Universal Love Charlie ‘Chook’ Constable

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Mitchell (back when) and Ben Cunnington are players that can break lines/open up play with exceptional attributes that are unrelated to pace.

Chook has the potential to do something of the sort, with strong extraction and clean hands. But he also doesn't need to be breaking lines to become a strong performer at AFL level.

And Greg Williams says that running fast is for wusses....:cool:

Sam Mitchell (back when) and Ben Cunnington are players that can break lines/open up play with exceptional attributes that are unrelated to pace.

Chook has the potential to do something of the sort, with strong extraction and clean hands. But he also doesn't need to be breaking lines to become a strong performer at AFL level.
No, but these guys have the burst from the first few steps. Both also had/have the side-step skill down pat also. I'm not sure Constable's sidestep is near there level yet.

No, but these guys have the burst from the first few steps. Both also had/have the side-step skill down pat also. I'm not sure Constable's sidestep is near there level yet.

I like that you not only missed the point but doubled down on pretending to have precise physical understanding of something you have zero actual knowledge of.

I like that you not only missed the point but doubled down on pretending to have precise physical understanding of something you have zero actual knowledge of.

I felt CatRiot's response was more than fair. Mitchell and Cunnington clearly possess physical attributes that Chook simply does not. Sure, he might be able to develop, but he doesn't seem to have developed physically at all in the past three years on sight.

I felt CatRiot's response was more than fair. Mitchell and Cunnington clearly possess physical attributes that Chook simply does not. Sure, he might be able to develop, but he doesn't seem to have developed physically at all in the past three years on sight.

What are you basing the idea that Constable has had no physical development in the past three years on? Because that might be the wildest hot take yet.

That doesn't make any sense. Yours wasn't a yes/no question. Good effort though.
True, poorly worded on my part. But you did show that there's no basis for what you said other than pure subjective opinion.

Love the way people cite Williams and Mitchell whenever it's suggested that a player's lack of pace is a problem.
Like counting the 2 hits and ignoring the 200 misses. :rolleyes:

Its not even established whether or not Chook has any lack of pace, outside the eagle eyes and confident personal appraisal of some posters.

Plus I mentioned Cunnington as well. The point is not that pace is irrelevant, but it's only one tool in a players kit and not on its own the defining one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. You're comparing him to Sam Mitchell and Ben Cunnington, I'm saying that on appearance Chook is nowhere near their physical attributes. Do you disagree?

I think what I actually said is they were examples of players who could break lines without relying on pace, but okay.

And as for your perception of his physique I just don't think that it's any amount of relevant, interesting or meaningful.

Its not even established whether or not Chook has any lack of pace, outside the eagle eyes and confident personal appraisal of some posters.

Plus I mentioned Cunnington as well. The point is not that pace is irrelevant, but it's only one tool in a players kit and not on its own the defining one.
I wasn't making any comment on Constable, just on the sheer silliness of the "you don't have to be fast, look at Williams and Mitchell" selective observation fallacy.

I wasn't making any comment on Constable, just on the sheer silliness of the "you don't have to be fast, look at Williams and Mitchell" selective observation fallacy.

Are you going to acknowledge that that isn't what was happening or just keep doubling down?

Am I going to acknowledge that what isn't what was happening?
What was being said wasn't "you don't need to be fast because of Mitchell and Williams".
What was said was much more along the lines of "are there examples of players that break lines without using foot speed?" and I referenced Cunnington and Mitchell as examples.

Needs to really step up this year and demand a spot in the midfield.

Is one I can see being a bust, without the drive. Needs to work on deficiencies as play that Josh Dunkley role for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back