The Travel Thread 🚗 🚢 ✈

Remove this Banner Ad

1361293466c7149f284c6390fdaec77e.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ve just taken this over to Koh Kut which is an island central east of Thailand .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We’re considering Cyprus at the moment will be early June before the heat & masses
We try to avoid cruise boats but it’s getting rather difficult, did you go to Nicosia?
Cypriot food good?

We didn’t go to Nicosia because of the circumstances. I read a little bit about Nicosia and it looked pretty interesting. You have the experience of a city cut in half but I don’t think there are obstacles in getting to the Turkish side.
I kid you not. If you love a kebab then you’re in the right place! The Cypriots have their own version of tapas (can’t think of the name at the moment). Think Greek food and you’re in a safe place.

First time I have been in this thread for a long time so just caught up with the latest posts.

My last 2 visits to Cyprus were in 1989 & 1996 when I visited relatives in Limassol.

Eskie, it's good idea like you said to go there before mid June as it gets very humid in the middle of summer.

The kebab Robbo mentioned is called Sheftalia. Wrapped in pita bread with salad. Delicious.

Troodos mountains is also a good place to visit to get a break from the heat and there is a nice monastery up there called Kykkos Monastery. There are nice restaurants up in the hills too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back