Autopsy AFL 2023 First Qualifying Final - Pies v Demons Thurs Sept 7th 7:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 86 34.0%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 92 36.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 19 7.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

why so confident? You scraped over the line against as a team with no forward line, 1 player down and had to rely on us losing the game with missed shots instead of you guys winning it. You'll lose the prelim convincingly if you dish that up.

Youll be out next week if you dish up what you did next week.

Start calling you Caroline Wozniacki, always going out in straight sets

Does Langdon think Collingwwod are a one trick pony still?

I would like to know what his trick is, letting Sidebottom dominate the 1st half really helped us to win the game, great trick Ed.

That was an obvious bath and a half. Langdon was getting towelled up by a veteran finals player

why so confident? You scraped over the line against as a team with no forward line, 1 player down and had to rely on us losing the game with missed shots instead of you guys winning it. You'll lose the prelim convincingly if you dish that up.
Outscored you for 3 QTR’s - it’s embarrassing that you feel unlucky having only had the edge in 1 QTR.
You had almost 17 minutes in the last QTR to score 13 points to win and couldn’t do.
Junk I50’s ALL season has been your issue just like last night.

Let’s add back gettable goals ie I30 metres - do that and we win by more.

Anything else?

We are missing Naicos , so that hardly slides that you missed Brayshaw, he was subbed straight away anyway

Bad skills is bad football sorry to say.

Still think the AFL missed an opportunity with the crowd by playing it on Thursday. Only 92k. Anzac Day got almost 95k. Still think if they played it on Saturday at 3:20 and the weather was good they'd have got 99 or 100k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having watched the reply you wouldn't think Melbourne would get a better run with the umpires than that for the rest of the finals series. Right from the first minute when Hill clearly should have got a free for running down Lever in the goal square, to Melbourne constantly throwing the footy, to gifts to Petracca when he straight up drops the footy in a tackle and gets a shot at goal for it.... Melbourne very lucky to get so close.

Point is one our best mids was removed naming random role players doesn't mean they can do the role.
Those players can rotate through the midfield ( and have done so ALL year at various stages) to make up the minutes - you don’t have that depth.

It’s not like I said McStay would do the Crisp role - that would be random.

One of the rare occasions that the crowd cheered over a player getting knocked out.
Sickening to be honest.

You obviously weren't there, so let me educate you.

The first cheering was Melbourne supporters cheering the goal kicked.
The chanting that happened later was in response to a melee that erupted with Melbourne targetting Maynard.

Neither had anything to do with the injured Brayshaw. But don't let the truth ruin your little your little story.

Melbourne kicked themselves out of the game, won nearly 3 quarters , but the Magpies just managed that kicking skill a tiny bit better, Bad kicking is bad football, but people who watch this game know that the Carringbush was a bit lucky and did have to fight like mad to stop Melbourne running away , which I feel they may have done given a couple of terrible shots at goal, or more!

Now the hard thing for the Dees is they have to front up next week , the Pies get a rest , and I think the last few weeks of Collingwood slump, with several ordinary games, is about to be over, and that is something for everyone to think about.

Because at full flight I believe their relentless need for the ball, , when they are on , they are nearly invincible.

The slump actually has to end or they waste another year.

Picks for the other games, I see Carlton winning, I see a Port upset win , they are very very relentless when they get into gear.

I don't think that the Saints can beat GWS, although GWS are a unknown really , and could be found out, but who knows?
No picking points for or against or winning margins, that's ridiculous.
No one can pick a winning score, only by sheer coincidental luck .

Back