Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wines, Cripps, Setterfield, Kennedy, Ed, Stocker, not sure we can carry them all in the same side. Don’t want to become like Melbourne or the Crows, but you do fit Wines in if it’s possible. Not at the expense of an absolute need in Papley.

Coniglio really was perfect.

Kennedy probably gets relegated to back-up for McGovern and JSOS as a medium forward in that scenario.
Stocker plays half a season in the seniors while he continues to build his tank. Also, has a decent burst of speed.
Setterfield on a wing as per the second half of this year.

Worth noting that while Cripps isn't "quick", he's quicker than many give him credit for. Has improved his running significantly.

Cripps, Wines, Ed as grunt mids works, two of the three starting in the centre square, the third on the bench or resting forward. Just need to make sure the third mid in the combo is one with burst pace and agility (Murphy, Martin, Walsh, Fisher, Dow, Stocker).

Round 1 Carlton vs Richmond
Kreuzer wins the tap down to cripps who win the first clearances handball out to Walsh who kicks is long to center half forward McGovern and Curnow fly for the mark ( McGovern puts his knee in the back of Rance head 😂) balls comes to ground Papley roves it brilliantly handballs over the top to Eddie who shrugs off grimes snaps around the corner and kicks the first goal of the yr and 50 thousand Carlton supporters erupt

After what Port and Wines' manager have released I just can't see a trade happening this year.

Wait until Koche sticks his foot in his mouth yet, something along the lines of, "well if he doesn't want to be a part of the Port Adelaide football club, we, (I) do not want Olly Wines to be a part of the PAFC"

Then again - if we are going to use next year’s first to get Wines?

Why not use it now?

Gives Port another year to get their heads around him not being there, and to line up a replacement.
Gives us flexibility in being able to add later picks into the deal as well, which we can't do with future picks.
Gives both clubs more certainty around the position of the pick and the available players.
Probably lines up with possible diminished output from guys like Murphy and Curnow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny thing happened on the weekend...

I was at an Indian restaurant and the Butler came out and asked if I would like some Wine. Soon afterwards I ordered the special of the day - a Papaya curry. I then finished the meal with a Martini. On my way to the evening entertainment I passed the TAB so I made a quick few Bets. Then headed straight to the ballet where I witnessed some amazing Pirouettes. As I lay in bed I thought something about the evening was so familiar and then it dawned on me. Coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back