Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 21 - Cats v Port Sat August 5th 7:25pm EST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be more worried about Port's kicking in front of goal. Second game along with The Collingwood game where Port probably should have won but wasted opportunities inside 50. Efficiency was 9 percentage lower than Geelong's inside 50, but won the inside 50 count.
Has been the case with us for a number of years now. Extremely frustrating.

Having said that, Geelong had more scoring shots

I watch games with the sound down these days so I didn't know whether there was any previous explanation of precisely WHY a senior coach was being interviewed during the game, like it was a celebrity T20 game or something.

All I know is it didn't look great to me, considering Hinkley's (and the commentator who was interviewing him) ties to Geelong, the narrow loss and now four on the trot.

I think he cops an insane amount of hatred from the Port supporters, many of whom are going to have to do some pretty impressive mental gymnastics if he actually wins a flag and instantly becomes Port's greatest ever AFL coach, but that looked amateurish and will no doubt be seized on, along with the laughs with Dangerfield on the ground after the game.
Carr was upstairs coaching… Kenny was watching then had a chat with Lingy… no big deal.

U
You’re honestly arguing that this is not a free kick?

That having your eyes on the ball in flight, then turning and running into the player who is leading into the mark, is not a free kick?

Youve just written the perfect defenders playbook. Want to spoil a leading forward, then just pretend your going for the mark and run into the leading forward…..

Luckily for Stewart that Lord is still finding his feet at AFL level and did not put his knee into Stewart‘s chest (or worse).

View attachment 1766032
Unless your Cameron

Hinkley making himself available to give interviews mid-game is almost impressive in its insouciance. It's like he's daring someone to point out that the Emperor has no clothes.
Was that while the game was playing? I Started watching during the interview and assumed it was recorded in the break. If so, that's bloody weird and I'd be pissed off if I was a Port supporter.

Kane Cornes reckons Geelong should have won by ten goals if they were good.
We just need wins at this stage, two of the last three (especially if we only lose to Collingwood) will probably do it. Don't really need to impress the judges with style points. If we sneak into the eight, a few clubs will be looking over their shoulders.

I watch games with the sound down these days so I didn't know whether there was any previous explanation of precisely WHY a senior coach was being interviewed during the game, like it was a celebrity T20 game or something.

All I know is it didn't look great to me, considering Hinkley's (and the commentator who was interviewing him) ties to Geelong, the narrow loss and now four on the trot.

I think he cops an insane amount of hatred from the Port supporters, many of whom are going to have to do some pretty impressive mental gymnastics if he actually wins a flag and instantly becomes Port's greatest ever AFL coach, but that looked amateurish and will no doubt be seized on, along with the laughs with Dangerfield on the ground after the game.
He's never winning a flag mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Port had kicked straight some of them would not be complaining about the umpiring.

It literally happens to most teams playing at AO during the season, deal with it.
Maybe playing Adelaide.
Not us, we’re copping a reaming umpiring wise this year.

it’s for reference, why do you need to be so pedantic.
Watch it live. It’s more damning, clearer 50 you won’t see.
Sheesh- time to stop your sobbing. You didn’t lose because of the umpiring, you lost because an old champ on one leg played a great last quarter despite the efforts of your amazing young mids. You were outplayed in the last quarter- simple.

You’re honestly arguing that this is not a free kick?

That having your eyes on the ball in flight, then turning and running into the player who is leading into the mark, is not a free kick?

Youve just written the perfect defenders playbook. Want to spoil a leading forward, then just pretend your going for the mark and run into the leading forward…..

Luckily for Stewart that Lord is still finding his feet at AFL level and did not put his knee into Stewart‘s chest (or worse).

View attachment 1766032
it’s for reference, why do you need to be so pedantic.
Watch it live. It’s more damning, clearer 50 you won’t see.
You play cricket for England?

Sheesh- time to stop your sobbing. You didn’t lose because of the umpiring, you lost because an old champ on one leg played a great last quarter despite the efforts of your amazing young mids. You were outplayed in the last quarter- simple.
Hey, winners are grinners, congrats.
What do you care if I think that they didn't deserve it? The 4 points are yours, ultimately all that matters.

It wasn’t arms wrapping around, he just had his arms out to defend and spoil which is allowed under the rules. You just can’t take a step in any direction is all. You are allowed to spoil.

I actually really like port as a club and think geelong and port have a mutual respect, so I won’t be doing any bashing!

No he doesn’t have his arms around him, you’re absolutely right!

IMG_8314.jpeg

I carried on in here a bit last night. My apologies for being a bit of a tool.

Genuinely not sure if I've ever seen someone return to a match thread and put their hand up like that. Respect.

In the heat of the contest we can all get carried away, and I can see why anyone hoping for a Port victory could feel a little hard done by.

But I've seen much worse umpiring displays. I think the Port board themselves have been pretty good with accepting there was some issues with their 4th quarter, and there were other factors for their loss.

Lol every bloody week for the past x amount of years one can always find you in a port related thread going off on port like a jilted lover.

you’ve got an insane history of carrying some weird grudge against port in these forums.
Again, failing to recognize what is actually happen, making up fake history again is the make up of your club. It’s bloody embarrassing. Hope you clowns crash and burn hard after how big your heads have got this season

Back