Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 24 - Blues v GWS Sun Aug 27th 6:10pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 34 53.1%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton-vs-GWS.png

5th v 8th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 24
CARLTON V GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
FRIDAY AUGUST 25TH 6:10PM EST (MARVEL)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets
BLUES

B: N. Newman, J. Weitering, B. Kemp
HB: B. Acres, M. McGovern, A. Saad
C: S. Walsh, P. Cripps - C, M. Cottrell
HF: J. Martin, H. McKay, G. Hewett
F: J. Motlop, C. Curnow, M. Owies
FOLL: T. De Koning, A. Cerra, P. Dow

I/C (FROM): Z. Fisher, O. Hollands, D. Cuningham, L. Fogarty, A. Cincotta, C. Marchbank, M. Pittonet, C. Durdin

IN: M. McGovern, S. Walsh, A. Cerra, L. Fogarty, C. Durdin
OUT: S. Docherty (Injured), E. Curnow (Sub)

GIANTS

B: J. Buckley, S. Taylor, C. Idun
HB: L. Ash, H. Himmelberg, L. Whitfield
C: J. Kelly, T. Green, I. Cumming
HF: T. Bedford, J. Riccardi, B. Daniels
F: D. Lloyd, J. Hogan, T. Greene - C
FOLL: K. Briggs, C. Ward, S. Coniglio

I/C (FROM): R. Angwin, H. Perryman, L. Keeffe, C. Brown, T. McMullin, N. Haynes, J. Fahey, M. Flynn

IN: R. Angwin, N. Haynes, M. Flynn
OUT: None

Final Teams released (Melb Time):
Sunday Match - Friday 5:00pm
Monday Match - Saturday 5:00pm
(NB: Sunday and Monday match Extended Squads are released Thursday 6:20)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Member Thank You Round

Round 24 marks Member Thank You Round for Carlton. Blues fans are encouraged to get down early to Gate 7 for face painting, games, and meet and greets with non playing players. To celebrate and showcase appreciation for the over 94,000 members, a Club record, 100 lucky members will do a lap of honour around Marvel Stadium with loads of prizes and giveaways to win during the breaks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Giants will come out firing you would hope.
Can the Blue change ladder position?

Depending on results Giants could finish as high as 6th and as low as 9th, 10th if we lose by 100 plus and the Bombers win by 100+.

Giants to win by 2 goals.
Should be a good game.
We can drop as low as 7th I believe. We can also stay 5th even with a loss.
Saints need to beat Lions at the Gabba and/or Swans beat the Dees. But Swans also need to make up around 5%.
If we lose to you guys by say 20 points, I think they would need to win by around 60 to jump us. And then obviously the more we lose by, the less they'd have to win by.

Given our bruising contests over the past few weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if we rest some of our sore players.
Cripps was banged up. Doc seemed ok this week, but came off the week before.
Especially if we have a few due back. I could potentially see the following:
Cripps for Cerra
Hollands for Walsh
Doc for Kennedy
Pittonet for Silvagni (who was possibly re-injured in the VFL game)
Cuningham for Fogarty

Depends on availability and how much we want to flirt with form.
And that's in no way being disrespectful to GWS, but purely looking forward to the 1st final.

Team selection will be very interesting. We've been really conservative towards the end of the season so I'm keen to see whether that continues this weekend.

As the final game of the season we'll know exactly where we sit with regards to potential landing spots for the first week of finals.

I'd be very comfortable resting a good handful of players in this one.

Team selection will be very interesting. We've been really conservative towards the end of the season so I'm keen to see whether that continues this weekend.

As the final game of the season we'll know exactly where we sit with regards to potential landing spots for the first week of finals.

Reckon we may see one of the strongest lists of emergencies, with maybe 4 late outs if the other results fall our way and it's a dead rubber.

Reckon we may see one of the strongest lists of emergencies, with maybe 4 late outs if the other results fall our way and it's a dead rubber.

I hope so. Some won't be happy about it but it would be the smart thing to do IMO.

We've qualified for finals; now we have to do what we feel gives us the best chance of going all the way.

Risking a few of our most important players to injury (vs a side we may very well face again a fortnight later) is not that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It already looks like you get to choose between the Bulldogs in week 1 or GWS (again).
Can't see my mob beating the Dogs with the outs we will name on Thursday evening.

Giants may just have the desire to outlast you guys knowing the Blues have nothing really to fight for this time around. Some tactical decisions to be made by Voss.

Week 1 - Carlton v GWS at the MCG will be epic. Toby Greene v Charlie Curnow.

Probably a dead rubber

Cerra Walsh Kennedy Silvagni Boyd Fogarty McGovern all likely available. McKay needs games

Cripps Newman Pittonet Saad Docherty all sore and have barely trained over recent weeks. Be interesting to see if we rest players and give others a go.

Selection becoming harder

Probably a dead rubber

Cerra Walsh Kennedy Silvagni Boyd Fogarty McGovern all likely available. McKay needs games

Cripps Newman Pittonet Saad Docherty all sore and have barely trained over recent weeks. Be interesting to see if we rest players and give others a go.

Selection becoming harder
silvagni okay soap?

In two minds...

1) rest everyone for finals, probably a dead rubber

2) win 14 games in a row.. release a winning streak box set like st kilda.. but ours actually mean something :trophy:

Back