Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 20 - Collingwood v Carlton Fri July 28th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 21.9%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 40 38.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Walsh
Cerra for most of game
Mckay
Kennedy
JSOS
Boyd
Durdin
Williams

Almost half a side. All best 22.
No way.
Durdin comes in you lose an Otties or Martin. He’s ok but he’s not automatic.
Same Boyd.
Williams has been pretty bad.
Silvagni is always dropped. So he can’t be mentioned.
Who are the 8 you take out? If you can show me that I might concede.

No way.
Durdin comes in you lose an Otties or Martin. He’s ok but he’s not automatic.
Same Boyd.
Williams has been pretty bad.
Silvagni is always dropped. So he can’t be mentioned.
Who are the 8 you take out? If you can show me that I might concede.
Wrong on Boyd he's best 22 every day of the week.

Wrong on Boyd he's best 22 every day of the week.
Ok.
I’m just looking to see the 8 that miss.
It’s easy to say you are missing 8 of your best 22 (saying it’s almost half a team) but that means you need to name the 8 players who aren’t best 22.
I know and you know he won’t do this as there aren’t 8 guys to name. You say Durdin is best 22 then Otties or Martin aren’t. You say Williams is best 22 then a Newman or Saad need to go.

Get off it. Cerra was BOG before pinging his hammy and he was going at 65%. Acres was your best midfielder in the second half and he went at 65%. Stop acting like Daicos was atrocious tonight. You’re talking about a second year player. What is it exactly you expect of him if you were to call his game average or good?

He played mainly inside, that’s why he had our highest contested possession numbers. Crippa gets criticised constantly for his DE when it’s completely natural for the inside mids to have lower DE%s.

What’s sad is you guys won and you’re sitting here trying to pot a second year player who was close to our best for the whole game. He actually did well considering his quiet first half, which is a credit to the kid.
Ok, so the ‘best player in the comp played well’, you had no injuries and you still got done by an under strength ‘mid table side’

Not sure what your point is.

Ok.
I’m just looking to see the 8 that miss.
It’s easy to say you are missing 8 of your best 22 (saying it’s almost half a team) but that means you need to name the 8 players who aren’t best 22.
I know and you know he won’t do this as there aren’t 8 guys to name. You say Durdin is best 22 then Otties or Martin aren’t. You say Williams is best 22 then a Newman or Saad need to go.
It's a week by week proposition, we've had heaps of injuries in the last two seasons and that's why we call it a best 30 instead of best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reality is you got smashed, just got over the line against Port, lost to Melbourne and also Lions early in the year. You’re not that good, not against the teams around you anyway.

And by the way, you were at full strength and we were nowhere near it.
So Collingwood have lost 3 games this year, therefore they're 'no good'...

That is genius.

Back