Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 18 - Demons v Lions Fri July 14th 7:50pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 35 47.3%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I really hope Fagan doesn't truly believe that contested possessions was the difference in the end. When your up by 24 points with 7 minutes to play it's not contested possessions that beat you. They clearly got tight and played to save the game.

Fages is the least transparent coach in the league during pressers (which isn’t a criticism of fages) I wouldn’t read anything into what he says.

Channel 7 going to show a replay of the mark on the siren?
I've watched it a few times over on Kayo. Looked like the ball hits Hipwoods gut and then Lever grabs it clearly with his right arm. Hipwood then wrestles it out of Levers clutched arm and tries to claim the grab. All through the contest Hipwood has his right arm wrapped high over Levers shoulder and around his neck.

How do Melbourne only attract 38K to that game, that is disgraceful honestly
Because we were various shades of shite for the past 60 odd years.

Two grand finals in the period.. for then record losses.

Kind of puts a dent in numbers when you effectively lose two/three generations of supporters.

Record crowd between the two teams though...

That was embarrassing by hipwood trying to claim that mark
Spirit of the game in tatters. I wouldn’t want to win that way anyway.

After tonight grundys next game should be after Gawn retires. Not a very good trade for the old dees.
Gawn is a lot fresher than same time last year. Grundy hasn't set the world on fire but he's served a purpose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair play on the win tonight but have you repressed your memories of the semi last year? Hipwood was electric in that game.
Love your username, great game.

Don't understand why you talk trash though. Kicked your arse in 2021 and went on to win a flag. What have you done since then? Beat us then lost a prelim? Well done.

The last 12 seconds of the game that nearly created a last ditch potentially game winning opportunity from the back half puts going defensive 10 minutes out from the final siren into perspective.
If we are up 4 goals with 2-3 minutes to go, yeah whatever hold the game up, go defensive who cares. But 7 minutes is just so odd.

After Daniher kicked his goal the feeling at the ground was the game was done. 4th quarter was playing out as expected and then late on I look up and see Gunston basically at full back. We proceed to long bomb out of defence and then every Lions fan around me knew we were in trouble, despite being 4 goals up.

If we are up 4 goals with 2-3 minutes to go, yeah whatever hold the game up, go defensive who cares. But 7 minutes is just so odd.

After Daniher kicked his goal the feeling at the ground was the game was done. 4th quarter was playing out as expected and then late on I look up and see Gunston basically at full back. We proceed to long bomb out of defence and then every Lions fan around me knew we were in trouble, despite being 4 goals up.
I was watching the game back on Kayo delayed. I was fast forwarding the last qtr because it seemed like a foregone conclusion the Lions were home. I started watching when the Dees got to within 3 goals. Brisbane completely stopped.

Back