Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What choices do they have? All the shows with big media support (television) basically follow the same methodology. It's about keeping folks emotionally engaged long enough to obtain the subscription and/or sell the advertised products. It doesn't just apply to football.
Don't watch it. Fairly obvious choice.

Don't watch it. Fairly obvious choice.

I rarely watch the post match stuff, but I have a subscription for the matches. That's it.

What concerns me more is when our folks get too concerned. Then I tend to be prodded in to attack mode.

I sent a tweet to Heath regarding how I see the situatiuon, as I truly believe that there is an editorial edict to run with this, so I hope the board have met to address strategies to shut down what are effectively sustained, manufactured attacks upon our credibility. In that sense, it isn't a trivial matter.

If the board haven't put time in to this, then they are basically negligent in their duties.

I sent a tweet to Heath regarding how I see the situatiuon,

you sent a tweet? Really?

I truly believe that there is an editorial edict to run with this, so I hope the board have met to address strategies to shut down what are effectively sustained, manufactured attacks upon our credibility. In that sense, it isn't a trivial matter.

If the board haven't put time in to this, then they are basically negligent in their duties.

Bullshit. There have been enough people smashing it on the head. The board has got much bigger things to concentrate their time on.

Heard a snippet on SEN this a.m. from Derwayne about this. He was talking about dividing the competition into " 3 halves "

Now l really think Derwaynes high school maths teacher should be taken to task over this.

( p.s. pretty hare-brained scheme if you ask me. )

Three halves eh? It doesn't get any better than that. ;)

We put the AFL’s most underrated players in a best 22. It’s full of bargain trade recruits -
Introducing, Fox Footy’s Underrated XVIII for 2020
FB:
Jarryn Geary (C), Phil Davis (VC), Darcy Byrne-Jones
HB: Zac Williams, Sam Collins, Jack Crisp
C: Ricky Henderson, Jarryd Lyons, Mitch Robinson
HF: Alex Sexton, Brody Mihocek, Bayley Fritsch
FF: Taylor Walker, Tim Membrey, Jamie Cripps
R: Jarrod Witts, Jack Steele, Jacob Hopper
I/C: Luke Brown, James Harmes, Luke Ryan, Jon Ceglar

Interesting - we can't even get our players in the 'most underrated 22'.

It, of course, hinges on how 'underrated' is defined. Which of our players would you think warrants a mention?

We put the AFL’s most underrated players in a best 22. It’s full of bargain trade recruits -
FB:

It, of course, hinges on how 'underrated' is defined. Which of our players would you think warrants a mention?

I saw Taylor Walker’s name and immediately realized this must be a joke.

I took this advice at least a decade ago. These shows are predominantly full of attention whoring f***sticks with biased, agenda-pushing opinions they try to pass off as facts.

But people on this board still watch them religiously and then complain when said f***sticks put forward their biased, agenda-pushing opinions.
I dont believe anyone watches that crap religiously.
Its just that snippets of the bullshit end up on Twitter and FB and get followed up on in an article the morning after.
Footy Classified survives now on its social media platform rather than its viewers. Its a piece of s**t and FB is where s**t thrives.

FB:

Well LMac, JMac and Froggy are underrated on this board

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We put the AFL’s most underrated players in a best 22. It’s full of bargain trade recruits - Introducing, Fox Footy’s Underrated XVIII for 2020
FB:

Who the hell underrates Phil Davis?

Mmmmm, I guess the same idiots that underrate Taz.

I took this advice at least a decade ago. These shows are predominantly full of attention whoring f***sticks with biased, agenda-pushing opinions they try to pass off as facts.

But people on this board still watch them religiously and then complain when said f***sticks put forward their biased, agenda-pushing opinions.
Yeah. Apart from Marn Grook which is like shinte says ... Not as pretentiously stupid... I don't watch them.

I was meaning to watch that thing Jonothon Brown was on at one point but cbf.

What choices do they have? All the shows with big media support (television) basically follow the same methodology. It's about keeping folks emotionally engaged long enough to obtain the subscription and/or sell the advertised products. It doesn't just apply to football.
Do something else with your time.

Those wasted minutes won't come back.

Theres heaps of good short movies on YouTube and the AFL site or Ap has heaps of games, many of which we've won.

Maybe some advocaat? Fluffy Ducks all round :cocktail:

Must have been before my time.
I can’t picture it at all.

We usually just stuck to goon and bongs, but upon being let into places it was always a triple Malibu and pineapple juice + a never ending stream of vodka and red bull.

and Fernet haha

I wonder how the tiggys afforded to keep Dusty, I wonder if Caro wishes to look into it . Oh I’m sure it was kosher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back