Streaming Better Call Saul - ** Contains Spoliers! **

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

The whole series is playing back to back on Foxtel if you still have it.
Just flicked it on now. Jimmy calling bingo

"B-9.... Let's hope that biopsy comes back benign."

That's the first of her family we've seen I believe. And she's got no friends.

Jimmy-Saul sending the prostitutes to Howard's lunch is a Walter White moment, though obviously far less serious than Walter letting Jane die. He's a prick from here on.

I love the slow transition but Jimmy hasn't quite reached Breaking Bad Saul levels of depravity yet - eg setting up money laundering for Walt and arranging for Mike to be the cleaner after Jane died.

Walt's character arc in BB is also expertly done. He took several days before he could go through with killing Crazy-8, and that was to protect his family. A few months later, letting Jane die was effectively a business decision. But he didn't just let her die, he rolled her onto her back causing her to choke when she started vomiting. Indirectly he was also responsible for plane crash after Jane's father screwed up in the air traffic control room.

I'm guessing Gus' plan is to put Lalo offside with the cartel, which would lead to his death? I doubt he makes it to season 6.
I doubt the twins/Tuco would still be working for the cartel in BB if they offed Lalo.

I wonder if it is something to do with the 7 million that gets Jimmy in hot water with Lalo?

Does Nacho steal it and use it to help he and his father disappear? Hence the 'It was Ignacio' line from BB?

That's a decent possibility considering the episode description two eps from now hints that Lalo is still in jail. Which means he never made bond?

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man, this is how you do a prequel. They just weave in little tidbits from BB so masterfully while still keeping the focus on their main players.

And again this week with the Madrigal exec who off'd himself in one of the BB last season cold opens. Dude should have pulled the pin when he had the chance lol.

Going nuclear on Howard was a highlight, been a long time coming I guess. Every scene now, you can almost see bits of Jimmy dying inside him and Saul taking over.

What a show.

And again this week with the Madrigal exec who off'd himself in one of the BB last season cold opens. Dude should have pulled the pin when he had the chance lol.

Going nuclear on Howard was a highlight, been a long time coming I guess. Every scene now, you can almost see bits of Jimmy dying inside him and Saul taking over.

What a show.
Herr Schuler.......* knock knock *

I think he actually mentioned being belittled and embarrassed etc by Howard in his rant too?
Yeah he did, I'm sure thats how Jimmy sees it. Still not sure how accurate it is. Think he's taking it more in the vein of 'here have these scraps, come work for me at my big fancy law firm'.

It's a realistic relationship. Two people who've been in each other's social circle for years accumulating uncommunicated grievances, memorizing things differently.

Last edited:
I'm guessing Gus' plan is to put Lalo offside with the cartel, which would lead to his death? I doubt he makes it to season 6.

Lalo only got bail though, after such a near miss he surely goes back south. Whether he tries to f*** up Gus' s**t one last time though is another matter.

What a show.

Courtroom scene as he stared at the family before making the full defence of Lalo really seemed to be his point of no return where he truly grappled with the morality of what he was doing (bet he doesn't tell Kim about that either). You can see the absolute guilt in the aftermath of it.

Howard picked the wrong time to talk to him, Jimmy was desperate for somewhere to channel his own self-loathing at that moment.

I love the slow transition but Jimmy hasn't quite reached Breaking Bad Saul levels of depravity yet - eg setting up money laundering for Walt and arranging for Mike to be the cleaner after Jane died.

Walt's character arc in BB is also expertly done. He took several days before he could go through with killing Crazy-8, and that was to protect his family. A few months later, letting Jane die was effectively a business decision. But he didn't just let her die, he rolled her onto her back causing her to choke when she started vomiting. Indirectly he was also responsible for plane crash after Jane's father screwed up in the air traffic control room.
From memory I thought Walt was for a moment actually considering the option of quietening Badger with a shanking as Saul suggested in the desert.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back