Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

Hall of Fame is up!

I seem to have lost my spreadsheet with all the links to threads/designs/voting, so unfortunately I'll have to go and do that allll again one day.
Marvellous, thanks for that resource.
By chance would we have results for FIRA Cup winners? Or is that a bit over kill?

I find myself going to visit Mero's site on a semi-regular basis as I find it so interesting. One thing that I could never wrap my head around though was the proposed jumper/colour scheme for the Melbourne Hawks venture. Had it have gone through, I just don't understand how they could have made a colour scheme such as this work, considering that Fitzroy were still alive at the time, and Adelaide also had an identical colour scheme.

F8d2SYe.gif

How do you guys think they could have made this work?
clash jumpers

Marvellous, thanks for that resource.
By chance would we have results for FIRA Cup winners? Or is that a bit over kill?

I wanted to keep it just to the major league comps for now, those that have shown an ability to stand the test of time. I certainly hope going forward that some of the other yearly comps will get a status befitting inclusion.

EE3A09A4-D838-4461-9E48-C8997B08058A.jpeg

big thanks to Freight Train and the team at Mad Dog Promotions in Perth for helping me organise new training singlets for my cricket club. Pretty stoked to have the boys rocking something I designed (with FT’s input as well).

View attachment 814614

big thanks to Freight Train and the team at Mad Dog Promotions in Perth for helping me organise new training singlets for my cricket club. Pretty stoked to have the boys rocking something I designed (with FT’s input as well).
Is that authentic Shield Sportswear?

I’m looking at trying to take the next step with designing, I’ve got so many ideas in my head that I don’t really have the skill set to translate into a photoshop document which is why my entries of late have been so stale (eg. the horror show that was my NAFLR entry)

I’m thinking a drawing tablet might help me better transfer a design from my head onto the screen, does anyone here have any recommendations?

I also think learning how to use the pen tool will be a big step forward for me
I was using a cheapo Wacom ($100) which was great. Whatever the equivalent model for that price range they do now would be great for drawing out your stuff before committing to the precise design with the pen tool.

I was using a cheapo Wacom ($100) which was great. Whatever the equivalent model for that price range they do now would be great for drawing out your stuff before committing to the precise design with the pen tool.
Can confirm, had one of these for years and was pretty good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m looking at trying to take the next step with designing, I’ve got so many ideas in my head that I don’t really have the skill set to translate into a photoshop document which is why my entries of late have been so stale (eg. the horror show that was my NAFLR entry)

I’m thinking a drawing tablet might help me better transfer a design from my head onto the screen, does anyone here have any recommendations?

I also think learning how to use the pen tool will be a big step forward for me

The pen tool is absolutely worth the effort to learn. It seems insanely unwieldy at first but you get used to it pretty quickly once you learn the basics, and there are about 1,000,000 youtube tutorials (plus this board!) if you want any advice.

Here is the board's template feedback thread:

It's a great place to ask any technical questions you have, as broad or as specific as they might be.

I fully encourage everyone to try to regularly challenge themselves and push themselves to develop their skills if they enjoy design, whatever level you're at.

The pen tool is absolutely worth the effort to learn. It seems insanely unwieldy at first but you get used to it pretty quickly once you learn the basics, and there are about 1,000,000 youtube tutorials (plus this board!) if you want any advice.

Here is the board's template feedback thread:

It's a great place to ask any technical questions you have, as broad or as specific as they might be.

I fully encourage everyone to try to regularly challenge themselves and push themselves to develop their skills if they enjoy design, whatever level you're at.
this site gives a pretty good interactive tutorial:

Random question for the random chat thread. Does anyone know why, during the 80's, 90's & well into the 2000's, without fail, Hawthorn were always permitted to wear their brown shorts? Seems like no matter where they played, home or away, they were the only team in the league not required to wear white shorts. Whilst I understand brown is a unique colour, you'd think in an away match against a team like Richmond, for example, would have called for a switch to white shorts, as both sides had dark coloured shorts.

Interestingly the Hawks wore white shorts during the 70's, so I am curious to know how they managed to get out of that arrangement.

Random question for the random chat thread. Does anyone know why, during the 80's, 90's & well into the 2000's, without fail, Hawthorn were always permitted to wear their brown shorts? Seems like no matter where they played, home or away, they were the only team in the league not required to wear white shorts. Whilst I understand brown is a unique colour, you'd think in an away match against a team like Richmond, for example, would have called for a switch to white shorts, as both sides had dark coloured shorts.

Interestingly the Hawks wore white shorts during the 70's, so I am curious to know how they managed to get out of that arrangement.
Because Jeff said so.

I'm sure Mr. Kennett's word carries a lot of weight, but this was a thing already well established before his involvement with the club.
ArE yOu SeRiOuS?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back