Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt2

How would you find Bradley Robert Edwards?

• Not guilty on all

• Guilty on all

• Ciara Glennon - Guilty

• Ciara Glennon & Jane Rimmer - Guilty

• I need more information!

• This is sooo sub-judice, I'm dobbing you in shellyg

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WA Today Blog -
"Senior Sergeant Marrapodi will be the last witness called for the state - as he will talk the court through the six hour police interview with Mr Edwards after his 2016 arrest, in which the state says Mr Edwards lied repeatedly and "feigned disbelief" at his DNA being found at the 1988 Huntingdale sex attack and 1995 Karrakatta cemetery rape crime scenes.

He confessed to the crimes three years later."

You won't be getting the full video by any means. They will cut out anything that relates to inadmissable evidence - pretty much anything post the last killing.

Also, I'm interested in his arrest and house searches. Sadly even more of that will be redacted on inadmissable evidence rules; so his pr0n collection, BDSM kit, and probably his modified women's underwear won't be shown.

What will be interesting is if his parents are in court for these segments what their reactions will be.

You won't be getting the full video by any means. They will cut out anything that relates to inadmissable evidence - pretty much anything post the last killing.

Also, I'm interested in his arrest and house searches. Sadly even more of that will be redacted on inadmissable evidence rules; so his pr0n collection, BDSM kit, and probably his modified women's underwear won't be shown.

What will be interesting is if his parents are in court for these segments what their reactions will be.
I dont think is modified underwear was ruled inadmissible though? Mind you its probably not especially relevant.

If the older woman you mentioned is his grandmother (a generation older than his parents) I feel for her. Imagine being her age and having to sit through all of this horrible evidence presented in Court about your grandson. Can't imagine why she is even there, you would think she would be spared.

If the older woman you mentioned is his grandmother (a generation older than his parents) I feel for her. Imagine being her age and having to sit through all of this horrible evidence presented in Court about your grandson. Can't imagine why she is even there, you would think she would be spared.

They seemed reasonably jolly waiting for the judge to enter after morning tea. Chit-chat, occasional laugh. I resisted the temptation to sit in the row behind them.

For their age they move remarkably fast and are usually first out of court on breaks.

I think it would be fair to say Laurie Webb wouldn’t be sleeping too well.

WA Today blog -

"Ms Barbagallo has not mentioned whether forensic scientist Laurie Webb, who was sacked in 2017, will be called as a state witness.

Mr Webb was involved in the collection, examination and transport of Ciara's fingernail samples.

The state's DNA evidence is expected to take to the end of February, and then the state's fibre evidence will begin."

They seemed reasonably jolly waiting for the judge to enter after morning tea. Chit-chat, occasional laugh. I resisted the temptation to sit in the row behind them.

For their age they move remarkably fast and are usually first out of court on breaks.
It sounds as though they are all in complete denial, a defence mechanism I suppose. There must be a term for that in psychology.

WA Today blog -

"Ms Barbagallo has not mentioned whether forensic scientist Laurie Webb, who was sacked in 2017, will be called as a state witness.

Mr Webb was involved in the collection, examination and transport of Ciara's fingernail samples.

The state's DNA evidence is expected to take to the end of February, and then the state's fibre evidence will begin."

Yovich can easily call Webb, if for nothing else than to eviscerate him and hang him by his innards from the Bell Tower (or at least the legal equivalent).

Actually I'm not sure if Hall would necessarily take that amiss. Lawyers love ripping into witnesses as a form of blood sport. Let's hope Hall is looking to a future reputation of honesty and fairness and discourages Yovich.

WA Today blog -

No I wouldn't have thought so, but Yovich will. He is definitely going to put him under the pump, just to add to the mounting failings of the Pathwest lab.

I would really like to hear the sound of his voice on the video tape and see his body language. It's a pity the recording isn't live streamed!

Maybe the older woman wears the earphones to block out having to hear the all evidence against BRE and just shows up for moral support.

New Zealand lives streams important court cases. The Bain family murder trial was very notable - the bastard eventually got off even though a legal review found he did it on the balance of probability. They are at this moment giving him back the murder weapon as he is the sole surving heir of his victims :mad:
Side comment unrelated to trial - Good podcast called Black Hands on this case. Makes you a little angry finding out later what happens after the trial as mentioned above

:mad: X infinity plus one

Side comment unrelated to trial - Good podcast called Black Hands on this case. Makes you a little angry finding out later what happens after the trial as mentioned above

:mad: X infinity plus one
Huh? Is it about CSK and where can we find it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It sounds as though they are all in complete denial, a defence mechanism I suppose. There must be a term for that in psychology.
It is called Cognitive Dissonance.

No I wouldn't have thought so, but Yovich will. He is definitely going to put him under the pump, just to add to the mounting failings of the Pathwest lab.
See I think it would be a mistake for the prosecution to NOT call him. Looks like there is something to hide if they dont. Reality would be that I think a lot of objections during Yovich's cross would be upheld. Hall is smart enough to work out forensically relevant info from muck-racking and trying to smear someone.

Huh? Is it about CSK and where can we find it?
No sorry, hence comment on being unrelated as it is another murder case. Just steering the folks towards a good listen if they wish. Just Google title and you'll find a few links :thumbsu:

DNA is like, soooo yesterday. Fibres are where its at now...Its what all the groovy hip people are doing :)
The more I have read on fibre analysis, the more keen i am to hear this evidence. If its a strong as I suspect it may be, then it will be the extra nail.
I'm personally more interested in the fibre evidence over the DNA. Partially cos I'm sick or reading the crap of an argument about the accused's DNA being under the fingernails of a victim that could have been contaminated in a lab. Gimme a break.

Partially also from watching every episode of Forensic Files with numerous episodes about fibres. Looking forward to any evidence pictures of magnified fibres and chemical/colour compositions.

PS any die hard Forensic Files fans new season (15) starting in Feb after a nearly 10 year hiatus

I'm personally more interested in the fibre evidence over the DNA. Partially cos I'm sick or reading the crap of an argument about the accused's DNA being under the fingernails of a victim that could have been contaminated in a lab. Gimme a break.

Partially also from watching every episode of Forensic Files with numerous episodes about fibres. Looking forward to any evidence pictures of magnified fibres and chemical/colour compositions.

PS any die hard Forensic Files fans new season (15) starting in Feb after a nearly 10 year hiatus
New series on Netflix?

They can't convict on fibre evidence alone. That could implicate any number of Telstra technicians.

They need to have an absolute match to one and only one Telstra tech: BRE. To do this they need the DNA evidence.

So enjoy your fibre evidence as much as you like. Unless they get a positive (uncontaminated) DNA match on BRE he walks free on all murder charges.

I hear ya!
The DNA is the scotch fillet, the fibres are the after dinner mint :)
Fascinating area and I think it will be quite strong in evidence....I have no doubt that the fibres will be shown to match the VS and both the shorts and pants as opposed to any other sources. This then augments the DNA (that is 100% his.)

I hear ya!
The DNA is the scotch fillet, the fibres are the after dinner mint :)
Fascinating area and I think it will be quite strong in evidence....I have no doubt that the fibres will be shown to match the VS and both the shorts and pants as opposed to any other sources. This then augments the DNA (that is 100% his.)
I do prefer eye fillet and a during dinner mint, however it's not been as common in as many recent cases in Aus so happy to see where it takes us. Plant evidence also interesting but none in this one.

The first episode of Forensic Files aired on 23 April 1996 (was prob broadcast on Foxtel). Wonder if BRE watched it to get some hints about hiding evidence and forensics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back