Toast Welcome to the SUNS - Jeremy Sharp

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Hopefully Sharpy can get into the team when we play Bulldogs, the girls froth these two.
1.jpg

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Has this lad re-signed yet?
Don’t think so.

He looked a fair way off it in the couple of games he played so can understand him wanting to get a bit more of a foothold before committing to an agreed salary for the next few years.

wpuldnt be commanding much so far.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What is the basis for your confidence?
Gc life suits him. Appears to be friends with wil Powell and jez McLennan who are the biggest surfers of the group.

Suns clearly rated him given what we gave up to draft him. Fills a desperate need in terms of skill set.

That and the fact that 95% of drafted players either get delisted or stay at their original club beyond the first 2 years would have me thinking that he’s most likely to stay beyond 2021.

I don’t either of your draft picks from last year have re signed either - it doesn’t mean they’re leaving.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What's going on with this lad? Is he not up to AFL standard?
After 1.25 seasons he's not in front of Ellis or Lukosius on the wings yet

In the two reserves games played so far he's been ok.. same strengths and weaknesses as was obvious pre draft.

Kicks it pretty well when out in space.
Doesn't seem to work hard enough defensively
Haven't seem much of him around the contest.
Disappointingly seems a bit slow, cruises.

Would want to see him get a bit more dynamic, show some development to the contested side and run a bit harder defensively.
So no, not ready for more AFL just yet
Probably where you expect a pick 27 just into his second year to be.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not sure about that. Plenty of opportunities at the GC.

Look at Trent Rivers who was taken at 32 in a first the same draft. Or Chad Warner at 39.
There was a wing spot available for him last year but as a first year player he wasn’t ready.
Think he’s improved to som degree but those spots belong to lukosius and Ellis now so no open position and limited opportunity.
He is limited in that capacity. Wingman only I think.

If he was banging the door down luko could play elsewhere but listened to an interview with dew today explaining why they’re playing him on the wing.

they bought In Rory Atkins at end of last year so think they wanted extra cover. Potentially not having the faith he would make a step up this year?

you can cherry pick examples from every year - Sam philp and Finn McGuinness, higher draftees from clubs with equal if not more opportunities not getting games yet.

from the previous draft James Jordan will Hamill, vandermeer, Bailey Scott took until second half of year 2 or year 3 to get games

you can come and post again in another 6 months to keep up your record. If he’s not got near the team at that point then perhaps. There’s a watch on him for sure but don’t think I’d be writing someone off after 1 year of their career.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
He's a slower less skilful version of Wil Brodie IMO
Good luck to the boy but I'm not sure he has a massive AFL future
Much better footskills then Wil, and faster on the outside but is allergic to contested ball which is a problem in the AFL. There is a lot more contests then in u/18 so if you can win your share of ball at the coalface you are going to struggle to make an impact at AFL level. Still young and has a lot of potential but is facing an uphill battle imo

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Couldn't think of a player more different. He is a fast outside wing with great skills.
Yet to see any evidence of this "speed".He runs cheat lines and his kicks are loopy little popguns
Brodie is an excellent overhead mark and great kick for goal.Agree his passing can be suspect but unlike Sharp his kicks come in traffic with heat

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
Yet to see any evidence of this "speed".He runs cheat lines and his kicks are loopy little popguns
Brodie is an excellent overhead mark and great kick for goal.Agree his passing can be suspect but unlike Sharp his kicks come in traffic with heat

He is developing. He has far more speed than Brodie, just watch his tapes. Not sure how you could even begin to argue he is slower than Brodie lol

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He is developing. He has far more speed than Brodie, just watch his tapes. Not sure how you could even begin to argue he is slower than Brodie lol
He's got carthorse legs-possible I'm watching someone else but I don't think so
We'll see if he's still listed end of next year I guess
Here's hoping he develops the way people think he will

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
He's got carthorse legs-possible I'm watching someone else but I don't think so
We'll see if he's still listed end of next year I guess
Here's hoping he develops the way people think he will

Think you're getting carried away criticising a player who has been in the system 12 months without watching much of his play. Changkuoth Jiath was nothing 12 months ago. Not every player comes on like Noah Anderson, Izak Rankine, Ben King or Matt Rowell.

Back