Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 22 - Blues v Demons Sat Aug 12th 7:25pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 40.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was the worst game that I have seen Melbourne play for a while.
On the strength of that performance, I have marked three Melbourne players as never worthy of a position in the team.

Yeh the wet and slippery conditions had nothing to do with it. Bloody Hell :rolleyes:

Must be why Carlton have the highest rated Offence AND Defence over the past 8 rounds
Wet and slippery 🤣 the MCG is one of the best surfaces in the country, drains well if you didn’t realise. Carlton played really well, dees played really poor.

I'm more concerned that it was even close and how we played than the result to be honest. All the umpiring stuff is just a frustration. Even your own coach said in his presser that 'a couple of decisions went our way late'. He at least acknowledged it. I'm assuming he means the Van Rooyen leg sweep and the goal review.

I think Carlton played well. I thought we played poorly. I don't think you'll find a single dees fan that thought we played well. We missed easy shots on goal, our forward line didn't fire a shot with the inclusion of Grundy and the exclusion of Petty and the midfield was down all night until brief moments in the 2nd half.
It was the pressure

I can forgive a heat of the moment cry, but to sleep on it and still be acting like this is something else

Mini Golf Toddler GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe all this talk on whether Marchbank touched it or not, he would have mark it had Van Rooyen not grabbed his arm and pull it down. Umpires make mistakes all the time but to totally ignore the marking infringement would be naive, he would have clearly touched the ball with no infringement.
Nothing to see here play on.

Anyway. We won and that's 8 in a Row

What I am excited about is the way we are playing. Everyone contributing and pressure is enormous. It's a different club now

Get some class players back and with the break before finals we are a real chance. Pies Demons Port deserve to be ahead of us with favourtism but we are a chance.

Been nearly 25 years since I could say that

Go Blues

Anyway. We won and that's 8 in a Row

What I am excited about is the way we are playing. Everyone contributing and pressure is enormous. It's a different club now

Get some class players back and with the break before finals we are a real chance. Pies Demons Port deserve to be ahead of us with favourtism but we are a chance.

Been nearly 25 years since I could say that

Go Blues
I'd forgotten what it felt like to actually enjoy watching football.

not in my mind. we won. afl umps gifted you guys the win for the love of blues narrative.

Yeah but your mind or thoughts count for sweet * all. You are obviously very concerned with the umpiring but not once acknowledged Petracca's blatant throw that led directly to a goal, funny that.

By all means keep the whinging posts coming, it's just making it all the more sweeter.

not in my mind. we won. afl umps gifted you guys the win for the love of blues narrative.

This is the best post I’ve seen on this website in months. Bravo Danny boy bravo

it goes both ways. Nothing worse than a winner who doesn't concede the massive leg up from the umpires. The Petracca one was a throw but what about the Cripps goal due to the Oliver 'throw'. incorrect ruling. Or the Van Rooyen sweeping of the legs or the blatant holding the balls against cripps or Hewett x 5. Thats before even mentioning the goal review.
Baby. Absolute sooky baby

Back