2020 AFL fixture released

Remove this Banner Ad

lol ... at least try and get the chip right

meh... it’s more fun deliberately getting them wrong & watch the West Coast Whingers continue to melt.

I’ve never seen a supporter base in my life as sad & miserable as the West Coast Whingers of the past few months

meh... it’s more fun deliberately getting them wrong & watch the West Coast Whingers continue to melt.

I’ve never seen a supporter base in my life as sad & miserable as the West Coast Whingers of the past few months

meh enjoy your gifted flag and leave us to our whinging

If by EAD you mean Examine Atlas Details then it is you that should EAD and work out that Sydney is a longer road trip than Tassie and flying to Launceston is the same travel burden as flying to Melbourne.

Serious question.

What is the travel time between Perth and Sydney vs Perth and Hobart?

Is there a direct flight?

sequence of events not your strong point hey

I didn’t mention the 2019 season at all in our discussion prior to the ‘gifted flag’ comment.

I just made a joke about how you were coming off as a Conspiracy theorist & then commented that recently West Coast supporters are getting more and more insufferable.

want to check the posts again? Or admit that you’re just a West Coast Whinging Flog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t mention the 2019 season at all in our discussion prior to the ‘gifted flag’ comment.

I just made a joke about how you were coming off as a Conspiracy theorist & then commented that recently West Coast supporters are getting more and more insufferable.

want to check the posts again? Or admit that you’re just a West Coast Whinging Flog.

lol

i was posting about the fixture
you replied 'tin foil hat'
i replied 'gifted flag'

i really cant dumb it down for you any further

lol

i was posting about the fixture
you called me a whinger
i replied 'gifted flag'

i really cant dumb it down for you any further

So where did I bring up 2019 first to match your so called ‘timeline’?

you don’t need to dumb it down (because being an Eagles conspiracy theorist, you’re already basically there)— just link back to the post in this conversation where I mentioned the 2019 season first?

Hence my suggestion for 2 divisions of 12 teams each. The original 22 week season came from a 12 team competition. The AFL will never (and should never) consider reducing the number of teams, but have an appetite for expansion. This would create a fairer system than we have currently. Full H+A for starters.
2 conference system similar to nba would be cool, although they still play cross conference system matches and play 82 per season

Yeh and im saying it should be only 3 teams twice. For 20 game season.

So you play everyone once = 17 games.
and then one each from the 3 groups of 6 making it 20 games.
so much fairer.
Yes afl lose 18 games by losing two weeks of footy (so 180 all up in home and away season) - but in interest of fairness.

you think the AFLPA will agree to a 10% paycut given the broadcasters have 10% less games?

you think the AFLPA will agree to a 10% paycut given the broadcasters have 10% less games?
maybe they will. You nor I know what they will agree to as we are not privy to such discussions.

maybe you get back some of that 20% by (thinking out loud) changing first week of finals to being best of 3 games (over 3 weekends). So thats 4 games back maybe up to 8 if all series go to 3rd game).

throw in a wildcard/playoff game prior to finals for final spot in top 8 and thats a 9th game back and suddenly its 10% cut - but not change to number of weekends with footy on.

I'm honestly really happy about that fixture for Fremantle. Some of my thoughts

Positives
- Double up matches against Melbourne, Gold Coast, St Kilda and Western Bulldogs. Reckon we could easily pick up 8 wins from that if we don't play horribly. Only team there I'd be concerned about is the Bulldogs.
- Home games against top tier clubs like Collingwood, Richmond and Geelong. Will be great to go down and have a watch against them.
- Less 6 day breaks is a big positive.

Negatives
- Two matches in Adelaide. We don't play well there at all and could easily drop 8 points there. Hopefully Longmuir can turn that around.
- Two games in Sydney. I guess it isn't the worst but could be a whole lot better.
- Travelling to Tasmania. Every damn year we have to go there. I guess we have a better chance of beating North Melbourne over Hawthorn this week.

I reckon we'll pick up a few upset victories next year and finish 12-10 based on that fixture. Overall stoked with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back