Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 20 - Collingwood v Carlton Fri July 28th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 21.9%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 40 38.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Coll-vs-Carlton.png

1st v 9th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 20
COLLINGWOOD V CARLTON
FRIDAY JULY 28TH 7:50PM EST (M.C.G.)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams
MAGPIES

B: J.Howe, D.Moore - C, I.Quaynor
HB: B.Maynard, N.Murphy, J.Crisp
C: S.Sidebottom, N.Daicos, O.Markov
HF: J.De Goey, B.Mihocek, P.Lipinski
F: J.Elliott, D.McStay, T.Adams
FOLL: D.Cameron, T.Mitchell, S.Pendlebury

I/C: J.Daicos, J.Noble, B.McCreery, M.Cox
EMG: B.Frampton, W.Hoskin-Elliott, J.Ginnivan, A.Johnson

In: None
Out: B.Hill (Illness)

BLUES
B: B.Kemp, J.Weitering, N.Newman
HB: S.Docherty, M.McGovern, A.Saad
C: B.Acres, P.Cripps - C, O.Hollands
HF: L.Fogarty, T.De Koning, D.Cuningham
F: J.Martin, C.Curnow, M.Owies
FOLL: M.Pittonet, A.Cerra, G.Hewett

I/C: C.Marchbank, A.Cincotta, M.Cottrell, J.Motlop
EMG: Z.Fisher, L.Cowan, Le.Young, P.Dow

In: P.Cripps, J.Martin, M.Owies, M.Pittonet, A.Cerra, C.Marchbank
Out: L.Cowan (Omitted), P.Dow (Omitted), J.Honey (Omitted), E.Curnow (Omitted), S.Walsh (Injured), J.Silvagni (Injured), Le.Young (Sub)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Peter Mac Cup

Tonight traditional rivals Carlton and Collingwood will come together for one common cause – to support ground-breaking cancer research at Melbourne’s Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre. The Peter Mac Cup is the longest running charity match in VFL/AFL history, with the first clash taking place in 1993. This year is the 28th time the Cup is up for grabs with the tally sitting at 15 Carlton wins to 12 Collingwood wins.

Richard Pratt medal

The best player on the field will be awarded the Richard Pratt medal. The medal is awarded in honour of Pratt, a former player and President of Carlton, but also to raise awareness for prostate cancer and highlight the importance of early diagnosis.

George Hewett – 150 AFL games

Carlton midfielder George Hewett will play his 150th AFL game tonight against Collingwood.

Hewett was drafted to the Sydney Swans with pick No. 32 in the 2013 draft. At the end of 2021, after 120 games and a Grand Final appearance, Hewett joined Carlton as part of free agency. The combative Hewett is highly regarded for his work off the ball, earning a reputation for his tackling prowess and ability to tag a direct opponent out of the game if required.

Last edited by a moderator:

What Yap they go quiet when we are winning games havent heard from anyone in the media since round 13

It was better after round 22 last year though.

Hope for a good game but Pies by 25

Not really a big game for the Pies but damn important for the Blues. I would rest Pendles, Moore, Maynard, Naicos and Billy. If that is the case we only win by 41.
Key games are to beat GWS, Saints, GC and if we do that we play finals. The pies, demons games are largly irrelevent in the context of our season, would have to beat both in order to have the luxury of dropping one of the others.

I think we should leave cripps, cerra, walsh out for this one and prep them for the games that matter.

Key games are to beat GWS, Saints, GC and if we do that we play finals. The pies, demons games are largly irrelevent in the context of our season, would have to beat both in order to have the luxury of dropping one of the others.

I think we should leave cripps, cerra, walsh out for this one and prep them for the games that matter.
That's assuming those other teams lose as well.

That's assuming those other teams lose as well.
Bunch of games where those from 5th-12th play each other basically regardless of who wins 12.5 wins will make it 12 wins might sneak in for someone if the results fall the right way.

Only real exception is us, if we beat pies, demons, gc to get to 12.5 and lose to saints gws they both get to 13 wins and we miss finals hence why I said we should ignore friday night and make sure they are firing for the saints the week after.

Win all 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you read my post above?

That's like putting the field on the boundary when you're on a hat trick
Continue to play the same as we have by all means but don't rush back cripps, cerra, walsh, etc if they aren't quite right. Pointless having a run of great form only to burn out before we get there and missing out all together.

This will be Carlton’s sixth win in a row by over 50 points…and the sixth in a run of 14 that the entire AFL will come to appreciate.
On reflection and in time, Carlton supporter or not, you’ll be grateful that you existed to witness it

Go blues!!!!
Bro we must have the same essential oils guy!

Collingwood by a foul swooping 44 points

Elliot to kick 3
Mason Cox to kick 9

Back