Autopsy AFL 2023 First Qualifying Final - Pies v Demons Thurs Sept 7th 7:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 86 34.0%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 92 36.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 19 7.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

they were but only really through melbourne being so abysmal. how many times did oliver roost a ball high into the forward 50 right to where moore and murphy were able to easily float across and spoil any marking attempt? incredibly stupid football.
I think it is partially a flow on effect of Melbournes high pressing defense. It essentially makes them flood their own forward half of the ground and leaves no space for the forwards to move/lead. Great for a defensive structure but effectively strangles their own forwards.

I’m trying to understand the difference between the Hill tackle on Lever in Q1 v ANB’s tackle on Daicos in Q3 - one results in a goal, the other is a ball up. Strange.

just like in 2002 and 2003 hey?

Yes when Cloke punched Edwards head into the stands and Rocca nearly broke Lades jaw. Both helped you win finals and Eddie still lobbied the AFL like it was an injustice.

Who remembers Eddie getting David Cloke on the FOOTY SHOW crying and pleading to let Jason Cloke play.

I see that your fear of playing Coll with Maynard is the obvious underlying motivation for this post - because it’s certainly not logic based on the facts.
So you would be ok, if you or someone close to you was playing footy and got knocked into next week? There should be nothing wrong with that right?

Yes when Cloke punched Edwards head into the stands and Rocca nearly broke Lades jaw. Both helped you win finals and Eddie still lobbied the AFL like it was an injustice.

Who remembers Eddie getting David Cloke on the FOOTY SHOW crying and pleading to let Jason Cloke play.
Still waiting for your example of how Collingwood gets players off suspensions…

watch his games? he's played about half the games because he couldn't make the team and then half the time he does play he's the sub. Did you not even watch the game last night. Tried to draw high frees about 3 times despite only playing 10 minutes. embarassing stuff.
Your blinkered view and overactive imagination is the only embarrassing thing here. How many games he’s played and whether or not he was the starting sub has ZERO to do with how he’s developed this year so obviously the answer to “have you watched his games?” is …. No.
113 disposals this season and just the 5 free kicks and you say he “has no other way to win the footy”. THAT‘S embarrassing. Did you see Rivers get done for HTB from a perfect Ginnivan tackle? Feel free to supply the moments when he “tried to draw high frees”. I won’t hold my breath.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, one of my best mates plays for the pies vfl team. So def no hatred. But if he had tackled he wouldn't have hit him in the head, yes I agree with you he choose to smother, but in the end the smother turned into a hip to the head.
Why the * would Maynard tackle Brayshaw when the ball was leaving his boot as he was approaching from 5 metres away?

He jumped in and attempt to Smother the ball that was already in flight.

Did you even see the incident that you're drawing and quartering Maynard on?

There's no option to tackle. how? Maynard has the right to go for a smother. Smothering was the right option. it was just unlucky. Look I think Maynard is a good player but whilst I think he gets credit for doing the smallest of things, he should have no case to answer for this incident.

The cheering of Ginnivan was total cringe though. I don't get it anyway? It seemed more like Bronx cheers roasting. Cheering him for being the supersub at the 20 minute mark of the last quarter?...
Agree with your first comment.

And why is it wrong for a supporter base to cheer a young player who has had a tough season, who could potentially still play a big role in our upcoming finals?

One of the rare occasions that the crowd cheered over a player getting knocked out.
Sickening to be honest.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF

Your blinkered view and overactive imagination is the only embarrassing thing here. How many games he’s played and whether or not he was the starting sub has ZERO to do with how he’s developed this year so obviously the answer to “have you watched his games?” is …. No.
113 disposals this season and just the 5 free kicks and you say he “has no other way to win the footy”. THAT‘S embarrassing. Did you see Rivers get done for HTB from a perfect Ginnivan tackle? Feel free to supply the moments when he “tried to draw high frees”. I won’t hold my breath.
wow a player laid a tackled. what a super sub. Ginnivan literally ducked his head trying to draw a free moments later and got caught holding the ball too.

Back