A thread on politics- have some balls and post

Remove this Banner Ad

Presumably LethalLions is one of those small government conservatives who refuses to accept any childcare rebates, negative gearing concessions, private health rebates and any other form of unnecessary middle class welfare... got to stand up for your principles afterall.

Actually, to be fair, he wouldn't be eligible for childcare rebates, because I can only assume that someone so passionate about population control would surely have committed themself to a lifetime of not procreating. Wouldn't want to be a hypocrite now....
Awesome small government like we used to have! Like when we were federated!

I dont vote alp either...I am bothered by their history of the white australia policy

But I presume that the brown dog votes alp or greens without knowing him as he tows the party line of big australia and love for big govt and more welfare for all.

Worst policy ever was the alp policy last election of allowing all permanent residences and citizens to invite their elderly parents here with no cap! When I asked my fed alp mp he didnt know muchabout this policy unfortunately

Good points skoob

And pullenvale is a long way to go from her office in paddo, adding to urban sprawl
I’m confused. Should environmentalists be living in the city, leafy suburbs or semi-rural outer suburbs?
And are advocates expected to have their office out in the sticks or in town, where they’re more accessible?

I’m getting the vibe that your own car has a “* off, we’re full” bumper sticker. Hardly a Labor voting ideal of any era.

FWIW, I’m not a fan of the Greens either, and believe they are hypocritical. Not for the crazy arguments you’re putting up. You’re not using the more obvious examples because it’s the instances they support conservative nonsense that spoils their usefulness.

Arent you for population control brown dog? How many people should we have in australia? Why arent Australians allowed to have a say if we want more people at all?

Why do you keep asking me to prosecute arguments that I am not even arguing?

In any case, connecting immigrants and droughts is a doozie.

355170.jpg

I’m confused. Should environmentalists be living in the city, leafy suburbs or semi-rural outer suburbs?
And are advocates expected to have their office out in the sticks or in town, where they’re more accessible?

I’m getting the vibe that your own car has a “fu** off, we’re full” bumper sticker. Hardly a Labor voting ideal of any era.

FWIW, I’m not a fan of the Greens either, and believe they are hypocritical. Not for the crazy arguments you’re putting up. You’re not using the more obvious examples because it’s the instances they support conservative nonsense that spoils their usefulness.
Thanks skoob good for pointing out alp and greens hypocrites

So sad

Awesome small government like we used to have! Like when we were federated!

Do you reject and hand back all forms of government handouts that you are eligible for in line with your views on small government? Or are you a hypocrite like Larissa?

Have you taken a vow not to have children in line with your population views? Or are you a hypocrite like Larissa?

Why do you keep asking me to prosecute arguments that I am not even arguing?

In any case, connecting immigrants and droughts is a doozie.

View attachment 742513
So immigrants dont use water brown dog? Ot eat meat. 1kg meat equals 1000litres water?

So we should bring more people when wivenhoe is at 52percent?
How much water does it family use?

Lol u admit larissa is a hypocrite. Prob like y'all who want more people here but consume less resource

The fact that you have dodged all the above questions is all I needed to know.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you LethalLions, Patron Saint of Hypocrites.

*walks away, fist raised in glorious triumph*

The fact that you have dodged all the above questions is all I needed to know.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you LethalLions, Patron Saint of Hypocrites.

*walks away, fist raised in glorious triumph*
Lol the brown dog..sjw and alp greens lover of a big australia for all

Lol the brown dog..sjw and alp greens lover of a big australia for all
Do you reject and hand back all forms of government handouts that you are eligible for in line with your views on small government? Or are you a hypocrite like Larissa?

Have you taken a vow not to have children in line with your population views? Or are you a hypocrite like Larissa?

Geez hope ur not a teacher or a policy advisor dont want u teaching the kids SJW issues please

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mandatory reading for the Murdoch brainwashed simpletons who have swallowed this “blame the Greens for the bushfires” propaganda RUBBISH. Read the whole thread.

The ABC had a great piece on the effectiveness of hazard reduction a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-20/hazard-reduction-burns-bushfires/11817336

But the unfortunate reality is that there truly will be places where hazard reduction was pared back because of environmental concerns, where the bushfires were made worse as a result. As the ABC piece points out, the effectiveness of burning is heavily based on local factors. Local residents have the opportunity to influence where and how much burning occurs, including by feeding back their concerns about damage to wildlife.

I expect we'll hear a lot more about a handful of specific examples over the next few weeks.

There should be debates about burning, both at the local and state level. Victoria has a target of reducing the risk from bushfires by 30% through fuel management, and it's worth discussing whether that should be increased, or whether the paper target they're hitting actually works in the real world.

But unless anyone thinks we should reduce the risk by 100%, and burn down everything, we will always have to make environmental trade offs.

Just continuing on from the Beams thread. I wonder how long it will take for the government to sell the land rights to Twiggy for clearing? I bet it will be 6 weeks after Twiggy's 50million dollar thinktank suggests it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back