Autopsy AFL 2023 First Semi Final (Week 2) - Demons v Blues Fri Sept 15th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 67 33.2%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 73 36.1%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 16 7.9%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate we have nothing to lose, you are the one with eyes wide shut. We have a punchers chance next week. We lose, who cares everyone is still happy. You guys lose? Oh s**t thats a disaster. Good luck

What about the game and a birth in the grand final? I'd say those are two things, just off the top of my head, that the blues can lose next week. I know its comforting to adjust yourself mentally so that you can't lose whatever happens.

What about the game and a birth in the grand final? I'd say those are two things, just off the top of my head, that the blues can lose next week. I know its comforting to adjust yourself mentally so that you can't lose whatever happens.
When you go from bottom 4 after round 14, to the prelim after winning two finals with a young team, you really have a different perspective on things.

Yeh I'd love to win, but i won't be gutted if we lose.

When you go from bottom 4 after round 14, to the prelim after winning two finals with a young team, you really have a different perspective on things.

I remember thinking the same in 2007, when we scraped into a prelim from 6th and had to play the invincible Cats, no one gave us a chance, nothing to lose (!!) ...

So we played our pants off, lost by 5 points and I was absolutely gutted for 6 months 😆

Let's be honest, you guys have Bradbury'd your way to a prelim. Absolutely no guarantees you get anywhere near it next year, so you'd want to make hay while the sun is shining.

I remember thinking the same in 2007, when we scraped into a prelim from 6th and had to play the invincible Cats, no one gave us a chance, nothing to lose (!!) ...

So we played our pants off, lost by 5 points and I was absolutely gutted for 6 months 😆
Yep it’s prelim final time.

People kidding themselves if they think they won’t be gutted with a loss.

Won’t take away from the enjoyment of these first two finals though

Let's be honest, you guys have Bradbury'd your way to a prelim. Absolutely no guarantees you get anywhere near it next year, so you'd want to make hay while the sun is shining.
Genuinely confused by this.

I’d suggest we have had the longest injury list all season of any team in the 8 and here we are fighting through all that and sitting in a prelim.

I’d suggest we have had the longest injury list all season of any team in the 8 and here we are fighting through all that and sitting in a prelim.
If it was Geelong he would be saying how they have "outlasted" the opposition with grit and determination

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll see next week. I'm actually going to go for the blues but they're just making up the numbers. It's a dangerous game when you're relying on other teams to miss shots on goal.

No Danny. Next week has no impact on last night. Bizarre comment.

I do agree though it’s a dangerous game when you’re relying on other teams to miss shots on goal. Lucky Acres nailed the shot. Dees took the risk and it backfired.

Injuries shminjuries. I think Melbourne were missing their entire forward line last night and you still only beat them because they couldn't hit the side of a barn. I mean good on you guys, but lets not pretend you're anywhere near the calibre of teams like Collingwood and Brisbane.

So we played our pants off, lost by 5 points and I was absolutely gutted for 6 months

We are there so a chance, I don’t subscribe to the free hit mentality, who knows what the future holds and when we will be back in a prelim.

Devastating loss. 17 behinds. Massive choke. Nothing really went out way. Goal reviews never went our way, 50m penalties against constantly, we hit the post so many times, and costly misses.

Carlton were ok, but we simply couldn't kick the ball through the big sticks. It was just so frustrating. A massive choke.

We were never the same team once Petty went down. Melksham was the cherry on top. Van Rooyen was the cherry on the cherry.

If only you lot had Cam 'best #1 pick ever' Rayner in the forward line instead of Bailey Avfritche :moustache:

What about the game and a birth in the grand final?
Would the birth be sanctioned by the AFL and part of the Grand Final Entertainment package? Might not the critics suggest this birth is a fairly obvious attempt to connect with a certain demographic?

1694856056052.jpeg
They come from the AFL.

3KZ, get back to the Lions board and the 50s clique, sir. Don't hound my bad spelling.
Sorry. It’s fun seeing you and bungalow_bill here. It’s like bumping into someone down the street.

P.S. You are winning your argument with the random Blues supporter. 👍

Pretty close. The misses against Collingwood were worse but we played against better opposition. There were more misses against the blues but there weren't any howlers like there were against Collingwood. hitting the post a few times, 2 goal reviews touched on the line, umpiring decisions not going our way. So I'd say we played worse against Collingwood.
I'd say you just choked in both games and just not good enough on the big stage when it counts

Back