2020 AFL fixture released

Remove this Banner Ad

Still melting??

Can you explain how to me how #VICBIAS aligns with West Coast's league High positive Free Kick Differential?

Or that how the "establishment propping up its cash cows" aligns with the West Coast Whingers rant that if the Eagles weren't included into the old VFL that the AFL would be broke?

That isn't an opinion. That is a statement of fact. Ross Oakley, the CEO of the VFL/AFL at the time has stated that was the case.

That isn't an opinion. That is a statement of fact. Even the CEO of the VFL/AFL at the time has stated that was the case.

But if that's a statement of fact why is Obeanie1 complaining that the AFL is propping up it's cash shows as below:

We just like to point out that our club has to beat both the teams we play on field AND the establishment who are hell bent on propping up its cash cows so the AFL fat cats get their bonuses. Dont pretend you dont get a massive advantage just so the AFL makes more money and Gill gets his bonuses.

Wouldn't West Coast be one of those cash cows they should be propping up?

The story keeps changing.

But if that's a statement of fact why is Obeanie1 complaining that the AFL is propping up it's cash shows as below:

Wouldn't West Coast be one of those cash cows they should be propping up?

The story keeps changing.

It is a statement of fact. If you watched the recent doco about the Fitzroy merge Ross Oakley is on camera saying just exactly that.

If West Coast was treated the same way as big Victorian clubs AFL wouldn't force us to travel to small regional venues like GMHBA and Launceston every year. Things that Collingwood and Richmond seldom do.

Is your argument that there is no bias which favours Victorian clubs?

It is a statement of fact. If you watched the recent doco about the Fitzroy merge Ross Oakley is on camera saying just exactly that.

If West Coast was treated the same way as big Victorian clubs AFL wouldn't force us to travel to small regional venues like GMHBA and Launceston every year. Things that Collingwood and Richmond seldom do.

Why is it bias that you play those venues?

An away game is an away game is it not?

You can only really laugh at the AFL, they're so obviously bent and will do whatever it takes to get certain clubs into finals, win a flag one year but get the 7th hardest draw the next season (according to champion data) and didn't the Pies, Brisbane & geelong play in the finals as well!!...LOL

View attachment 773426
Lol and this was the 2019 fixture rankings after West Coast won the premiership:

A VIC team that didn't even make finals had a harder fixture. WA bias?

No-- my sentiment is (and has been) that West Coast Whingers are the saddest, most miserable group of supporters I've ever seen.

You complain about EVERYTHING!.

Especially when you make comments like the fact you go to GMHBA & Launceston every year. Since 2010 you've been to
  • Launceston 2 times
  • GMHBA 4 times
That's not even 50% of the time; hardly every year :straining:

Why is it bias that you play those venues?

An away game is an away game is it not?

It's not bias in itself. Only when coupled with other teams such as Richmond and Collingwood being exempt from having to make the trips to Tassie, and in Colingwood's case, also GMHBA
Lol and this was the 2019 fixture rankings after West Coast won the premiership:

A VIC team that didn't even make finals had a harder fixture. WA bias?

Yeah, I didn't have an issue with last year's fixture.

Except a couple of consecutive 6 days break, I also really like this year's fixture.

In saying that, Champion Data fixture analysis is rubbish and shouldn't be taken seriously in a discussion around which clubs have difficult fixtures.

No-- my sentiment is (and has been) that West Coast Whingers are the saddest, most miserable group of supporters I've ever seen.

You complain about EVERYTHING!.

Especially when you make comments like the fact you go to GMHBA & Launceston every year. Since 2010 you've been to
  • Launceston 2 times
  • GMHBA 4 times
That's not even 50% of the time; hardly every year :straining:

Sorry, should have said Tasmania instead of just Launceston. We play Kangas in Tassie too.

Glad that we finally agree that Collingwood and recently Richmond benefit from preferential treatment from AFL.

It's not bias in itself. Only when coupled with other teams such as Richmond and Collingwood being exempt from having to make the trips to Tassie, and in Colingwood's case, also GMHBA

So, it's a case of you being ignorant then. OK.

Richmond have played in Tassie and Geelong multiple times, with the most recent for both being just a few years ago.

So, it's a case of you being ignorant then. OK.

Richmond have played in Tassie and Geelong multiple times, with the most recent for both being just a few years ago.

You mean when you were a joke of a club?

Last time you played in either Tassie or Geelong was before you won your first AFL flag. Back when you guys were the losers of the comp.

Richmond haven't played Hawks in Tassie since 2006.

Played Kangas there twice this decade.

Played Geelong at GMHBA in 2017 and 2012

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean when you were a joke of a club?

Last time you played in either Tassie or Geelong was before you won your first AFL flag. Back when you guys were the losers of the comp.

Richmond was sent to Hobart in 2016-- off the back of 3 consecutive finals appearances (including one against North Melbourne) that formed part of an 8 year period where Richmond didn't get to play North Melbourne @ home at the MCG.

Geelong played Richmond in 2017 when it was a Top 4 match.

Whether we were 'losers' or not--- Richmond has still been down too GMHBA three times in the past decade and Tasmania twice. We're not the team to complain about in regards to 'fairness' about playing down there.

Richmond was sent to Hobart in 2016-- off the back of 3 consecutive finals appearances (including one against North Melbourne) that formed part of an 8 year period where Richmond didn't get to play North Melbourne @ home at the MCG.

Geelong played Richmond in 2017 when it was a Top 4 match.

Whether we were 'losers' or not--- Richmond has still been down too GMHBA three times in the past decade and Tasmania twice. We're not the team to complain about in regards to 'fairness' about playing down there.

and yet strangely, as soon as you win an AFL flag, Richmond no longer had to do any of those things.

and yet strangely, as soon as you win an AFL flag, Richmond no longer had to do any of those things.

Personally I'd have no problem if the AFL sent Richmond to Geelong for an away game (as long as Richmond members got access to a decent amount of tickets) or to Tasmania to play North Melbourne or Hawthorn.

I'm not like some supporters of some clubs who seem to think they can dictate where they play their away games--- gees, Richmond can't even dictate that we get all 11 home games at the MCG.

spreadsheet? keen to get a view of day breaks between games...

assume it hasnt been posted... struggling to find that pearl amongst all the 'banter'

Personally I'd have no problem if the AFL sent Richmond to Geelong for an away game (as long as Richmond members got access to a decent amount of tickets) or to Tasmania to play North Melbourne or Hawthorn.

I'm not like some supporters of some clubs who seem to think they can dictate where they play their away games--- gees, Richmond can't even dictate that we get all 11 home games at the MCG.

I don't have an issue with where we play our away games either, but the uneven distribution of Tassie & GMHBA games undermines fairness in the competition.

I don't have an issue with where we play our away games either, but the uneven distribution of Tassie & GMHBA games undermines fairness in the competition.

So you don’t have an issue with where the Eagles play their away games as long as it’s not in Tassie or in Geelong?? o_O:think:

You’ve confused me there—that’s a complete contradiction

So you don’t have an issue with where the Eagles play their away games as long as it’s not in Tassie or in Geelong?? o_O:think:

You’ve confused me there—that’s a complete contradiction

I don't mind if the Eagles have to play away games in Tasmania or Geelong (or Alice Springs for that matter). But the fixture should work in away that over a period of 2 or 3 years, every club has had to play games in those regional locations.

Does that clarify things for you?

Yeah, I didn't have an issue with last year's fixture.

Except a couple of consecutive 6 days break, I also really like this year's fixture.

In saying that, Champion Data fixture analysis is rubbish and shouldn't be taken seriously in a discussion around which clubs have difficult fixtures.
I know they are rubbish. It's so stupid to look at the fixture now and assess who has a hard fixture. Melbourne were considered difficult last year. Brisbane easy.

I don't know why West Coast supporters are collectively whinging on here when it doesn't matter.

Maybe they need to look back at the choke against Hawthorn at home to realise that fixture means nothing if you're good enough.

I don't mind if the Eagles have to play away games in Tasmania or Geelong (or Alice Springs for that matter). But the fixture should work in away that over a period of 2 or 3 years, every club has had to play games in those regional locations.

Does that clarify things for you?

It still sounds to me like a West Coast whinger is complaining that it’s unfair that they have to play away games at the secondary home grounds of clubs.

Non-Victorian clubs travel to play Victorian clubs anyway, so the inconvenience of travelling to Tasmania instead of Victoria is insignificant compared to Victorian clubs. We share a home ground with Hawthorn. Does Sydney play GWS in Canberra? No, because why the inconvenience? It’s just teams outside of NSW that travel there to play GWS. Does Brisbane play Gold Coast in Cazaly’s Stadium? No, because why? So, why would teams like Richmond and Collingwood play Hawthorn in Launceston or Melbourne in Darwin/Alice Springs given that they share a ground with them? The lack of that fixturing is not “Victorian bias”, it just does not make economic and common sense.
Even after having said all that, West Coast played North Melbourne in Launceston only once more than Richmond did so far.

Secondly, Richmond played Geelong in Kardinia Park 8 times since 2000, which isn’t a huge difference to West Coast’s 12 games. It is Carlton, Essendon, Hawthorn and Collingwood that haven’t been going all that often to KP since 2000. They have gone there a collective total of 4 times since 2000 (0 Collingwood, 0 Essendon, 2 Hawthorn and 2 Carlton), half of Richmond’s count alone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back