Autopsy AFL 2023 Second Preliminary Final - Lions v Blues Sat Sept 23rd 5:15pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 57 23.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 47 19.0%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 111 44.8%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Each club gets around 17k allocated tickets for members. Then AFL members get their own allocation and MCC etc.
So collingwood get 17K tickets to direct supporter PLUS 66,000 Victorian corporate flops. Lions fans will be lucky to occupy one section. Seems that VFL considered that allocating 50% of the tickets to Carlton last night was needed to Reduce the Lion's Gabba advantage. Thats fair . . .except that this was supposed to be a well earned HOME prelim . . .Lions were actually supposed to have a home ground advantage last night. Collingwood/GWS at the G? I did see one dude in that crowd of black and white waving an orange flag. The only GWS fan allocated a ticket. VFL are flogs.

So collingwood get 17K tickets to direct supporter PLUS 66,000 Victorian corporate flops. Lions fans will be lucky to occupy one section. Seems that VFL considered that allocating 50% of the tickets to Carlton last night was needed to Reduce the Lion's Gabba advantage. Thats fair . . .except that this was supposed to be a well earned HOME prelim . . .Lions were actually supposed to have a home ground advantage last night. Collingwood/GWS at the G? I did see one dude in that crowd of black and white waving an orange flag. The only GWS fan allocated a ticket. VFL are flogs.
All the corporate flogs will support you guys anyway

GF day is the most evened game of the year.

Last year I spent half my time up on level 2 Olympic, the most corporate section of the ground and it was full of players from other sides, and a bunch of people flown in from Sydney who were given scarves upon arrival. We left at half time and went down to the cats cheersquad area.

It will be much the same this year.

How many members entered the ballot for Bris?

GF day is the most evened game of the year.

Last year I spent half my time up on level 2 Olympic, the most corporate section of the ground and it was full of players from other sides, and a bunch of people flown in from Sydney who were given scarves upon arrival. We left at half time and went down to the cats cheersquad area.

It will be much the same this year.

How many members entered the ballot for Bris?
The noise when rich / coll come out vs an interstate team gives this lie up easily.

Mate I'm happy for you. After predicting/hoping for Carlton's demise for weeks you finally got to roll out blue shakes. I bet you were getting a bit nervous for a second there!
Hey, I had to be provoked into doing it on the main board

Old mate CC3V been running with Wobblers for months now, incessantly, ridiculously

But we're not the ones who gave up a 5 goal lead

#blueshakes BABY!!!

Every lions member had an opportunity to buy a ticket to the prelim. It eventually went to public sale.

What did happen was that our non members who usually attend couldn’t buy tickets because Carlton members used up their entire allocation. I don’t think it’s fair that Carlton members miss out on a prelim.

Every lions member had an opportunity to buy a ticket to the prelim. It eventually went to public sale.

What did happen was that our non members who usually attend couldn’t buy tickets because Carlton members used up their entire allocation. I don’t think it’s fair that Carlton members miss out on a prelim.
Lots of casuals would have decided to go to the Broncos instead as well (Broncos tickets were approximately half the price)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree
No one at the ground would have been saying Carlton were nuffies.
The atmosphere they helped create at the Gabba was arguably the best ever AFL game at the Gabba I'd say and I've been going for over 20 years.
I'd say as well, in person and on Big Footy, I found the Carlton supporters the best of any we've played, 0 bitterness, it was all "Please flog Collingwood next week"
Was interesting with a few Lions supporters getting into a bit of banter after the match. Going on like we'd hate them now and would barrack for Collingwood over them???? Had to question what I was hearing.

The big boys 🤣

Final_Score_Andy_Roddick_vs_Saulnier.jpg

And their allocation was nearing on 50% of the Gabba's capacity. At the MCG next week. We get 17%. BS! We should have had a 90% Lions crowd last night.

And their allocation was nearing on 50% of the Gabba's capacity. At the MCG next week. We get 17%. BS! We should have had a 90% Lions crowd last night.

All lions members had the opportunity to purchase tickets. How can you sell tickets to lions fans only without using members as your yardstick

Collingwood members also get 17%.

The GF is always the hardest for the fans to get tickets to. It's why you need to be a club member and/or enough status in AFL or MCC.

Collingwood members also get 17%.

The GF is always the hardest for the fans to get tickets to. It's why you need to be a club member and/or enough status in AFL or MCC.
And what colours do you think the vast majority of the remaining 66% will be wearing? It will be like a Collingwood home game. All I'm saying is that, we live with that for the GF (no choice). For the home prelim the crowd allocation should have been to our advantage . . . significantly.

Imagine the sh*tstorm if a big vic club got to host a prlim at the G against an interstate team and 40,000 tickets were allocated to the interstate team.

Back