Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 21 - Saints v Blues Sun August 6th 3:20pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Closest Carlton will get to finals this year, hope they enjoy the occasion.
I'll say this though: it'll be closer than the team who only managed a goal in the 2nd half vs a Carlton side with 7 of their best 22 out, including Walsh and Cerra.

It could've been a small percentage booster had we kicked straight too.

Don't lie.
You had a shocker in the days leading up to this game and now you're just doubling down.
Barely anything in the profiles of the named teams. Ours will be skewed by having nearly 34yo 219 gamer Ed Curnow as the sub, who played less than 12 minutes.

Not that these stats matter without context.
Pies and Cats fielding similarly aged sides and WC and Port similar age.
View attachment 1766771

What happens when you add Carlton's 8 outs, 6 of which are under 25y11m?

What happens when you any number of the plodders Saint Kilda will use as an excuse today? Ross, Jones, Membrey, McKenzie, Howard, Billings all older than 25y1m (and no good mind you).

Two sides on different trajectories.

What happens when you add Carlton's 8 outs, 6 of which are under 25y11m?

What happens when you any number of the plodders Saint Kilda will use as an excuse today? Ross, Jones, Membrey, McKenzie, Howard, Billings all older than 25y1m (and no good mind you).

Two sides on different trajectories.
Saints in no man’s land. Watch ross strip the side back and go backwards in 2024.

Dow
3 Rated Carlton Player
1 Goal
22 Disposals
10 Contested, 2 Intercepts
5 Ground Ball Gets
7 Clearances
4 Score Involvements
1 Goal Assist
4 Tackles
19 Pressure Acts
5 Inside 50s
397 Metres Gained
He was solid. Still very fumbly. Hopefully he cleans that up if he continues to get a crack.
Unfortunately for him, he still makes way when Walsh, Cerra and Kennedy are available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton supporters say they don't have a rivalry with St Kilda but they sure celebrate hard when they beat us.

I guess us flogging them for the last couple of decades makes any rare win for them against us pretty sweet.

It used to be the other way around.

I remember when we used to celebrate rare wins against Carlton.

We are too good might just stop the comp and just give us the cup now. No other team will come close to us we are that far ahead of the rest of every single team it’s not funny. Yes I ripped up my membership 4 weeks ago, yes I hurled abuse at our players and told voss to F off but I was wrong. I have reordered a new membership card ( sticky tape wasn’t working), P Dow is my new favourite player and I’m about to write an email to club recommending they lock Voss away for another 8 years before port try and take him back! I think this is the team that can start a new era of dominance!

Carlton supporters say they don't have a rivalry with St Kilda but they sure celebrate hard when they beat us.

I guess us flogging them for the last couple of decades makes any rare win for them against us pretty sweet.

Today felt awesome - thanks for thinking of us - good luck next year :)

Good hard fought win against a team that we never seem to beat of late and the Saints have had our measure for a while now.

Will be nice to have a few come back and the losses of Walsh and Harry with Kennedy is massive but others are sort of stepping up. Not sold on Dow at all yet and he is not playing if Walsh and Kennedy are fit. Charlie was good with half of the Saints backline on him all game and he did the things needed to help others when the Saints were all over him.

Nice win but still not real confident with the Dees up next.

Rivalry? Completely insignificant in my eyes, but do enjoy beating a side where your supporters think they are in form, falling in against North, WC and 1 qtr against the Hawks, 3 wins in your last 8 games

Completely insignificant

If we played each other two times a year from next year and you won every SINGLE game. 100 in a row.

IT WOULD TAKE YOU 50 YEARS TO GET TO AN EVEN NUMBER OF WINS AND LOSSES!!!

We found ourselves sitting behind some minor celebrities today. Three young guys from Adelaide who cheerfully indulged an endless stream of selfie & autograph requests. Youtoobers I expect. 80k followers I heard. No idea who they are. Are they here on BF?

In breaking news: supporters celebrate wins.

If you don't celebrate wins, what's the actual point of watching? Might as well go to the library (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Back