News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my mates works as a rigger putting in the hardware for 5g around the city, he's currently taking out the Huawei hardware to replace it all with I think Eriksson stuff for Optus, as there's privacy concerns with Huawei.
Not exactly covid but as with all good conspiracies there's a slither of truth in there.
Usually if there is a dumb * conspiracy theory about something if you scratch the surface you'll find something obliquely related that certain interests don't want you talking about.

If tobacco causing lung cancer was still commercially contested there would be one about tobacco causing AIDS or gigantism. And another one talking about how nicotine stops the flu.

Apparently Covid 19 turns pets into robots.

A bit over home schooling mate?

My eldest daughter goes back to primary school once a week as of tomorrow.

Dunno how I feel about that. I'm pretty confident it's not floating around here tho. It's been nearly a month since we've had new cases in the whole area. My LGA still hasn't recorded a single case and none of the surrounding council or shire areas have recorded new ones since early April or late March. If we could close the border to the far north coast and northern rivers in NSW we'd be set.

View attachment 874221

Wonder what ours will look like.

That's a fascinating graph.

It's steadily dropped since the cancellations of major events but the entry ban, closing everything etc etc seem so on have had less effect.

Also took one week to potentially increase again and another just another week to climb past 1. Not what they want with the relaxation of measures..

A bit over home schooling mate?

My eldest daughter goes back to primary school once a week as of tomorrow.

Dunno how I feel about that. I'm pretty confident it's not floating around here tho. It's been nearly a month since we've had new cases in the whole area. My LGA still hasn't recorded a single case and none of the surrounding council or shire areas have recorded new ones since early April or late March. If we could close the border to the far north coast and northern rivers in NSW we'd be set.

Yeah I’m over it but more importantly my wife and kids are over it. I didn’t expect them back this term. With our infection numbers so low I feel like sending kids back to school and slowly removing restrictions is the right thing to do

I’m trying to find some info but I’m not having much luck, was wondering if someone could help me out?

Can anyone go and get tested for COVID19 or are they still just testing people with symptoms?

(in Victoria)

I’m trying to find some info but I’m not having much luck, was wondering if someone could help me out?

Can anyone go and get tested for COVID19 or are they still just testing people with symptoms?

(in Victoria)
Even if you have the mildest of symptoms, the authorities want you tested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What if I have none at all? I keep hearing “we’re encouraging all Victorians to go and get tested”. I know OS they’re testing everyone and finding that a lot more people have it and are a symptomatic then was first thought.

Just tell the testers you’ve had the sniffles.

What if I have none at all? I keep hearing “we’re encouraging all Victorians to go and get tested”. I know OS they’re testing everyone and finding that a lot more people have it and are a symptomatic then was first thought.
I think if you can't work from home or if you're in high risk category, they want you to get tested.

What a crazy ride it’s been. Remaining very cautious still, but starting to see the light as my work goes back on site in two weeks, been working remotely every day from home, so it’s been interesting.

We’re one very lucky country. Yes, we need to remain vigilant, but I never would have thought we’d be in this position during May. We need to keep it going, but I’m looking forward to some sort of normality returning.

(in Victoria)
No reason required - anyone can get the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back