Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 22 - Blues v Demons Sat Aug 12th 7:25pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 40.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It doesn't work like that. you bring those players in and you'll lose the players that are playing well like Dow. Walsh's form has been well down this year, McKay has permanent yips in front of the big sticks, Cerra is good but bringing him in takes Dow out, Kennedy is fringe and basically injured every year anyway and McGovern and Silvagni are just 'meh' afl players.

I agreed that you guys should've made more of your dominance early. Melbourne's midfield barely fired a shot until the last quarter. But the constant holding the balls that weren't called is very energy sapping.

You lost

I dont think Melbourne are playing very well. We played about 1 quarter of decent footy and still basically won if not for incompetent field and goal umpires. The Petty out kills us.

“Still basically won”

You’re a gem Danny. A deluded, foolish gem.

You lost. Not basically. Actually. I’d say get over it but your tears are delicious.

Handballing motion with 1 arm?
there's got to be prior. he had the ball in his left and was bringing his other hand to handball. No prior, genuine attempt, play on. No goal.

conversely, neal-Bullen tackles Cripps, he spins 720, then just drops the ball blatantly. Nothing to see here fellas. happened about 10 more times last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there's got to be prior. he had the ball in his left and was bringing his other hand to handball. No prior, genuine attempt, play on. No goal.

conversely, neal-Bullen tackles Cripps, he spins 720, then just drops the ball blatantly. Nothing to see here fellas. happened about 10 more times last night.
Cry Baby Crying GIF by Peppa Pig

Worst bad loser I have seen. WOW

“Still basically won”

You’re a gem Danny. A deluded, foolish gem.

You lost. Not basically. Actually. I’d say get over it but your tears are delicious.
I'm more concerned that it was even close and how we played than the result to be honest. All the umpiring stuff is just a frustration. Even your own coach said in his presser that 'a couple of decisions went our way late'. He at least acknowledged it. I'm assuming he means the Van Rooyen leg sweep and the goal review.

I think Carlton played well. I thought we played poorly. I don't think you'll find a single dees fan that thought we played well. We missed easy shots on goal, our forward line didn't fire a shot with the inclusion of Grundy and the exclusion of Petty and the midfield was down all night until brief moments in the 2nd half.

I'm more concerned that it was even close and how we played than the result to be honest. All the umpiring stuff is just a frustration. Even your own coach said in his presser that 'a couple of decisions went our way late'. He at least acknowledged it. I'm assuming he means the Van Rooyen leg sweep and the goal review.

I think Carlton played well. I thought we played poorly. I don't think you'll find a single dees fan that thought we played well. We missed easy shots on goal, our forward line didn't fire a shot with the inclusion of Grundy and the exclusion of Petty and the midfield was down all night until brief moments in the 2nd half.
Voss said "moments wins you those games and we had a couple of moments go our way really late." You lose all credibility when you flat out lie you know?

Imagine playing well and only scoring 60 points for the game, what a sad boring football club. Dees were well and truly brought down a couple levels in class last night.

Yeh the wet and slippery conditions had nothing to do with it. Bloody Hell :rolleyes:

Must be why Carlton have the highest rated Offence AND Defence over the past 8 rounds

Back