Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 22 - Blues v Demons Sat Aug 12th 7:25pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 40.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and Carlton got stripped of a goal. 🤣 it’s easy sitting on your high horses after you’ve been gifted a game of football. You think this is embarrassing, it’d be a whole lot worse if it happened to Carlton.

Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and Carlton got stripped of a goal. 🤣 it’s easy sitting on your high horses after you’ve been gifted a game of football. You think this is embarrassing, it’d be a whole lot worse if it happened to Carlton.

Given where we are what we are doing I would have been okay with it and I reckon so would most Blues supporters.
We are loving what our club is doing and it’s undermanned. It’s enjoyable to watch and fingers crossed most will be back for finals

Importantly please don’t assume because you’re having a tantrum that others would in the same situation. TBH your comments are embarrassing

Given where we are what we are doing I would have been okay with it and I reckon so would most Blues supporters.
We are loving what our club is doing and it’s undermanned. It’s enjoyable to watch and fingers crossed most will be back for finals

Importantly please don’t assume because you’re having a tantrum that others would in the same situation. TBH your comments are embarrassing
Pretty easy to say that after you’ve been gifted a game. Enjoy your win*.

Pretty easy to say that after you’ve been gifted a game. Enjoy your win*.

We are. Your tears are enhancing it though.

Time for a lie down Fitzey. 5:30pm on a school night, must be close to bed time.

We are. Your tears are enhancing it though.

Time for a lie down Fitzey. 5:30pm on a school night, must be close to bed time.
Classy comment for a moderator, I would of thought that you would have had something a little more intelligent to say as a mod. How wrong was I

Classy comment for a moderator, I would of thought that you would have had something a little more intelligent to say as a mod. How wrong was I

Complaining John Oliver GIF

Cry more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just can't understand how a goal umpire can soft call a goal touched when he has no idea if it was touched
No, his initial impression (based on what he saw) was that it was touched, but he wasn't entirely certain (so review).

It's like when the use a third umpire in cricket for a catch. The umpire will give a 'soft signal' or out/ not out based on what they saw, and unless the video comprehensively shows the umpires call to be wrong, the soft signal stands.

FWIW if the soft signal was 'goal' by the goal umpire (instead of touched), there was also insufficient evidence to overturn it and it would have remained a goal.

I think we got lucky, in that the review was inconclusive, and the umpire thought he saw Marchy (or maybe someone else) touch the ball.

How quickly we forget the last 2-3 rounds on 2022.
Especially the Cripps suspension.

People not realising it accidentally hit his right wrist, not his outstretched left hand. All the reports have referred to his right hand, not left. You can see the freeze frame on all angles which shows it makes contact with the wrist.

Carlton were the better team for 90% of the game, so it's not like it's robbery on their part. The trip was absolutely a free kick, but who knows if that changes the result as Melbourne had about 10 entries where it just got rebounded out again. This might have been the 11th.

Melbourne lost, but they're still in the handful of flag favourites, so it's not the end of the world. Really think we need to change the main board title to 'Big Umpiring', instead of footy - because that's all that gets discussed these days.

People not realising it accidentally hit his right wrist, not his outstretched left hand. All the reports have referred to his right hand, not left. You can see the freeze frame on all angles which shows it makes contact with the wrist.

Carlton were the better team for 90% of the game, so it's not like it's robbery on their part. The trip was absolutely a free kick, but who knows if that changes the result as Melbourne had about 10 entries where it just got rebounded out again. This might have been the 11th.

Melbourne lost, but they're still in the handful of flag favourites, so it's not the end of the world. Really think we need to change the main board title to 'Big Umpiring', instead of footy - because that's all that gets discussed these days.
Humans invariably need a crutch.

Back