Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 18 - Demons v Lions Fri July 14th 7:50pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 35 47.3%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How do Melbourne only attract 38K to that game, that is disgraceful honestly
I shouldn't encourage this sort of posting by responding, but...

Last night's crowd of 38,030 was the biggest H&A crowd of all time between these two teams. Previous best was 37,728 last year at the G. Not sure more you're expecting.

A top 4 team on Friday night at the G vs another top 4 team you'd want 50 wouldn't you? Richmond v Brisbane later in the season got 80K a couple of years ago.
That was when people still thought Brisbane were a genuine contender

He's only 29.

Season 5 What GIF by The Office

Damn thought he was like 34

I shouldn't encourage this sort of posting by responding, but...

Last night's crowd of 38,030 was the biggest H&A crowd of all time between these two teams. Previous best was 37,728 last year at the G. Not sure more you're expecting.
It will be one of those games where 80,000 people claim they were there “The night a completely cooked Melky sunk the Bears” so let’s just count it as an 80k crowd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All teams train for it but it needs onfield leadership.

Brisbane is filled with talent but clearly lacking in leadership.

I'm actually surprised how poor most teams look when they try and save the game in the final minutes.
Geelong aren't good at it. Senior players don't think and just start bombing the ball away, anywhere.

Richmond are excellent at it.
Collingwood are the kings of it right now.

So many teams in the eight just have no idea. Most are better off being behind so they can attack and play loose. Nothing to lose if you know you need a goal or two to win the game.

All teams train for it but it needs onfield leadership.

Brisbane is filled with talent but clearly lacking in leadership.

On field wise, Zorko has been part of this problem and issue at the Lions for years. Brisbane need to give him the flick at the end of the season.

Just watching the last quarter replay Brisbane kept kicking it down the line to a contest and it kept coming back. Not good tactics in the last few minutes panicked
This is what we did for an entire quarter and a half. So dumb. Players go into their shells and prevent teams from scoring often choke a lead more often than not.

This is why we allowed Brisbane to jet off to a four goal lead. And that’s why Brisbane allowed us to crawl back into it. The other team won it for us.

I'm actually surprised how poor most teams look when they try and save the game in the final minutes.
Geelong aren't good at it. Senior players don't think and just start bombing the ball away, anywhere.

Richmond are excellent at it.
Collingwood are the kings of it right now.

So many teams in the eight just have no idea. Most are better off being behind so they can attack and play loose. Nothing to lose if you know you need a goal or two to win the game.

Yeah Hodge always said they had no fear if they were down by a little with only minutes to go. They had overrun teams so many times they never lost faith.

And when in front they knew how to stay in front and close out the game.

Not doing much for a no.1 pick in his sixth season. Brayshaw, Uniacke, Naughton, Fogarty, Allen, Bailey. All gone past him.

Ed Richards is probably better than him.
Throw in Dylan Moore, Higgins, Starcevich, Powell, Balta, Liam Ryan, Brent Daniels, Sam Taylor, Petty, Nathan Murphy, Worpel, Miers, Switkowski, Liam Baker.

Just watching the last quarter replay Brisbane kept kicking it down the line to a contest and it kept coming back. Not good tactics in the last few minutes panicked
I was saying the same thing last night. I put alot of the blame on Harris Andrews, he had a brilliant individual game, but as a captain he has to be influencing the plays out of defence. The Lions were consistently going down the line to that Gawn/May pack in that last.

Weird seeing Bears supporters sook about crowd numbers. Your club ran out in a goddamn Fitzroy jumper last night? Where did all the “royboys” go?
They’re spending their Friday nights at hipster bars that serve craft beer in jam jars whilst popping off to the bathroom to apply beard oil and adjusting their man buns.

All living in their parents negatively geared properties in Fitzroy.

Back