Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 18 - Demons v Lions Fri July 14th 7:50pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 35 47.3%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I was watching the game back on Kayo delayed. I was fast forwarding the last qtr because it seemed like a foregone conclusion the Lions were home. I started watching when the Dees got to within 3 goals. Brisbane completely stopped.
Yeah sadly, really deflating but that’s footy. Highs and lows.

The most annoying thing is how it’ll all be about the MCG again. Did people forget we stopped at the GABBA as well against the Dees?

The ground didn’t make us stop, arguably it was the coach lol.

Yeah sadly, really deflating but that’s footy. Highs and lows.

The most annoying thing is how it’ll all be about the MCG again. Did people forget we stopped at the GABBA as well against the Dees?

The ground didn’t make us stop, arguably it was the coach lol.
Not so arguably, it was the players

I was at the game and supporting Brisbane tonight, but never have I been more satisfied to see two supporters walk off in heartbreak at the final siren as the two DHs sitting behind me in the MCC who were chirpy all night and baiting the Demons supporters around them. Was glorious. And I was at round 23 Collingwood vs Carlton last year.

After tonight grundys next game should be after Gawn retires. Not a very good trade for the old dees.
Who do you think was rucking for them when Gawn was out injured and they were winning games?

They wouldn't be here in the top 4 without him.

It wasn’t even just that he moved a player back too early, Fagan looked visibly rattled pacing around the coaches box in the final minutes (not for the first time either). Surely your leaders should be trying to keep an air of calm and a cool head in a crisis.
Whilst I agree with you on the premise of your post…

Do you think the players noticed hm pacing around?
Do you think it clouded his decisions?
Do you think any decisions he made in the last few mins would have been different if he was sitting down and calm?

Dunno if Dees fans realised but the ball could not have been in better hands. Melksham kicked at least two game winners for Essendon that I can remember. He’s clutch if nothing else.

He has kicked multiple goals for Melbourne in clutch situations too. Guy is polarizing to say the least but he is ice cold finishing under pressure.

How do Melbourne only attract 38K to that game, that is disgraceful honestly
Screenshot_20230714_160931_Chrome.jpg

Includes a game played in front of 3,000 people in the wet in Alice Springs, lol.

Gawn is a lot fresher than same time last year. Grundy hasn't set the world on fire but he's served a purpose.
Yeah true.

A fully fit Gawn is good for the demons.

I swear Gawn and some other key demons players were sore and carrying injuries in that 2022 finals series last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gawn.
Viney.
What else dooya want.

Brissy choked when it mattered.

The bad news for Brisbane: away from the cozy shelter of the dome, their record as the away side this season reads 1 win, 4 losses. They have two more of these games to come.

The good news: there is one more trip to Colonial Stadium, so perhaps they'll have a chance vs Collingwood.

Surely they will walk in their 3 remaining home games but a slip up in any of those would put top 4 in trouble, given their unreliability on the road.

Yeah true.

A fully fit Gawn is good for the demons.

I swear Gawn and some other key demons players were sore and carrying injuries in that 2022 finals series last season.
Gawn hat a hip problem, Petracca a broken leg and Oliver could hardly see out of one eye

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

it’s just good to see all of the Melbourne supporters who were here in Q1 but disappeared for Q2-4 back and celebrating the good win! Welcome back!
Why wouldn’t we jump back in and gloat? Instead of trying to give flack to Melbourne supporters why don’t you give an opinion on the game and why Brisbane have lost yet another game at the G.

Back