Autopsy AFL 2023 First Semi Final (Week 2) - Demons v Blues Fri Sept 15th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 67 33.2%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 73 36.1%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 16 7.9%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Rayner Cameron and Daniher hard to stop all three. Still my pick to take it all out this year the Lions

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You’re the first Collingwood supporter I’ve seen that doesn’t think you’ll win the flag.
Literally every other pies fan thinks it’s completely sewn up and there’s no way they lose it.

2pt margin doesn’t make it a good game to watch, was just a question on who would sh#t the bed first
There were large portions of the game where it looked like neither team wanted to win it.

I get that finals footy brings pressure and sometimes scrappy football, but there seemed to be a lot of unforced errors.

Score aside it was a pretty crappy match.

We could have that Blues v Pies grand final after all! We just refused to die out there. I'm just very proud of those players right now.

That was our greatest ever win since the 1999 prelim final against the Bombers imo.
It was gutsy.
Acres could barely lift his arm, pushed himself forward and took the overhead mark and converted.
Dochers pushed through and didn't just give you an extra body, he was pivotal late pushing into forward 50.
Cripps just doesn't take a backward step.
Hollands some really nice little cameos as the sub, the list goes on.
Dees will rue the missed chances, but plenty of ticker from the Blues 👍

You’re the first Collingwood supporter I’ve seen that doesn’t think you’ll win the flag.
Literally every other pies fan thinks it’s completely sewn up and there’s no way they lose it.

Call it 2011 trauma. Briabane has towelled us up twice this year , no full gone conclusion we win the flag if we make the GF

It's strange. I have a lot of time for Melbourne and watch them pretty closely.

So much talent there but you're right, the window can slam shut quickly and clearly they haven't capitalized on the talent they have.

I think they'll be there or thereabouts again next season but who knows how deep they'll go. You're certainly restricted if you can't take your chances when they present.

We're definitely hungry. And we're playing with a spirit that I've not seen from players in a Carlton jumper in a long, long time.
Fans are up and about but who can blame them? We'd be doing the players a disservice not joining in on the ride.

Next week will be bloody tough. We're sore and Brisbane up there is the hardest trip in footy. Brisbane strong favorites - rightly so - but you just can't count this Blues outfit out right now.

Belief is a bloody powerful thing. And right now the club has it in spades.
Absolutely, I was at the game last night and what stood out is the Blues intensity, resolve and calmness under pressure late ……… bring that and anything can happen. Enjoy the ride, atmosphere great last night and it’s infectious even though I’m clearly not a Blues follower. 😜

I think Blues can win next week.
Harry coming back in is huge. Despite kicking woes, still takes grabs and very important to structure/Curnow. Always high in score involvements.
Martin, Dow and Hollands also into 22 to freshen it up. More run.
Docherty and Acres to miss I think. Acres has been amazing, but looks really sore. I think next week would be just one to many. Cincotta, Marchbank to also make way.
Just my thoughts.
Thanks for your thoughts - no way Doc & Acres miss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish. I know scores of them and I am yet to hear even one say that.. Youre just writing your own "literal facts"

I’d say it was bottled more last week when they had 32 more inside 50’s! This week inside 50’s about even

Yet for some reason Carlton were lucky whereas Collingwood put on a defensive masterclass
Number 2 ranked side defensively this year , we keep getting gifted wins apparently from opposition sides who keep falling over themselves. Gotta laugh how no one rates us , yet have won 11of the past 12 matches.

Carlton wont make the 8 next year.

giphy.gif

Viney clears Weitering in the last minute and a bit and Melbourne win. Smith was out and Pickett was inside 50. Would have been a two on one, Joe the Goose goal, game over. It is cruel, but the whole game turned on that tired, right foot kick. From there, Carlton were clean and sealed it.

Happened against us last year in r22 when Pickett got the winner, bad pass by Owies led to a turnover.

Back