Autopsy Round 1, 2020: Hawks defeat the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

I really, really loved Frost's attack on the ball - what we have missed in defence for so long.
I really, really didn't love Frost's efficiency gotta work on that!
His fanatical attack on the ball reminds me a little of Spangher. He too wasn’t gifted on skill but you’d never question his endeavour. I think Frost could be very good for us.

Where are the Ryan Burton fans now??
images

His fanatical attack on the ball reminds me a little of Spangher. He too wasn’t gifted on skill but you’d never question his endeavour. I think Frost could be very good for us.
just needs to understand his limitation
grab the ball take it for a run and then think quickly and kick

Midfield is quality. Worps, Mitch, JOM, Shiela, Chad with Smith, Hendo and Skull on the outside will make us competitive with anyone.
By the time the next game comes around, Impey and Hardy will make us a bit sharper down back too.
Can’t see a spot for Lewis. It’s either him or Patton. We are too big already.
Shows we have some depth. A good problem to have and I’m glad I don’t have to make those decisions.

That man was playing like it could’ve been his last ever game. IMO though no matter what happens with the season (form permitted) I think he’ll play one more year. I said this in the offseason and now the season has been shortened I reckon the odds have gone up even more.

Geez its a serious side with Impey, Lewis, Hardwick and Scrimshaw added to it. Morrison is a worry. Cant believe he was picked, scrimshaw must have been underdone. O'meara really needs to work on his disposal. Other than that were looking good. Day and Finn waiting in the wings. Also a mate of mine who's a recruiter in SA, said that Josh Morris is a jet, averaged like 5 goals a game in under 18s. Lightning quick and takes hangers.

I'm still confident the high ball to the top of the square is the way to win our next premiership.

Could have won by more with more high balls to stationary targets on the boundary line.

harris Andrews kept them in it. Also if umpiring favouring fwds In other games being held had come into this game, we’d have won by more

Wingard is like a breath of fresh air the way he backs himself with ball in hand. That kind of spark can make the world of difference to the confidence of a team.

Clarko would be happy that our whole midfield contributed but Shiels in particular played a very good game.

Charlie Cameron seemed more worried about trying to make a point to Stratts than concentrating on the game.

TOB and Patton combo very promising. Lewis has his work cut out to dislodge the versatility of TOB and Patton just demands so much opposition attention. It would be interesting to see how or if the coaches believe we could fit all three into the team.

I love what Frost brings. Still seems odd with Big Boy down back but I guess time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This x100.
Ceglar's tap work today wasn't up to scratch or just Ceglar in general(?). Surprised no one has mentioned it.
Apart from that perfect tap over the back to Bruest I agree. Martin had the better of him before he went off. I think there is room for Ceglar in the side but it's to share the ruck duties with McEvoy.

I’ve changed my mind. Premierships can be won in March.
Awesome win, the scoreboard flattered Brisbane
harris Andrews kept them in it. Also if umpiring favouring fwds In other games being held had come into this game, we’d have won by more
The scoreboard flattered Brisbane. A lot of their scores seem to come from scrambling, Hawks turnovers or free kicks.

Patton didn't do much scoreboard wise, but it was obvious his presence forced the lions to play a man on man defence, in turn opening up our smaller players.

Silk is 27, yes?

Wingard has a punchable face, but fu** he's good

Liked the look of frost.

Frawley looked lost most of the game

Fair go, the only way to make Chad's face punchable, would be if it was on top of a blue white hoops jumper, and FFS that aint going to happen!

So much joy today out of an otherwise horrendous day. So many people will lose their jobs, businesses will go under and lives will be affected like nothing we’ve ever experienced but this bloody footy club just will never let you down when it’s people needs it.

Wingard and Silk unbelievable, Titch/Jom/Worps looked really good together and our defensive rebound with the connection to the mids was elite.

I was also really happy with big Patton’s game, creates absolute carnage and fear amongst the oppo defence, so many good signs.

Shame it’s ended.

TOB had a brief purple patch last year, but if today's showing was an indicator of things then he's back to what he was for 90% of his career.

Lewis is the future.
Compare TOB to Hipwood and it's an easy choice....... Lewis

I think it’s a bit short sighted by these opinions on BB
He held some good marks in defense while down there, then went into the ruck & of course he dominated. He came into the middle fresh.
I would think this is part of the plan

As for Ceglar, he did ok without being a star, well blow me down. It sounds like some of you thought he was supposed to be the best ruckman in the league

If we hadn’t sold to Ceg’s that he’d be our most likely #1 ruckman, he would have left

How would our list look then ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back