News Coronavirus Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The whole Trump "fake news" and associated cooked online brain ecosystem was always going to take us here, and here we are.

That man genuinely needs;

a) to be banned from Twitter
b) mental health assistance

A sociopath bleeding the last drops from a crumbling empire....yeah they'll give it a hell of a shake :thumbsu:

It will be one hell of an effort to out-do Africa, though.

Once they get properly on line..................

I'm worried about PNG (Moresby is my closest capital city).

There are over 8 million up there with poor/minimal health services. It will be carnage.

The whole Trump "fake news" and associated cooked online brain ecosystem was always going to take us here, and here we are.

Flu battle ground... hope he understands he’ll be fine but any elderly friends and family might not be.

edit: I’d be interested to know how George Soros open boarders fits into the current model of nationalist isolation for the pandemic.

Last edited:
I think the media surrounding this is going to cause people to be apathetic and exhausted by the time the first week is over, all because the hysteria is very capitalized upon.

I'm exhausted just reading all about this already.

It isn't hysteria if it is real.

I'm worried about PNG (Moresby is my closest capital city).

There are over 8 million up there with poor/minimal health services. It will be carnage.
The poor, the sick and the old are going to get smashed in 3rd world countries, not to mention wealthy developed economies such as our own here in Oz.

Flu battle ground... hope he understands he’ll be fine but any elderly friends and family might not be.

And that George Soros isn't the cause of everything bad in the world.

I get that people who are emotionally insecure and unworldly ( Groin guru ) like having a boogieman - or boogiemen! - they can blame things they don't like and don't understand on, that's human nature, we've been inventing them since we descended from the trees, but surely serious people don't take this s**t to heart?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that George Soros isn't the cause of everything bad in the world.

I get that people who are emotionally insecure and unworldly ( Groin guru ) like having a boogieman - or boogiemen! - they can blame things they don't like and don't understand on, that's human nature, we've been inventing them since we descended from the trees, but surely serious people don't take this s**t to heart?
I chucked an edit on the end of my post, before you finalised this.
How the fook is Soros plans of open boarders fit into his narrative?
generally perplexed.

Hoping some of you maybe able to help out. Have a co-worker who returned from holiday in Singapore and Malaysia last week. Was meant to return to work today, but agreed to work from home until 14 days after she returned. Just overheard the boss on the phone, saying to her that if the remote access IT wasn't working then he's OK for her to come in to work tomorrow, to which she agreed. The rest of us aren't particularly thrilled with this development....

Does anyone know what the rules now are re self isolation - does this apply retrospectively, or only to people that are now coming into the country? Prior to this declaration, there were some countries already on a do not travel list - were Singapore and Malaysia on that list? Did that mean people who were travelling back from there needed to self-isolate?

Thanks.

I kind of hope the whole circus implodes.

Then we could go back to grass roots, local footy.

If the AFL abandons the 2020 season, local footy will follow. Some local leagues have already suspending training and practice games.

I have what I suspect is a mild dose of the flu. I have self-isolated myself since Saturday. This morning the Govt. COVID hotline rang out, by late morning it had crashed and now one gets an engaged single. One has to laugh.

The selective outrage and fear of corona is quiet telling.. As terrible as this situation is, we’ve got a whole lot worse preventable death in the world.

Could you imagine the outrage if 250,000 people died in Australia?

I used to have the number of dead kids due to preventable illness and malnutrition between 9/11 and that particular moment in time, (Takes less than a minute to work out) to throw in the face of 9/11 truth era who would claim it was the most important issue in history.

Pit was a staggering amount. More people than live here.

Something like 5 million kids under 5 die every year from easily preventable causes mostly in sub Saharan Africa.

Hoping some of you maybe able to help out. Have a co-worker who returned from holiday in Singapore and Malaysia last week. Was meant to return to work today, but agreed to work from home until 14 days after she returned. Just overheard the boss on the phone, saying to her that if the remote access IT wasn't working then he's OK for her to come in to work tomorrow, to which she agreed. The rest of us aren't particularly thrilled with this development....

Does anyone know what the rules now are re self isolation - does this apply retrospectively, or only to people that are now coming into the country? Prior to this declaration, there were some countries already on a do not travel list - were Singapore and Malaysia on that list? Did that mean people who were travelling back from there needed to self-isolate?

Thanks.

As I understand it, your boss wants to break the law.

In the union?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back