Bluemour Melting Pot XX - Snark Free Zone

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just pay the pick 9.
He's going to be better than anything we get in this years draft anyway

Think the hold up on that is the want for another pick coming back to assist in our currency for other trades, trying to hold onto next year’s 1st rounder & Sydney are probably demanding more than pick# 9.
- Papley
- Martin
- Betts (late)
- Pittonet (see Phillips)
* Cutler
* Bonar (?)
* Mystery man (gone cold)
+ Phillips likely going out

Given what we know about Papley and his reasons for returning to Victoria (aside from his partner, he also has a very sick family member down here) I would be truly staggered if the Swans don't trade him.

It will happen folks, even if Dodo and Essington are being pricks over the Daniher trade.

The Swans would lose all public credibility if they refuse to trade Papley on personal grounds, given the Joe Daniher scenario. I have no doubt at all that Tommy Boy is coming to IKON Park, even if took longer than we liked 👍👍👍

I just realised I’m ‘that’ guy. I’ve now successfully argued we should neither (a) over pay for Papley AND I’ve argued we should do whatever it takes to get him....

Schroedinger's window...

Heard a few compare the Papley situation to Gibbs a few years ago.
Difference between Gibbs and Papley is Gibbs openly said he’ll stay and honour his contract if suitable recompense couldn’t be found for Carlton. Have not heard a peep from Papley aside from his manager saying we’re his preference.
He’ll be a Blue in 2020.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back