Grand Slam Australian Open (Day 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

tenor.gif

Osaka is more likely to turn it on than Gauff in a Quarter or semi. She’s a multiple slam champion

Hang on You've claimed Osaka would thrash Gauff. A 15 year old has humbled that 2 time slam champion in an hr and 10 minutes. Osaka is a nut case. Her mental fragility is not beating a Pliskova, Barty or even Svitolina at the moment.

Hang on You've claimed Osaka would thrash Gauff. A 15 rear old has humbled that 2 time slam champion in an hr and 10 minutes. Osaka is a nut case. Her mental fragility is not beating a Pliskova, Barty or even Svitolina at the moment.

Pliscova is the worst mentally she’d have won 5 grand slams if she had a brain.

I’m happy Osaka lost she was awful tonight but had she got through she was a bigger danger in my opinion

She hasn’t been the same since last year
Yeah. Something in between the ears. Almost as if she doesn’t believe herself. The media, popularity etc as soon as she won the US overwhelmed her tbh. She tried to live quietly but that’s hard enough being a world number 1. She has to embrace it.
She ll have to find that passion again, she’s still so young.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. Something in between the ears. Almost as if she doesn’t believe herself. The media, popularity etc as soon as she won the US overwhelmed her tbh. She tried to live quietly but that’s hard enough being a world number 1. She has to embrace it.
She ll have to find that passion again, she’s still so young.

I wonder if she really enjoys it. Whenever I hear her interviewed she seems very lukewarm about it all.

Monfils/Gulbis could be fun.

so happy for Wang. shocked by Osaka, but she had a mare. The Aus Open had been fairly shock-free until today.

Barty has been the real winner from the upsets. Riske might be annoying but only Kvitova remains and I feel Barty a real chance against her(as long as it stays fine and the roof never closes). Looks like we will have a first-time semi-finalist again for the girls. Only Zhang remains on Osaka side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back