ever been this bad, historically.

Second 100+ point loss to a bottom 4 team, without the injuries to hide behind this time. Nothing to gain by sacking him halfway through next year.

Don't know if the club has ever been this bad, historically.

Second 100+ point loss to a bottom 4 team, without the injuries to hide behind this time. Nothing to gain by sacking him halfway through next year.

Err, there's plenty of injuries to 'hide' behind.

Then there's the fact that the flu went through the team this week.

Compound with this with WCE not having an inside mid in the starting 22(other than Yeo's who's playing defence) and this outcome was completely predictable.

Err, there's plenty of injuries to 'hide' behind.

Then there's the fact that the flu went through the team this week.

Compound with this with WCE not having an inside mid in the starting 22(other than Yeo's who's playing defence) and this outcome was completely predictable.
You and stallon are actually the funniest thing on bigfooty.

"The eagles are improving, they just had the flu".

Back