Up the Coasters Welcome to the West - Callum Jamieson (pick #49)

Remove this Banner Ad

JAMIESON-Callum.jpg

Much improved ruckman/tall forward who played as an overaged player for Western Australia in the 2019 NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, turning 19-years-old in late July. He grew in confidence as the year progressed and started dominating at Under-18 level with Claremont. He averaged 17.5 disposals and 4.9 marks in 10 games, including having 28 disposals and nine marks in an outstanding game against West Perth. He continued his rapid progression playing two Reserves games for his club, late in the year.

*insert melt here*

I like having a long term ruckman on the rookie list. I guess they didn’t think he’d last that long.

God willing Williams and Jamieson could be leading our ruck in about three or four years - by that time Naitanui, Vardy and Hickey would definitely be on their way out or delisted already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to the best club in the land Callum, wish you all the very best as you start your AFL journey. For all the hard work to get to this point it’s really only the beginning.

FWIW- I saw a player comparison to Ceglar In one of the phantom drafts I read. Watching the highlights, I think that’s pretty spot on. He’s athletic, works up & down the ground and can take a good mark.

Expect we might only see a couple of games in the next couple of years as he develops but I think he has a lot to work with.

Expected that Fremantle would trade up to take him well before our selection.

Second best ruck in the draft for one pick away from 50 and addresses a long-term need in the squad - can't complain about that at all.

The club has an exceptional record in ruck development projects - I have faith the investment shall be rewarded again in Callum's selection.

Welcome aboard.

Expected that Fremantle would trade up to take him well before our selection.

Second best ruck in the draft for one pick away from 50 and addresses a long-term need in the squad - can't complain about that at all.

The club has an exceptional record in ruck development projects - I have faith the investment shall be rewarded again in Callum's selection.

Welcome aboard.
I rate him as the third best ruck behind Jackson and Bryan

With Naitanui, Hickey and Vardy on our list he will have the necessary time to develop before being required to replace that group in a few years time

Good forward planning by the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back