Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 22 - Blues v Demons Sat Aug 12th 7:25pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 40.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine if the roles were reversed
I have never sooked about umpires on big footy. I believe in giving opposition teams credit for victories and being humble in defeat. I'd be focusing more on deficiencies in our game.

Anyone who blames umpires for a loss are not real AFL fans. It's the most basic form of analysis. And it's pathetic. Absolutely pathetic

I have never sooked about umpires on big footy. I believe in giving opposition teams credit for victories and being humble in defeat. I'd be focusing more on deficiencies in our game.

Anyone who blames umpires for a loss are not real AFL fans. It's the most basic form of analysis. And it's pathetic. Absolutely pathetic
I wasn't referring to you. And I agree that blaming umpires for a loss is pathetic. That's why Richmond supporters really give me the shits.

My point was that the Carlton supporters on this site would be just as triggered as our supporters if they were in our position.

Last edited:
I wasn't referring to you. And I agree that blaming umpires for a loss is pathetic. That's why Richmond supporters really give the shits.

My point was that the Carlton supporters on this site would be just as triggered as our supporters if they were in our position.
And I've had a go at Carlton fans for sooking about umpires. It's such lame excuse for a loss. I think there would be such a low percentage of games decided by umpires. 120 minutes with so many variables.

Melbourne are such a great defensive side and man they were bloody tough last night. Easily could have won but we won that in the first 5 minutes of the last. To get 3 quick goals in a game where goals were hard to come by gave us energy and breathing space after Melbourne dominated the last 15 minutes of the third.

* you’ll carry on, no wonder the afl wants a roof on the Tasmanian stadium. So little snowflakes like you don’t get a cold going to watch the football, a winter sport. 😢😢

cry baby GIF

Yep, because umpires are perfect and bad decisions are never a reason for a team to win or lose in a close game.
Anyone who thinks otherwise is pathetic, it’s the most basic form of denial.

(note I didn’t say deliberately bad umpiring, that’s reserved for special occasions of which I am as guilty as anyone #vicbi#VICBIAS

Yep, because umpires are perfect and bad decisions are never a reason for a team to win or lose in a close game.
Anyone who thinks otherwise is pathetic, it’s the most basic form of denial.

(note I didn’t say deliberately bad umpiring, that’s reserved for special occasions of which I am as guilty as anyone #vicbi#VICBIAS
What loses teams games are player errors throughout 120 minutes. Umpires impact on parts of the game but it is a miniscule amount in the context of the whole game. I'm deep in the 4th watching the replay and there have been dozens of questionable decisions both ways that have led to goals or prevented scoring opportunities. How anyone can isolate one moment and say that caused a win or lose is beyond me. It's just dumb simplistic commentary. No serious football analyst focuses on umpires. It's Sam Newman toilet like stuff. Bottom of the barrel

keep telling yourself that bud. Maybe it was a level up for having his legs taken from underneath him moments earlier.

That was a miss and should have been a free 100%.

But that was a free to Marchbank and missed.

Viney flopped for two frees. Was embarrassing.

Curnow got belted the whole game got nothing.

Petracca throw for a goal.

Gawn kicking it away after Martin's free no 50.

You had the rub of the green. Simple.

End of the day take your L to our team missing 6 best 22 players.

Our VFL midfield beat you.

I wasn't referring to you. And I agree that blaming umpires for a loss is pathetic. That's why Richmond supporters really give me the shits.

Nope

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danster168, I rarely post anymore but really enjoying ready yours.

They’re hilarious.

You’ve drawn me out of hibernation.

Keep them coming.

As a carlton supporter, actually thought it was our worst performance in 8 weeks. But thought you guys were still very, very good.

And yes - playing Harry McKay would’nt have helped the Blues. And yes, Walsh’s form since the resurgence has been poor. And yes, it’s always the Umpires fault when your team loses 😂

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Danster168, I rarely post anymore but really enjoying ready yours.

They’re hilarious.

You’ve drawn me out of hibernation.

Keep them coming.

As a carlton supporter, actually thought it was our worst performance in 8 weeks. But thought you guys were still very, very good.

And yes - playing Harry McKay would’ve have helped the Blues And yes, Walsh’s form since the resurgence has been poor And yes, it’s always the Umpires fault when your team loses

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What old mate can't seem to grasp is the fact his team was just beaten.

Waiting for the soft outside ball and not cracking in. "Leaders" playing for free kicks.

Last time someone went hard at Melbourne FC was at Entrecote.

What old mate can't seem to grasp is the fact his team was just beaten.

Waiting for the soft outside ball and not cracking in. "Leaders" playing for free kicks.

This is coming from a Carlton supporter, who hasn’t seen their team go well in what 20 years? You’ll be knocked out first week of finals anyway, then the bunch of losers can go hard on a nice early mad Monday. Just remember which team you support before chirping off about leaders playing for free kicks aswell. Charlie Curnow is the biggest stager to play the game.

This is coming from a Carlton supporter, who hasn’t seen their team go well in what 20 years? You’ll be knocked out first week of finals anyway, then the bunch of losers can go hard on a nice early mad Monday. Just remember which team you support before chirping off about leaders playing for free kicks aswell. Charlie Curnow is the biggest stager to play the game.

Mate look at Gawn and Viney highlights if you want to see staging.

Coming from a Melbourne supporter that will probably never see their team win a flag at the MCG?

Very cute.

Enjoy the L.

I swear Melbourne are strangely living rent free in Carlton's heads. I'm happy to acknowledge that your side is playing well atm and deserved the win yesterday but your supporters are making a fool out of yourselves saying that our flag was fake and that we're 'soft.'

Carlton are very chirpy for a side that has only been relevant for 8 weeks.

Last edited:
I swear Melbourne are strangely living rent free in Carlton's Heads. I'm happy to acknowledge that your side is playing well atm and deserved the win yesterday but your supporters are making a fool out of yourselves saying that our flag was fake and that we're 'soft.'

Carlton are very chirpy for a side that has only been relevant for 8 weeks.

Again.

You had the rub of the green.

Non stop crying over a touched or not touched goal. When the player was infringed on anyway and should have been a free to Carlton.

We played better. But nope all tears.

Again.

You had the rub of the green.

Non stop crying over a touched or not touched goal. When the player was infringed on anyway and should have been a free to Carlton.

We played better. But nope all tears.
Mate I never even said you guys didn't play better. You didn't read my post.

Mate look at Gawn and Viney highlights if you want to see staging.

Coming from a Melbourne supporter that will probably never see their team win a flag at the MCG?

Very cute.

Enjoy the L.
Unless something tragic happens I’ve only got another month and a half to wait to see one at the G, you just focus on playing one game in September every 10 years.

keep telling yourself that bud. Maybe it was a level up for having his legs taken from underneath him moments earlier.

Just because he’s frothed over by you chooks doesn’t mean everyone knows who she is.

Unless something tragic happens I’ve only got another month and a half to wait to see one at the G, you just focus on playing one game in September every 10 years.

Temper Tantrum GIF

Screaming The Help GIF

tantrum GIF

Back