Bluemour Melting Pot XXII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Given that they’ve obviously known that they were sacking SOS for quite some time, why haven’t they already been appointed?

That’s a great point.
If the Age article is to believed, SOS knew before the trade period that he wasn’t being extended.
Firstly - a tremendous effort on his part to perform the way he did.
Secondly - while that’s about 2 months ago, I can see the issue with recruiting a replacement would be the fact that most viable candidates would already be employed at other clubs, and therefore tied up with preparations for the trade/draft period. Now that is well and truly over, hopefully interviews are well underway.
The list is set until next year, so there really is no urgency to hire a replacement just yet. I’d rather the club go through a thorough (god I hate this term) “process” and get the right person. Not make a kneejerk reaction and hire someone quickly to appease the media or us fans.

Anyone know anything about this? Can we get a BF rep on?

"Senior Carlton figures are prepared to be grilled on the Silvagni removal when they front the fans in an online members' forum on Monday night. President Mark Loguidice, CEO Cain Liddle and members of the club's executive, including football boss Brad Lloyd, will receive questions from the fans, with the expectation that they will be questioned on the contentious Silvagni decision."

"Senior Carlton figures are prepared to be grilled on the Silvagni removal when they front the fans in an online members' forum on Monday night. President Mark Loguidice, CEO Cain Liddle and members of the club's executive, including football boss Brad Lloyd, will receive questions from the fans, with the expectation that they will be questioned on the contentious Silvagni decision."
Can’t, conflict of interest given we are supporters of the club.

must be someone who has burnt their card and now follows * after this week............
Surely no one stoops that low?

Destroy the card if you must but to support the druggies? That is some hardcore ****ed up s**t

Interpretation of this....

"Work experience kids on behalf of senior Carlton figures are crapping themselves to be grilled on the Silvagni removal when they front the fans in an online members' forum on Monday night. President Mark Loguidice, CEO Cain Liddle and members of the club's executive, including football boss Brad Lloyd, will all be at home, with the expectation that they will ignore all of the feedback the following morning on the contentious Silvagni decision."

Good God that was hard to read....
He almost lost me at "GC is a holiday destination", but I was done at "the oldies are lining up in God's waiting room." This is such a 1980s view of the Gold Coast.

It may come as news to some, but Joh's death tax 'refugees' fell off the perch long ago. The demographic of the City of Gold Coast, which stretches from Coolangatta in the south to Pimpama/Yatala at the northern end is much different to that described & is a market that both the AFL & NRL would turn their backs on at their own risk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The worst part of this whole SOS debacle is that a certain flog that takes it to the bank appeared on 7news representing the fanbase... I don't think it's the end of the world, SOS did his part and smashed his last draft with us and that's all I could ask for.
He's a great self promoter is the 'supporter' in question. If this was the only way Channel 7 could give their story some credibility, then they shouldn't have bothered running the story.

Lloyd highly rated by people in the AFL industry.

However Freo look a whole lot better since he left.

Maybe he and others overate him.

Interesting..........
Based on what? He was at Freo for more than a decade & involved in putting together the team which made a GF & was responsible for recruiting dual Brownlow Medallist Nat Fyfe with pick 20 in the 2009 draft.

Maybe Brett temple. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back