Bluemour Melting Pot XX - Snark Free Zone

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like the greedy pricks are asking for more.

Peddling out what is being berated their way from ESS.
Daniher = 2 x 1sts (#5 & 9) ++
Hill = 2 x 1sts (#6 & ~ ‘20 #8) & a ‘20 3rd rounder
Howard = 1st rounder now (#18)
Papley = 1st (#9)?
Martin = 1st rounder. OOC, need to stay strong on this one. PSD to be used, especially if GCFC wanting to direct the same for Greenwood.

The top 2 are well off the pace IMO. Hopefully Daniher stays and leaves under FA next year.
As for Peter Bell, greedy & hopefully caught out. HFC played fair with you on the initial trade & STK moved on the deadline given for an adequate trade.

Piss poor if we do, we are dreaming if we think just adding the likes of Papley make us fit for finals football.

A 6-5 team under Teague.

Adding Docherty, Papley, Martin and Betts in addition to another year of growth for all our young players.

Struggle to see how we aren't a finals team?

My bet is SOS will be determined to do whatever it takes to get Papley.....and the Swans know it, and will take full advantage.

This is the last year of his rebuild. I think he thinks it. I believe he will focus on FAs next year. I think he will think his trade credits are a long way in his favour over the 5 year term and will be happy to cash some in.

I think Barrass70 was telling us he would do whatever it took when he told us a week ago we would get Papley and Martin.

I also think the Swans will only pay sig overs for Daniher if they get sig overs for Papley.

Papley will be ours. We will pay overs. Martin will be ours. Betts too. My bet is Hawks hang on to Pittonet.

Agreed. Hard to see much improvement from Norf or St Failure next year, Port Power are a team to look out for, however

Speaking to their fan base, they’re a bit dejected on the state of their list. Zero faith in Hinkley.
Butters, Dursma and Rozee are clear hits, but are papering over a few bust drafts and an ageing core.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. Hard to see much improvement from Norf or St Failure next year, Port Power are a team to look out for, however

Port will remain middle of the road.

Good young talent but an ageing core. They missed their chance on cashing in on prime Boak, Gray, Westhoff, Ebert, Ryder, etc.

No you are incorrect. I said the club was keeping its options open - that’s the context. I’ve never spruiked big fish or mystery players because it has never been likely - unlike some.

Unlikely is different to what you stated tonight

And we humble posters were going by your information "many irons in the fire"

Anyway, let's see what unfolds

that's interesting...they are in flag contention...doesn't make sense to trade out one of their best mids.

I think it could have been Treloar - Pies do have a major salary cap problem coming and trying to switch Treloar with say Rowell would save them a lot of money next 2 years and keeps the window going a little longer. Plus as good as Treloar is he is an accumulator and his coach doesn’t think too highly of accumulators - hence Buckley’s snide remarks in the past on Tom Mitchell and also why he never uses taggers.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It feels like Papley is directly tied to Daniher to me.

Happy to get both Martin and Betts. Will be disappointed if Papley doesn’t arrive but I hope we’ve got a contingency plan for another small forward.

I don’t think I’ll accept us not addressing the small forward position going on 3 years + now.
Unfortunately for us * want Daniher tied to pick 9 as much as Swans want Daniher so we are screwed both ways.

Would love to see us and Swans broker a deal late on Wed where they release Papley for pick 9 and for go recruiting Daniher all together but that is highly unlikely to happen.

So if Papley, Martin and Betts get done. Do you think SOS will push Cutler or a similar type for big body midfield depth? Is their something special happening in background with any undiscussed contracted players that we can snatch?? Also any news on the ruck situation? Is Phillips going or staying?? Other than Pittonet from hawks can I grab a spare ruck in rookie draft, mature aged or a delisted player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back