Autopsy AFL 2023 First Elimination Final - Carlton v Sydney Fri Sept 8th 7:50pm EST MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 56 29.3%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 40 20.9%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty chirpy suddenly. I guess you should enjoy it while it lasts. First time playing finals since 2013.

Home ground umpiring won't help you next week.

Then back down to mediocrity in 2024.
I’ve been chirpy all year my friend.

We beat Melbs a few weeks ago - expect to again.

Its onwards and upwards for The Mighty Blues.

The gap between errol and daicos isn't as big as what people seem to think. He's getting close to being a top 5 player in the league
No question. If Gulden played for Carlton the Daicos vs Gulden comparison would be on every talk show. Gulden is a top tier jet. There was a passage in the last quarter where he was on the goal line defending and within 30 seconds was in a chain on the wing kicking inside 50. I watched him gut run past many Carlton players who were out on their legs.

21 years old. Seriously impressive stuff. If I'm talking one young gun from another club it's Gulden

Last q. was an utter travesty of ridiculous and wrong ump calls your way.
Ask anyone! Except you.
Oh, and go get some grace. And a small serve of manners on the side.
You threw everything at us.
We won fair andsquars.
That's it.
We beat you.
Most Swannie fans are a decent bunch. You are bringing them down with you.
its ok to admit your team got an armchair ride from the umpires. you dont need to pretend like it didnt happen

Why does every Big Footy post game analysis just turn into a "you only won because of umpires" fest?

It's not only always incorrect, but it the response of an emotionally immature teenager struggling to cope and process with disappointment or failure. It's like adults return to past patterns of behavior.

I get it during the game when you're emotionally worked up to crack it at decisions in the moment, but when the game is over, show some humility and reason.

How anyone could have watched that bruising contest last night and come out of it with "that team only won because of the umpires" is beyond me.

There is a saying that the first person to accuse or label the other person a Nazi in an argument automatically loses the debate. On big footy it should be the first person to actually use umpires as the main reason their team lost loses any argument or credibility.

Grow up.

Why does every Big Footy post game analysis just turn into a "you only won because of umpires" fest?

It's not only always incorrect, but it the response of an emotionally immature teenager struggling to cope and process with disappointment or failure. It's like adults return to past patterns of behavior.

I get it during the game when you're emotionally worked up to crack it at decisions in the moment, but when the game is over, show some humility and reason.

How anyone could have watched that bruising contest last night and come out of it with "that team only won because of the umpires" is beyond me.

There is a saying that the first person to accuse or label the other person a Nazi in an argument automatically loses the debate. On big footy it should be the first person to actually use umpires as the main reason their team lost loses any argument or credibility.

Grow up.
Blaming Umps is a coping mechanism to lessen the disappointment after losing a game. A lot of supporters do it from every club.

Also Gulden is a ******* star in the making if not already. Was a joy to watch him last night and he single handedly nearly got the Swans over the line.

its ok to admit your team got an armchair ride from the umpires. you dont need to pretend like it didnt happen
But Carlton get a charmed run with umpiring every week so why is this even a thing ?
It's expected we win games from umpire errors. Surely bigfooty public know this yeah ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blaming Umps is a coping mechanism to lessen the disappointment after losing a game. A lot of supporters do it from every club.

Also Gulden is a ******* star in the making if not already. Was a joy to watch him last night and he single handedly nearly got the Swans over the line.

I am glad oppositions fans are finally recognising him. To me he is every bit as good as Diacos and if he got the hype Diacos got then he would be in real contention for the Brownlow this year as well. Has been truly fantastic at the Swans.

Other than maybe Lewis Jetta in his prime I have never seen a Swans player use the ball better, and Gulden gets the ball a lot more than Jetta did.

I am glad oppositions fans are finally recognising him. To me he is every bit as good as Diacos and if he got the hype Diacos got then he would be in real contention for the Brownlow this year as well. Has been truly fantastic at the Swans.

Other than maybe Lewis Jetta in his prime I have never seen a Swans player use the ball better, and Gulden gets the ball a lot more than Jetta did.
He is better than Daicos IMO and more damaging around the contests as he wins his own ball where Daicos is scared of contact and likes to run around without being touched.

He is the best field kick in the league bar none. And he does it at high pace. As an opposition fan I don't often notice the other team but he was everywhere in that last half. And he was up against Docherty as well who is a bloody good footballer in his own right.

You've got an absolute gem there.

Ha, you’re lucky Sydney can’t kick straight. That’s the only reason you won, plus the ARC.
Seriously, how many crucial ARC decisions are going to go their way? Why do the goal umpires keep saying it was touched when they had absolutely no idea? It goes against umpiring conventions where you are not allowed to make decisions based on a guess.

Carlton got one against Collingwood where Elliot kicked a goal in the last quarter. We were making a charge in the last and it ruined our momentum.
Carlton got one against Melbourne where Petracca kicked a goal in the last minute and would have won the game.
Carlton got one last night again.

Is it time for a rule change where the goal umpire has no soft call in the ARC review? If the ARC review cannot determine anything then the goal stands.

With the current rules, the goal umpires can manipulate the outcome of the game.

Grow up.
Coping mechanisms for adults with an 8 year olds emotional levels.

Now the Carlton fans know what it feels like to deal with Swans fans. We’ve had to deal with it for 7 ******* years!

Um what?

This is how I summed up our match

I am of course disappointed but I am not too upset at last nights loss. It was reasonably expected. Swans have some holes in our list, particularly in the midfield that we really need to address.

Back