Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus, you leave this thread for a few days and come back to a discussion over solvent soaps

You could probably just read Joey's thread title in a days time and have lost nothing from not reading this thread ;)

Paddy Ryder on at the moment. I think the AOD-9604 fried his brain.

Sounds like the bloke out the front of the bottle shop at 6pm on a Thursday night already ******* drunk trying to bot a smoke.

Maybe the Swans shouldn’t have put a big money offer in front of a contracted player if they weren’t prepared to follow through with a decent trade.

I can’t imagine player managers being all that enthusiastic about fielding offers from them in the future if it puts the player in the awkward position of asking for a trade but ending up being forced to stay at their old club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just pack the laptop and sit and wait Dodo. Have a deck of cards for entertainment. Have the Cuban cigars on stand by, but to do nothing will be another step in the holding pattern that is 2020. We will have half a coach, 2 leaders wanting to knIck off and vastly same list that led us to mediocrity this year and no real draft picks to get excited about......

Just pack the laptop and sit and wait Dodo. Have a deck of cards for entertainment. Have the Cuban cigars on stand by, but to do nothing will be another step in the holding pattern that is 2020. We will have half a coach, 2 leaders wanting to knIck off and vastly same list that led us to mediocrity this year and no real draft picks to get excited about......

If we trade in Cutler, Bonar, Phillips, hold Daniher & Fantasia, manage to improve our conditioning and be ready for R1, and see both Smith & Daniher play full seasons, with a fit Fantasia and Heppell, and generally improve both our ball movement (Caracella), defensive work / pressure (Rutten year 2) and see more from our 20 - 24 year old cohort, we've got improvement.

Bonar could be a quality mid given opportunity, and Cutler is likely a better wing option than Zaharakis and is only 24 so has upside.

Phillips isn't a world-beater but he should be an upgrade on Zac Clarke as support for Bellchambers with the hope Draper comes along.

Also I'd like to think we'll use our picks on someone like Mitch Hibberd as a ready to go mid, who will strengthen us through the centre.

If we can actually see a fit forwardline for the first time in 2 years that would also go a long way toward fixing our issues.

A lot relies on Daniher; if he stays and gets fit, we're well and truly a chance to improve in 2020, if he leaves we have to either invest wisely in the draft or hope we can on-trade for someone like Wines and chase a KPF for 2021.

If we trade in Cutler, Bonar, Phillips, hold Daniher & Fantasia, manage to improve our conditioning and be ready for R1, and see both Smith & Daniher play full seasons, with a fit Fantasia and Heppell, and generally improve both our ball movement (Caracella), defensive work / pressure (Rutten year 2) and see more from our 20 - 24 year old cohort, we've got improvement.

Bonar could be a quality mid given opportunity, and Cutler is likely a better wing option than Zaharakis and is only 24 so has upside.

Phillips isn't a world-beater but he should be an upgrade on Zac Clarke as support for Bellchambers with the hope Draper comes along.

Also I'd like to think we'll use our picks on someone like Mitch Hibberd as a ready to go mid, who will strengthen us through the centre.

If we can actually see a fit forwardline for the first time in 2 years that would also go a long way toward fixing our issues.

A lot relies on Daniher; if he stays and gets fit, we're well and truly a chance to improve in 2020, if he leaves we have to either invest wisely in the draft or hope we can on-trade for someone like Wines and chase a KPF for 2021.

Some serious IF’s in there

But I like it

Some serious IF’s in there

But I like it

The biggest IF is Daniher. If he stays or goes. If he goes, what do we do with those picks. If he stays, does he get fit and play to his potential.

Big changes to coaching and conditioning as well, both issues we've had for quite some time.

We've largely built this team around Daniher's talent, so he's the centrepiece for what the team will be in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back