Game Day Richmond Tigers v GWS Giants - Grand Final - Sat 28 Sep, 2:30PM AEST, MCG

Tigers or Giants to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Can I give people my AFL members barcode for a ticket or is that illegal? I don’t want to and happy for gws or tigers fan to get it!

Should be at the very least, every player that played in the finals series or more than a certain number of games like 10 or more. Can’t have a player that played one game getting a medal.
Yep has to be something. Mind you reports Richmond could bring in a 1st gamer for the GF.

Would just be good to put an end to the GF heartbreak stories, and actually have these blokes 100% behind the team rather than being distraught about not being on the ground and everyone feeling pity for them.

The whole club creates the premiership, not just the 22 on the day

And how are Richmond planning on beating a team that just held their opponent to 52 points?

Surely you’re not just ignoring that it was pi**ing down rain for much of the match?
The last 5 games at the MCG vs Richmond, GWS hasn’t kicked more than 69 points lost every game.

The way people bang on about it, you’d think GWS ran out with an a team comprised exclusively of former first round draft picks.

They had just nine former first round picks run out against Collingwood, which is the same number as Richmond had running around against Geelong.

This ‘plastic and manufactured’ hyperbole is getting very old.
Very little credit is given to their list management team too. They've let players they perceive as being replaceable (Shiel, Wilson, McCarthy, Townsend, Tyson, Hoskin-Elliott, Scully) and players with injury issues (Smith, Boyd, Adams, Hampton) go to other clubs while retaining guns like Coniglio, Kelly and Cameron.

And looking at how most of the players they have let go as compared to those they have kept and how they have performed this year, they've absolutely nailed it IMO.

As long as Cogs is at least 80% ready i reckon he should be named, even if he just plays forward all day

But if you only look at Finals form the the tigers are red hot

came out and dominated after 1st half against brisbane where GWS struggled
Tigers blow away cats in the 2nd half and GWS slow to a stop after 3 qtr time
If lions had kicked straighter that games gets a lot tighter than the scoreboard suggest. They missed some absolute sodas that should of had Richmond facing a 6 goal deficit at 1/2 time.

Tigers have been far from comprehensive 4 quarter performers in either game. Won on surges

If lions had kicked straighter that games gets a lot tighter than the scoreboard suggest. They missed some absolute sodas that should of had Richmond facing a 6 goal deficit at 1/2 time.

Tigers have been far from comprehensive 4 quarter performers in either game. Won on surges
Thats in the first half though , Tigers were dominant in the 2nd half

Very little credit is given to their list management team too. They've let players they perceive as being replaceable (Shiel, Wilson, McCarthy, Townsend, Tyson, Hoskin-Elliott, Scully) and players with injury issues (Smith, Boyd, Adams, Hampton) go to other clubs while retaining guns like Coniglio, Kelly and Cameron.

And looking at how most of the players they have let go as compared to those they have kept and how they have performed this year, they've absolutely nailed it IMO.

Agreed. They’ve done well in identifying players who are essential vs players who are good, but their performance is elevated on the basis of being part of a good team. Shiel is the perfect example of this.

They also place premium on recruiting competitive players who get the most out of themselves.

Daniels and Taylor are two great examples of this. Not first-round draft picks, but solid, dependable players who stand up at important moments. Wouldn’t have won the last two weeks if not for some crucial efforts from them under extreme pressure.

Cheers bro. Can I ask what were the average heights of the two teams as they lined up in the prelim, according to your database?

ClubAv AgeAv GmsAv GlsAv HgtAv Wgt2019 Age2019 Gms2019 Gls2019 Hgt2019 WgtYoungest SinceOldest Since
Rich
26.18​
125.4​
96.2​
185.6​
86.2​
25.12​
100.3​
70.6​
185.5​
85.7​
2019 QF2001 SF
Geel
26.46​
122.2​
73.5​
187.9​
89.0​
26.25​
118.7​
92.7​
188.4​
89.1​
2019 R192019 SF
Coll
26.20​
116.3​
73.5​
188.1​
86.7​
26.19​
112.2​
73.0​
188.5​
87.9​
2019 SF2019 QF
GWS
25.78​
99.0​
45.5​
189.3​
88.4​
25.63​
96.1​
48.7​
188.8​
88.0​
2019 R232019 SF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got to give it the the GWS management. Making a good club with high draft picks is never a certainty. Look at GC. But GWS are a destination club now

And to everyone writing them off for the GF. Has footy taught you nothing?

It's taught me that corruption is rife and that conspiracies involving the well-to-do classes of this world are everywhere.

The Tiger fans are starting to worry. I would, too. Massacre on the cards.

Really not, just responding to a ridiculous idea by pointing out the likely results.

As for the match, I see it as 60/40 our way...We're favorites, but a LOOONG way from being a certainty.

Best on paper means nothing. We have shown over the last 3 years we have the best team.

Richmond didn’t even make the Grand Final last year, and haven’t won the grand final this year (yet?), so that’s an audacious claim.

Maybe win next week before you get a full head of steam about being the best team over the last three seasons.

Cameron will name Deledio as he has always said that the reward far outweighs the risk and he’s supposed to be just about right again, plus he just loves him. Same goes for Cogs, surely he plays after him signing on ignited the run. He kicked 4 in a WAFL GF as a 16yo so he just plays. At least I have a team to cheer for now

Cameron will name Deledio as he has always said that the reward far outweighs the risk and he’s supposed to be just about right again, plus he just loves him. Same goes for Cogs, surely he plays after him signing on ignited the run. He kicked 4 in a WAFL GF as a 16yo so he just plays. At least I have a team to cheer for now

You’re also factoring in the psychological component of bringing players into a grand final. Some players, even if fully fit, won’t have the mental ability to step into a Grand Final and perform to a reasonable standard.

Cogs might not be 100%, but won’t die wondering if he’s selected. Deledio has even more impetus to perform, if fit.

Cyril was touch and go to play in 2014 (?), but came in and played his role well.

It’d certainly be a huge boost for the Giants if they can get as many elite players back as possible.

Giants are a good side but would need Tigers to be off for any chance
Strange thing to say when the Pies were tipped to win today and we know what happened there.

The biggest problem GWS have to overcome is to make sure that they don't play the GF in their minds before they even run out onto the MCG (like we did in 2015) and then forget to turn up to play. I'm sure this won't happen but it's something the coaching staff may need to consider and to make sure they prepare the players
I want Richmond to destroy GWS.
👎

Yeah well done Giants but there wasn't an easier match up at the G for the Tigers.
Congrats tigers on winning another premiership
Sometimes having easy matches leading into the PF and GF is not always the best thing. In fact IMO the harder they are the better you are primed for the battle that usually comes in playing in a GF. In this case GWS are more primed, but we shall see who comes out on top at the end of the day!

Back