Bluemour Melting Pot XX - Snark Free Zone

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the upside in the first place?

And what's the downside, some people who don't know you and you don't know, don't give you respect?

Do you think it’s coincidence that every good poster has gotten shitty for the exact same reason, or otherwise just left?

EP hasn’t been on this year, and the board is significantly lesser for it.

Appreciate all poster's contributions, especially the ITKs. They share when they don't have to. What is in it for them? The likes?

I take the view that anything posted is, by its definition a rumour and should be taken as such. I'm curious as to any motivation for "calling them out"? What possible benefit is there for us? The only possible consequence is pi$$ing another poster off and having them not share again. Whether posters believe them or not, what motivation would anyone have for pushing another poster away? We are all Carlton supporters here. If someone doesn't believe a rumour, ignore it.

Some perspective from my position.

I’m fortunate and privileged to sometimes hear things of relevance. When I do, I consider whether to post on TC, and more recently on BF as well.

If it’s exciting and good news, I’m a chance to share it with other passionate Blues supporters. If it’s negative I generally don’t share.

If I post, I then I need to ensure that I don’t give any indication of where I’ve heard the info from, or compromise the privilege that I have. I’m privileged to receive it and I treat it as such.

It doesn’t matter whether I have a thick skin or not, on a very personal level I want to continue hearing the info I do. I’m not going to cop shit for sharing what I hear.

I risk my access to information each and every time that I post inside info.

I don’t ever look at “likes”. If I did, my post count on BF would be much higher given I joined BF in 2004, lived through the Essendon drug saga, and have now posted less than 10 times.

I get info and sometimes I share, nothing more and nothing less.
Well said OR. Most of us appreciate the info you and the other ITK posters give us. Don't let the few bad ones ruin it for the rest of us.

And if an ITK doesn't like what some random says they ignore it.
Goes both ways. An ITK said something that didn't pan out 100% so it's ok to have a fit about it and rage-post online? Ignore it. Without the few willing to share what they are told, we are left with the mainstream footy journos doing the same thing but with blue check marks anyway, so what's the difference? At least with these posters we get to hear something from a different source or angle.

Footy is entertainment. Rumours are entertaining. This shouldn't be a pissing contest and I have no idea why some take it to heart so much at the potential expense of everyone else. It's selfish and childish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, to all - since I've been on this site, this has been the season with the most regular itk postings by a mile. We have been absolutely spoilt rotten this season, and it shows. An occasional post used to be enough, now people want hourly, daily, weekly updates - even when it's not trade period. It's ridiculous, and I think we need to recognise how privileged we are right now, and sit back and just be thankful for how bloody good we have it here

Some perspective from my position.

I’m fortunate and privileged to sometimes hear things of relevance. When I do, I consider whether to post on TC, and more recently on BF as well.

If it’s exciting and good news, I’m a chance to share it with other passionate Blues supporters. If it’s negative I generally don’t share.

If I post, I then I need to ensure that I don’t give any indication of where I’ve heard the info from, or compromise the privilege that I have. I’m privileged to receive it and I treat it as such.

It doesn’t matter whether I have a thick skin or not, on a very personal level I want to continue hearing the info I do. I’m not going to cop shit for sharing what I hear.

I risk my access to information each and every time that I post inside info.

I don’t ever look at “likes”. If I did, my post count on BF would be much higher given I joined BF in 2004, lived through the Essendon drug saga, and have now posted less than 10 times.

I get info and sometimes I share, nothing more and nothing less.

Your comments are appreciated and respected, if time allows do continue, its so important to have unique and intelligent input .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back